SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't need to since the only reason was choppy 24p playback and the sony bravia engine of the new tv solves that just fine...as I said it's an effect that only occurs every minute or so...

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, it also has the function of adapting 23.976fps material to 24Hz, which I figure might contra act problems like the one you describe. Anyway, you should try it if you're out of other options! :)

However, I too have problems with occasional stutter in certain video files. Full length movies encoded to x.264 never show any stutter whatsoever. TV series on the other hand are more random, I especially get a lot of stutter in x.264 recordings of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Weird thing that. I guess it has something to do with the more intricate parts of encoding.

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, that i can confirm ;) -> h.264 encoded movies definitely show less stuttering than tv encodings...

The reason I wanted to get rid of reclock was, that I couldn't get it to force vsync positions which resulted in the video sometimes stuttering alot (fixable by pausing/unpausing a couple of times)...I was hoping to get away without reclock this time.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is ac3filter removed for good now :(?
    - ALL - passthrough is now done by FFDShow filter (FFDShow Audio decoder
    needs to be placed in to MP video postprocessing) - this DOESN'T
    broke DXVA.
    - ALL - removed AC3 filter

It's so much better for ac3/dts than ffdshow.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Is ac3filter removed for good now :(?
    - ALL - passthrough is now done by FFDShow filter (FFDShow Audio decoder
    needs to be placed in to MP video postprocessing) - this DOESN'T
    broke DXVA.
    - ALL - removed AC3 filter

It's so much better for ac3/dts than ffdshow.

SAF19 is test only
    Bigest problem of AC3 is it doesnot support TrueHD, but it trying to decode it = no sound.

BTW, did you tryed beta19? I got only possitives now.

Please try and report.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A big drawback for me with removing AC3Filter would be that I wouldn't be able to adjust audio/video sync for x.264 material and DVDs/TV independently. As it is now All my HD material requires a certain A/V delay which I set in AC3Filter, and TVs and DVDs require none (and consequently I set none in ffdshow audio). If only there were profiles in ffdshow audio for different types of video like there is in ffdshow video!

Actually, with the latest betas of SAF AC3Filter is loaded for pretty much everything, which is a problem in itself and negates the benefits described above. After all these updates my HTPC is slowly moving against codec mess again. There are instabilities that I haven't seen before, crashes, random stutter in HD material, TV stutters etc etc...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hoborg,

I was just scrolling through / playing around in GraphStudio.
    I found these two WMApro decoders... (see attachment) To me, (but im not a wizz in this) it sounds like what we want. WMApro not down-mixed to 2ch. Please tell me if I am talking rubbish or not. That way I can learn from it. :)

btw. I just installed the 19beta2. Im testing now......

[edit]

Hoborg,

Im done with testing. It works for all the file types I had for testing.
    DTS, AAC, WMV, MPEG Audio 3 (32/41/48khz)... All work OK.

I also had the volume up a bit. I did not hear anything strange. With DTS/AAC/WMV the rear and center speakers function normally. No glitches or judders audiable.

But I had to enable postprocessing of FFdshow in order to get it working. Without that, it doesnt work with AAC and WMV (DTS does).

Need me to do anything more Hoborg?

Attachments

• DMOfilters.png
      DMOfilters.png
      20.4 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hoborg,

I was just scrolling through / playing around in GraphStudio.
    I found these two WMApro decoders... (see attachment) To me, (but im not a wizz in this) it sounds like what we want. WMApro not down-mixed to 2ch. Please tell me if I am talking rubbish or not. That way I can learn from it. :)

btw. I just installed the 19beta2. Im testing now......

[edit]

Hoborg,

Im done with testing. It works for all the file types I had for testing.
    DTS, AAC, WMV, MPEG Audio 3 (32/41/48khz)... All work OK.

I also had the volume up a bit. I did not hear anything strange. With DTS/AAC/WMV the rear and center speakers function normally. No glitches or judders audiable.

But I had to enable postprocessing of FFdshow in order to get it working. Without that, it doesnt work with AAC and WMV (DTS does).

Need me to do anything more Hoborg?

I have no idea how to use WMA over SPDIF filter...

Thanks for test. Too bad nobody else want to test it :/
    BTW - can you specify your reciever type? I can create some compatibility list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom