SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is there something about SAF that would cause MP LiveTV to continue to use MPC-MPA decoder, after I've installed ffdshow and set MPEG / AC3 audio decoder to ffdshow in the Television section in MP config?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Is there something about SAF that would cause MP LiveTV to continue to use MPC-MPA decoder, after I've installed ffdshow and set MPEG / AC3 audio decoder to ffdshow in the Television section in MP config?

Not in RC1. Just reinstall SAF 4.00RC1 to fix that.

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
I'm trying to get a fully working setup with my ATI HD4650. But I can't solve 2 problems:
1) 9.x drivers have black-level problems. 8.11 seems to work perfectly. But apparently I need 9.x to for DXVA?
2) HDMI gets turned off when I switch the TV input to something else (TV/SAT/DVD,etc.) - have to reboot to get it back.

Have tried both SAF 3.47 and 4.00RC1.

While I have a 2250 TV card, not using the TV install yet...trying to work the basics out first.

Am willing to use whatever OS is best: WinXP/Vista/Win7. Anyone have any recommendation on which OS/driver for best black levels/HDMI audio issues? The front page doesn't help me as 8.5 doesn't support HD4xxx and 9.4 has black-level issues (8.11 is oldest possible driver for HD4xxx cards). And apparently the ATI registry tweaks don't work anymore on 9.x drivers.

Looks like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place (unless someone knows a magic combination). Maybe I need to buy an HD3xxx card just so I can go back to 8.5 drivers? :(

TV: Panasonic TH42PX60U (42" plasma)
Motherboard: Asus P5Q-EM
Video: ATI HD4650
Audio: ATI HDMI only
TV card: Hauppauge 2250 (installed but not being used yet)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
@Hoborg: Could you implement AC3filter in some way?

I am working on it :)

I'm trying to get a fully working setup with my ATI HD4650. But I can't solve 2 problems:
1) 9.x drivers have black-level problems. 8.11 seems to work perfectly. But apparently I need 9.x to for DXVA?
2) HDMI gets turned off when I switch the TV input to something else (TV/SAT/DVD,etc.) - have to reboot to get it back.

Have tried both SAF 3.47 and 4.00RC1.

While I have a 2250 TV card, not using the TV install yet...trying to work the basics out first.

Am willing to use whatever OS is best: WinXP/Vista/Win7. Anyone have any recommendation on which OS/driver for best black levels/HDMI audio issues? The front page doesn't help me as 8.5 doesn't support HD4xxx and 9.4 has black-level issues (8.11 is oldest possible driver for HD4xxx cards). And apparently the ATI registry tweaks don't work anymore on 9.x drivers.

Looks like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place (unless someone knows a magic combination). Maybe I need to buy an HD3xxx card just so I can go back to 8.5 drivers? :(

TV: Panasonic TH42PX60U (42" plasma)
Motherboard: Asus P5Q-EM
Video: ATI HD4650
Audio: ATI HDMI only
TV card: Hauppauge 2250 (installed but not being used yet)

I have ATI 4550 on XP and do not have any "black-level issues" - just disable dynamics brightness in CCC. But i do not use HDMI, that is true (using external speakers, so i can turn off TV when playing music)

SAF 4.00beta14

Changelog

First try of AC3 integration, so try & report if passtrought is working or not...

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
So how should this beta be set up, is AC3Filter supposed to work for all kinds of videos? I have different amounts of delays for HD material and TV, so it would be ideal for me if I could use ffdshow for one and AC3Filter for the other and by that be able to set different amounts of delays for h/x.264 and TV. Right now I'm using ffdshow audio for all high def material and there I have perfect sync. For TV on the other hand I'm using the microsoft audio codec, and it doesn't produce perfect sync.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
So how should this beta be set up, is AC3Filter supposed to work for all kinds of videos? I have different amounts of delays for HD material and TV, so it would be ideal for me if I could use ffdshow for one and AC3Filter for the other and by that be able to set different amounts of delays for h/x.264 and TV. Right now I'm using ffdshow audio for all high def material and there I have perfect sync. For TV on the other hand I'm using the microsoft audio codec, and it doesn't produce perfect sync.

AC3 filter works only for PCM/LPCM/AC3/DT3/DVD rest video will use FFDshou audio (or Monogram AAC in live TV).

SAF 4.00beta14
Changelog

Should there not be a Final after RC1 :)

Not, becouse i decided to integrate/change more stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom