SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Well I tried SAF4.00beta19 and now Studiograph and I are happy! :D (see screen)

The only thing is that there is one error on my system when I check for filter conflicts. I didn't have any before this, does anyone with beta19 have this as well? (see screen)

Attachments

• beta19_works.jpg
    beta19_works.jpg
    53.8 KB
  • filter_error.jpg
    filter_error.jpg
    110.7 KB

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
I just updated to beta 19 and things were not very smooth. Here are the issues I had on Vista x64 and solutions I found:

First I had to install it as Administrator.

Second I was getting errors about a missing dll right in the beginning. I can't remember the name but it is what graphstudio uses to connect to directx. I had to download it and put a copy of the dll file in Syswow64, register it and then reinstall. Someone post the name and I will edit this post.

Third I had issues finding the right file from PowerDVD. The name has changed in the newest build. The file to look for in the new build as of today is: _6276EFFF5BB54B7B934F612EEC90B575

The best way to find the filter if they change it again is to sort the files in the CAB archive by size and the filter will be around 980k to 1Mb. Extract the few files in that range then check the properties. The description will say "CyberLink Video/SP Filter". Rename it and you should be good to go.

Please let me know if these issues are common and if they are it might be helpful to put them in the first post.

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
@bart0190

The stuttering full HD video panning landscapes you describe may relate to 24fps judder which is inherient with 24fps material (24fps is not a very fast frame rate). Or it may relate to your screen refresh rate =/= fps of source material. It is not necessarily related to your video card being maxed out. The fact that you have low judder and 0 dropped frames suggests that it is not your video card that is causing the problem, i imagine it is probably either refresh rate or just the fact that the original video does have slight jerking related to 24fps. However if you want your onboard HD3200 to run faster, changing the FSB (HT freq) has a much greater effect than changing VGA core. I used to overclock my HD3200 HT to 1375Mhz and it was fine.

Overclocking the 780G/HD3200 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
GP Forums - Increasing HT frequency for 780G

In the end best overclock settings for me were:
[collapse]FSB = 275Mhz (This gives HT 1375Mhz)
CPU multiplier = (Drop this to keep your CPU running at same speed, CPU Speed = FSB (Increased) x Multiplier (Decrease)
RAM = Auto, may need to increase the voltage by +0.1 to +0.2 volts
Northbridge = may need to increase voltage by +0.1 to +0.2 volts
HD3200 shared memory = 512mb (Don't use auto)
VGA Core = 600 Mhz[/collapse]

This is an interesting read -> The Big Judder Problem and the Overhyping of 24p

[collapse]... motion judder, an extremely annoying artifact that derives from the fact that movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). The 24 fps sampling rate was adopted as a de facto standard in 1926 when the budding film industry recognized they needed a sampling rate fast enough to support a coherent audio track ... The industry standard 24 fps film rate is an albatross that we've been stuck with ever since. As it turns out, it is way too slow to resolve camera panning motion cleanly. So when a movie camera pans at an unfortunate speed, you get motion judder. Sometimes you get it in spades ...

... The sad fact is, your high resolution 1080p/24 system is simply showing you the picture as encoded on the Blu-ray disc in its authentic naked form ... in a commercial movie theater the double shuttering action of the movie theater's projection system reduces the experience of judder and flicker. You can see some judder in the movie theater, but it is not as pronounced as it is on a digital home theater projector playing Blu-ray or HD DVD at 24p ...

... Professional cinematographers are acutely aware of the limitations of 24 fps capture rates. They go to great lengths to control the camera in such a way that juddering effects are minimized, because directors don't like it any more than we do. One common technique is to put the camera on a track and move the camera at the same pace as a moving subject, so that the subject remains stationary in the frame. If the subject does not move across the screen, the subject does not judder. However, if the background is moving behind the subject, the background will indeed judder ...[/collapse]

Hi kiwijunglist,
Thanks for the reply.
My TV supports 24p and 100Hz (Panasonic TH-42PZ85EA) - I will check if this needs to be turned on or it recognizes it by itself.
Output of my PC is 50 Hz via HDMI.

I checked in my BIOS (via CTRL + F1) the settings and actually I can not see directly the "FSB".
I can set the Rate (multiplier) to x2,x3,x4,...
The other setting is something like "Host core frequency" which can be set from 200 MHz to ?? - I assume this is the FSB frequency, right? (well, must be this :) )
I have a 2,5 MHz Dual Core.
What are the effects if I do not increase the voltages? (e.g. no wakeup from S3 standby, ...?)

I also assume that I should turn on my second fan. :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You should probably start a seperate thread, as this is offtopic

[collapse]
    FSB = Front Side Bus, I think host core frequncy might be the same, especially since it starts @ 200Mhz

Grab CPUz - CPUID

Sometimes you can overclock with out increasing voltage
    Gentle overclock is usually fine without overvolting
    As you overclock more the component sometimes needs more juice (voltage)
    If there is not enough voltage you will get errors/crashes/bios won't post/computer wont start
    Not enough voltage wont fry your components, but too much voltage will =)

You can probably increase the FSB by 10-20% (with corresponding decrease in CPU multiplier) before you need to up the voltage. Increasing the FSB by 10-20% is unlikely to damage your computer as long as everything stays cool (warning the northbridge can get pretty hot)
    [/collapse]

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Here is for the french version then :

saf_language.jpg

Thanks !

added.

Well I tried SAF4.00beta19 and now Studiograph and I are happy! :D (see screen)

The only thing is that there is one error on my system when I check for filter conflicts. I didn't have any before this, does anyone with beta19 have this as well? (see screen)

You are on WIn7, right? That is not problem, MS DMO decoder is disabled this way. If you uninstall SAF, it will be fixed again. Do not care about this.

I just updated to beta 19 and things were not very smooth. Here are the issues I had on Vista x64 and solutions I found:

First I had to install it as Administrator.

Second I was getting errors about a missing dll right in the beginning. I can't remember the name but it is what graphstudio uses to connect to directx. I had to download it and put a copy of the dll file in Syswow64, register it and then reinstall. Someone post the name and I will edit this post.

Third I had issues finding the right file from PowerDVD. The name has changed in the newest build. The file to look for in the new build as of today is: _6276EFFF5BB54B7B934F612EEC90B575

The best way to find the filter if they change it again is to sort the files in the CAB archive by size and the filter will be around 980k to 1Mb. Extract the few files in that range then check the properties. The description will say "CyberLink Video/SP Filter". Rename it and you should be good to go.

Please let me know if these issues are common and if they are it might be helpful to put them in the first post.

Just use *unlocked* SAF and do not care about PowerDVD any longer.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Hoborg,

I've just installed MP RC1 with the latest SVN build and used the latest SAF unlocked.
    It just works GREAT!
    It is so good!
    Thanks a lot, for all the hard work you did!

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello

Running Windows 7 x64 RTM and when I have installed the latest SAF and use the feature within the SAF's options to unregister the MS DMO filter I get this...

Is that to be expected...?
    msdmo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom