SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (8 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems that a lot of people are having problems with MP not disposing of the Haali splitter after watching HD videos. Since there doesn't seem to be very much development with regards to that issue, is there another codec for x.264 material that I can use which allows for DXVA? How do you other guys cope with this?

i guess you could try the splitter that comes with MPC-HC standalone filters?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    It seems that a lot of people are having problems with MP not disposing of the Haali splitter after watching HD videos. Since there doesn't seem to be very much development with regards to that issue, is there another codec for x.264 material that I can use which allows for DXVA? How do you other guys cope with this?

i guess you could try the splitter that comes with MPC-HC standalone filters?

Definitly not. It is alread fixed, there is new core.dll available.

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mh... did it... but nothing changed in the good direction. HDTV looks now like this... and no picture and sound!

Did you configure MP TV setup to use PDVD9 for h.264?

No, but for MPGE2 i used PowerDVD9. Why? Because the only choices mediaportal gives me for MPGE2 are FFDSHOW video decoder and PDVD9.

But even if i use ffdshow video for mpeg2 and MPC for h264, its still both PoverDVD in the graph. I am confused. If i setup DVBViewer TE2 to use ffdshow video for mpeg2 and Cyberlink PDVD9 for h264 it works great, both HDTV and SDTV.

But MP just doesnt use what i set it up to use...

Greets,
    Steffen

Attachments

• tv_configuration_h264_choices.jpg
      tv_configuration_h264_choices.jpg
      72.7 KB
    • tv_settings_mpeg2_choices.jpg
      tv_settings_mpeg2_choices.jpg
      68.3 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Mh... did it... but nothing changed in the good direction. HDTV looks now like this... and no picture and sound!

Did you configure MP TV setup to use PDVD9 for h.264?

No, but for MPGE2 i used PowerDVD9. Why? Because the only choices mediaportal gives me for MPGE2 are FFDSHOW video decoder and PDVD9.

But even if i use ffdshow video for mpeg2 and MPC for h264, its still both PoverDVD in the graph. I am confused. If i setup DVBViewer TE2 to use ffdshow video for mpeg2 and Cyberlink PDVD9 for h264 it works great, both HDTV and SDTV.

But MP just doesnt use what i set it up to use...

Greets,
    Steffen

MP have blacklisted FFDshow for MPEG-2.
    You must setup it as it is on first page on this thread.

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That was of course my first try.

But PDVD or PDVD9 for h264? I actually tried both... and both dont work.

Edit: Am i missing something else maybe? Do i need to restart TVServer inbetween changes? I guess not, because it doesnt have to anything with codecs... i am running out of ideas ;)

Attachments

• tv_setup_pdvd9.jpg
      tv_setup_pdvd9.jpg
      70.5 KB
    • tv_setup_pdvd.jpg
      tv_setup_pdvd.jpg
      69.2 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

That was of course my first try.

But PDVD or PDVD9 for h264? I actually tried both... and both dont work.

Edit: Am i missing something else maybe? Do i need to restart TVServer inbetween changes? I guess not, because it doesnt have to anything with codecs... i am running out of ideas ;)

I told you to uninstall PowerDVD (or other software that installed "CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder" - second screenshot). You can check in graphstudio where the file is located on your hard drive to identify "unwanted" software. Then reinstall SAF and try again.

BTW - arent you trying to play *.TS file from local disk?

EDIT:
    BTW, can this be connected to your problem?

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I told you to uninstall PowerDVD (or other software that installed "CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder" - second screenshot). You can check in graphstudio where the file is located on your hard drive to identify "unwanted" software. Then reinstall SAF and try again.

EDIT:

Hm. Ok. I downloaded Codec Sniper to see what codecs are installed. What i found was a Cyberlink AVC codec which was broken. It was listed to be under C:\Programme\Cyberlink\Power DVD - even though this directory doesnt exist anymore. I Kicked this codec. Now i only have PDVD9 as a choice in MP config, for mpeg2 and for h264. Both codecs are used like setup based on graphstudio and both are placed under windows\system32.

I am not sure what you mean with .ts from local harddisk. I mean, of course yes... since TVClient doesnt do anything different? But i only have problems with TV. Regarding the bugreport you mentioned: I use WinXP.

Thanks for all the support and sorry for all the mess...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

EDIT:

Hm. Ok. I downloaded Codec Sniper to see what codecs are installed. What i found was a Cyberlink AVC codec which was broken. It was listed to be under C:\Programme\Cyberlink\Power DVD - even though this directory doesnt exist anymore. I Kicked this codec. Now i only have PDVD9 as a choice in MP config, for mpeg2 and for h264. Both codecs are used like setup based on graphstudio and both are placed under windows\system32.

I am not sure what you mean with .ts from local harddisk. I mean, of course yes... since TVClient doesnt do anything different? But i only have problems with TV. Regarding the bugreport you mentioned: I use WinXP.

Thanks for all the support and sorry for all the mess...

I mean - do you connect graphstudio when runing LiveTV or playing recodring/TS file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom