SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @edterbak - thank you for confirming that FFDShow audio is needed for proper 6ch AAC support

Next error,
    [The Dark Knight.wmv]
    Video: VC1 Video () 1920x1088 23.98fps [Video]
    Audio: Windows Media Audio 48000Hz 6ch 768Kbps >>> Error: No sound! (PCM) 44100hz!

I re-registered the qasf.dll file. (RUN: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\qasf.dll)
    This is the resulting graph after that.

The result in MP is still not perfect: >>> Error: 2CH 44100hz PCM! But I did hear the sound.

After that I added "FFdshow Audio Decoder" as a post proces in the Video section

The result in MP is now OK! DolbyDigital 6CH 48000hz :)

SO, I think now all is good with this beta19. Am I correct? :D

I had an idea

You might be able to avoid post processing using ffdshow audio
    what if you unregister qasf.dll and remove ffdshow audio from post processing
    then enable WMA 7/8/9 in ffdshow codec settings (you might also need to add uncompressed not sure)
    and let ffdshow handle the multichannel wma
    will this work?
    if this doesn't work then use above but re-register qasf.dll

I can't test this because i don't have multichannel audio within wmv file

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @edterbak - thank you for confirming that FFDShow audio is needed for proper 6ch AAC support

well, dont know if it is propper 6ch AAC.... Format seems to be correct. That is al I know. If the quality of the sound is affected, I dont know. (I dont even know if it CAN be affected.....) I tested all this with my receiver nearly muted.
    But nevertheless, glad to be of assistance. :D

(SSSssshhhh....... Baby sleeping!...)

[edit]
    I dont think thats going to work. This is current setting in ffdshow. As you can see, the wma 7/8/9 was already enabled by default.
    Above that, without the qasf.dll registered the audio pin is not connected to anything... see the graphs in the previous big post.

See here for that multichannel audio file for you. :D

Attachments

• ffdshow_codec.png
      ffdshow_codec.png
      35.9 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    one of the problems is that AAC channel order is different to AC3 channel order
    AAC 5.1 decoding - Doom9's Forum

[edit]
    I dont think thats going to work. This is current setting in ffdshow. As you can see, the wma 7/8/9 was already enabled by default.
    Above that, without the qasf.dll registered the audio pin is not connected to anything... see the graphs in the previous big post.

See here for that multichannel audio file for you. :D

Thanks

I'll download the sample.

I assume that ffdshow must be doing somethingt that is correcting the audio, I assume there must be either a way to get ffdshow into the graph without using post processing, or a way of changing the output WMAudio Decoder DMO

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks

I'll download the sample.

I assume that ffdshow must be doing somethingt that is correcting the audio, I assume there must be either a way to get ffdshow into the graph without using post processing, or a way of changing the output WMAudio Decoder DMO

My feeling about this is that the standard DMO decoder just has a buggy output. Previously AC3filter had to be present in postprosessing to correct this, now it can be FFdshow (in postproc.) as well. Both are good it seems.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had similar results to you, I can't persuade audio pin to connect directly to ffdshow and I can't get ffdshow to insert itself after WMA DMO decoder without using post processing

I only get 2 channel sound, unless ffdshow/ac3filter is added after the WMA DMO filter

The WMA DMO decoder + "WMA 6CH 48000hz - The Dark Knight 2008.wmv" outputs PCM24 3/2.1 (5.1) 48000

I think it is because receiver doesn't like PCM 24bit or because it can't handle 5.1PCM

I tried to use radlight filter manager to change the WMA DMO decoder output, but it doesn't have a properties page

QUESTION:

Why are you resampling 44100 -> 48000 , what is the problem/disavantage with leaving it as 44100?

EDIT: Perhaps a different ASF (aka WMV) Reader/Splitter is needed? otherwise will just have to stick to having a post processing audio option enabled

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi again... I've uploaded a sample of one file I'm having trouble with, as I told before in post #3174. Would any of you be so kind to test it? I'm quite sure I was able to play it under beta 17 but now under beta 18 I simply get a blank screen and no audio, same with MPC-HC BUT it plays well with Windows Media Player and also with MPC-HC in another computer under SAF beta 17. I just want to know if it is my setup's fault or the file is defective. Previous chapters of this series worked fine but from this one on they refuse to play. Previous chapters were encoded as High@L4.1 h.264 but the defective ones are High@L3.1 ...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks on advance...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again... I've uploaded a sample of one file I'm having trouble with, as I told before in post #3174. Would any of you be so kind to test it? I'm quite sure I was able to play it under beta 17 but now under beta 18 I simply get a blank screen and no audio, same with MPC-HC BUT it plays well with Windows Media Player and also with MPC-HC in another computer under SAF beta 17. I just want to know if it is my setup's fault or the file is defective. Previous chapters of this series worked fine but from this one on they refuse to play. Previous chapters were encoded as High@L4.1 h.264 but the defective ones are High@L3.1 ...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks on advance...

The sample.mkv plays fine in MPC-HC (i see its desperate house wives with spanish audio track, no option to select english audio)
    In mediaportal it plays fine too (in mediaportal i get english audio, both subtitles work (spanish/english) however if change to the spanish audio while the video is running then it pauses and wont load the spanish audio)

PS: I am not using latest SAF beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom