SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have just installed SAF on my HTPC.

This has an intergrated ATI 3200HD GPU, which I don't use, I actually use a PCI-X Nividia 9400GT card. However on installation SAF picks up the 3200HD, not the 9400GT, is this likely to be a problem?

I have uninstalled all t he old ATI drivers, so I'm not sure why it is getting picked up.

thanks,

That should not be a problem, you should disable iGPU in BIOS.

tdw197

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

This has an intergrated ATI 3200HD GPU, which I don't use, I actually use a PCI-X Nividia 9400GT card. However on installation SAF picks up the 3200HD, not the 9400GT, is this likely to be a problem?

I have uninstalled all t he old ATI drivers, so I'm not sure why it is getting picked up.

thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately there's no option to disable iGFX in the Bios, just change the preffered order between the iGFX and PCIX.

DXVA should work then with the 9400GT?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
You are right, but if resize doesnot work for you it doesnot mean it is bug. SAF cannot suport milions of hardware combinations... I am using only one monitor and it is working good. So if you have problem with that, simply disable it.

BTW, do you have some "On The Fly DVD decrypter" installed?

I think it's a bug with ffdshow rather than SAF per se. And to be fair, dual displays must be fairly common and is hardly millions of combinations.

Pretty sure I don't have any "On The Fly DVD decrypter" installed. Think it's just Cyberlink decoder that's letting me watch DVDs.

I've uninstalled SAF4 and installed SAF3.47 and TV now works fine and displays on the correct screen and DVD's play in the correct ratio as well. For some reason, ffdshow has disappeared (or at least isn't coming up as an option in MP config) but that's no big deal and I can easily reinstall that separately.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately there's no option to disable iGFX in the Bios, just change the preffered order between the iGFX and PCIX.

Some users reported broken MPEG-2 DXVA on new nVidia drivers...

tdw197

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country

Some users reported broken MPEG-2 DXVA on new nVidia drivers...

That might explain it then....

Does anyone know the latest drivers which do work?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
A couple more points.

I was getting de-interlacing problems with LiveTV (I tried with "Fallback de-interlace mode" set to None and Best) I've fixed this by going to DirectShow Filter Control - PowerDVD Decoder Settings and unticking "Use Hardware Accelerator" under the MPEG-2 section.

Also, the SAF install says to use Cat8.5 with HD3200 as newer ones cause problems with HD material, but you said to use Cat9.4+ as MPEG-2 DXVA is broken with older ones. Could you just confirm that MPEG-2 DXVA is broken for HD3200 with <Cat9.4 and that HD material works OK with 9.4+? As I don't appear to be able to use MPEG-2 DXVA anyway with 9.5 because of the de-interlace problems with LiveTV, I guess HD material playback working correctly is more important to me.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
A couple more points.

I was getting de-interlacing problems with LiveTV (I tried with "Fallback de-interlace mode" set to None and Best) I've fixed this by going to DirectShow Filter Control - PowerDVD Decoder Settings and unticking "Use Hardware Accelerator" under the MPEG-2 section.

Also, the SAF install says to use Cat8.5 with HD3200 as newer ones cause problems with HD material, but you said to use Cat9.4+ as MPEG-2 DXVA is broken with older ones. Could you just confirm that MPEG-2 DXVA is broken for HD3200 with <Cat9.4 and that HD material works OK with 9.4+? As I don't appear to be able to use MPEG-2 DXVA anyway with 9.5 because of the de-interlace problems with LiveTV, I guess HD material playback working correctly is more important to me.

I don have HD3200 any longer, but i can confirm 8.5 was preaty stable and DXVA works for MPEG-2&h.264

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A couple more points.

What kind of de-interlacing problems? I have that sometimes after SAF installation deinterlacing is working and CTRL+1 gives 50 frames/second. And somtimes it does not work and it states 25 frames/second. Have not found any reason. Sometimes after a few times manualy importing into directshow it works. I use Nvidia.
    Have reported back to Hoborg but cannot reproduce it when i happens and when not, can differ between SAF relaeases.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I don have HD3200 any longer, but i can confirm 8.5 was preaty stable and DXVA works for MPEG-2&h.264

Thanks. I'll stick with 9.5 for now (8.11 I was using didn't seem to have edge enhancement or denoise) and I'll have to test how HD playback works at some point. I don't play much HD material anyway.

What kind of de-interlacing problems? I have that sometimes after SAF installation deinterlacing is working and CTRL+1 gives 50 frames/second. And somtimes it does not work and it states 25 frames/second. Have not found any reason. Sometimes after a few times manualy importing into directshow it works. I use Nvidia.
    Have reported back to Hoborg but cannot reproduce it when i happens and when not, can differ between SAF relaeases.

The picture had very noticeable jaggies, particularly on people's heads when moving. My older HTPC has an Nvidia FX5600 but that doesn't support DXVA so it's always been disabled and might explain why I never saw this before.

manray

Portal Pro
    December 5, 2008
    Installed SAF 4.0 Beta 2 with the latest CLVsd.ax (8.4.0.615). Looking good so far, have to try other files.

For those of you wondering how to get the latest CLVsd.ax, here are the steps:

1) Get the latest update from the Cyberlink site: DVD Player Software - CyberLink PowerDVD ? #1 Playback Software for DVDs and Blu-ray Discs

2) Open the file downloaded (PowerDVD9.2010(Patch)_DVD090630-01.exe) in WinRAR.

3) Double click Data1.cab file

4) Extract file _33446CDFFA2741B08B69CA4BBF847C54 to C:\ and rename to CLVsd.ax

5) Install SAF as usual (4.0 Beta 2+)

Hi,
    This version is no more available to download.
    The newest version is CyberLink.2115(Patch)_DVD090914-06
    Can anyone explain how can I identify the CLVsd.ax file inside the Data1.cab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom