SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (10 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Aha, sounds like it might work good to set different delays for TV and everyting else then, thanks alot! BTW, if you don't have a surround system, how should AC3Filter be set up? Are there any parameters which might effect performance if you only use stereo? I have read about people saying that certain settings in AC3Filter affects image flow, but I'm not sure whether that only applies when you use an amplifier with surround sound.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Aha, sounds like it might work good to set different delays for TV and everyting else then, thanks alot! BTW, if you don't have a surround system, how should AC3Filter be set up? Are there any parameters which might effect performance if you only use stereo? I have read about people saying that certain settings in AC3Filter affects image flow, but I'm not sure whether that only applies when you use an amplifier with surround sound.

You mean analog audio? If yes, in SAF install proces click no to enable passtrough. Then after saf install, START - SAF - AC3 configuration - Output format and select speaker type (similar in ffdshow audio config).
There is no way how SAF autoset this...

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes that's what I meant. I didn't expect SAF to set if for me automatically, there's got to be something left for us enthusiasts to fiddle with right :) I'm using the built-in RCA speaker port on my motherboard for audio (not toslink or anything like that), so it's definitely analog. Thanks for the advice!

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
I really like the fact that you integrated AC3Filter.
Now yesterday i stumbled upon a problem with AAC 5.1 audio through spdif
It does not work with AC3Filter from what i have seen.
For it to work you need in MP configuration to select ffdshow for AAC audio
Then in FFdshow audio config, disable the mixer and select SPDIF passthrough in Output. I also chose 24bit for output.
Doing that you will have AAC 5.1 SPDIF.
On the we you can also find that you need to enable AC3 encoding in AC3Filter.

maybe that should be added to saf is others can confirm.

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
I have ATI 4550 on XP and do not have any "black-level issues" - just disable dynamics brightness in CCC. But i do not use HDMI, that is true (using external speakers, so i can turn off TV when playing music)

SAF 4.00beta14

Changelog

First try of AC3 integration, so try & report if passtrought is working or not...

Thanks Hoborg! I'll setup XP. What XP driver are you using? Do you have any sleep/standby issues under XP?

P.S. I got the HDMI switching problem worked out by disabling the ATI External Events service.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
in the new beta you have for ac3filter on the system tab
waveout as default. this causes wmv 5.1 output not to work properly

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have just installed the new beta and for the first time I'm having some trouble. There's no problem with getting the right codecs to kick in for the right material, so that's nice. As I have said before I use analog stereo out. TV with ffdshow audio works nicely, but for everything else (DVDs and HD-rips) I am just hearing one sound channel in my speakers. Playing a DVD I only hear the music, but no speech or anything else.

It's really strange because I have used both ffdshow audio and AC3Filter before without any problems, and I have never configured any of them very carefully. I can even get DVDs to use the MS audio codec instead, but that produces the same result! That makes me think that it isn't the codecs that are causing the problem. I have also set both AC3Filter and ffdshow to output stereo sound, but it didn't make any difference.

Logs are attached!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom