SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Just to let you know, SAF interferes with Windows Experience Rating (WER) in Windows 7. If anyone is having trouble updating Windows Score - uninstall SAF, run the test and then put SAF back.It fails with Cannot playback Video or something similar. Took a while to find out it was a codecs problem.

Chuckyy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi,

the link hoborg send me to unlock saf is no longer available. Did someone save the link and be kind enough to send me orders to unlock saf?

Greetz, Chuckyy

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009

FLV crashes!

On 2 different systems, I get MediaPortal to completely freeze on FLV file playback if I repeatedly press the MORE button on my MCE remote to zoom/stretch the videos. Both systems are frozen - requires complete shutdown - cannot get task manager running. This doesn't happen on any other video type - only FLVs. Running both ATI & Nvidia.

FLVs don't use the buggy TSReader by any chance do they?

Using latest SVN 1.0.4.24514 & unlocked saf400beta22test4.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I'm back! :D

I have/had lip sync issues while watching live TV (audio is ahead)

I tried rebuilidng my HTPC from scratch because of the amount of things I tried/installed/uninstalled.

So here I am again, after a fresh install I am still getting lip sync issues!!!

My system is:

MP 1.1.0.0
    SAF 22test4
    EVR
    ATI Catalyst 9.8
    AMD Triple core
    Samsung 37" LCD
    DXVA enabled
    SPDIF to a Sony STR KSL5 Amp (Audio only)

The graphs check out ok (as expected), I am hitting 49.99 frames (TV is set to 1920x1080@50)

Any ideas??

Thanks,

J.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I recently took the plunge from XP to Win7 x64 Ultimate. I installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 beta in the process, thinking it would be a better choice than 1.0.2.
    Video goes from my Asus NT9400 GT (NVidia) DVI->HDMI on my Panasonic Plasma. Video drivers are 64 bit 185.85.

I've installed SAF 4.21 beta *unlocked*, passthrough audio and I get stuttering video, mostly with XViD and DivX material. x264 material is much smoother. I figured that ReClock would be a solution to get rid of these jerks in the video, but it's all somewhat confusing. Is ReClock incompatible with DXVA?

When using ReClock, what are the differences in the recommended codec settings in MediaPortal with SAF installed? Google searches tells me that using MPC-HC for audio is more compatible with ReClock, but I'd though I'd ask here as the frustration's now caught up with my confusion.

Edit: I'm of course using EVR, Aero is on, and VSync is set to use application settings. I've also reinstalled SAF not using passthrough and set the audio renderer to ReClock + setup ReClock using a guide made by someone on these forums (he wasn't using SAF though).

Emph

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I recently took the plunge from XP to Win7 x64 Ultimate. I installed MediaPortal 1.1.0 beta in the process, thinking it would be a better choice than 1.0.2.
    Video goes from my Asus NT9400 GT (NVidia) DVI->HDMI on my Panasonic Plasma. Video drivers are 64 bit 185.85.

I've installed SAF 4.20 beta *unlocked*, passthrough audio and I get stuttering video, mostly with XViD and DivX material. x264 material is much smoother. I figured that ReClock would be a solution to get rid of these jerks in the video, but it's all somewhat confusing. Is ReClock incompatible with DXVA?

When using ReClock, what are the differences in the recommended codec settings in MediaPortal with SAF installed? Google searches tells me that using MPC-HC for audio is more compatible with ReClock, but I'd though I'd ask here as the frustration's now caught up with my confusion.

Emph

ReClock is compatible with DXVA but incopatible with Passthrough.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I've installed SAF 4.20 beta *unlocked*, passthrough audio and I get stuttering video, mostly with XViD and DivX material. x264 material is much smoother. I figured that ReClock would be a solution to get rid of these jerks in the video, but it's all somewhat confusing. Is ReClock incompatible with DXVA?

Emph

ReClock is compatible with DXVA but incopatible with Passthrough.

Thanks, but what settings in MediaPortal should I use? I've setup ReClock using this guide: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ree-playback-reclock-45834/?highlight=stutter

I've now changed to MPC/MPA for all audio decoding in MediaPortal. As I can't even find ReClock in the FFDShow output settings, surely I must be on the right track?

Emph

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have managed to "fix" my sync issue :D

I have added a 200ms delay to ffdshow Audio - everything else is left the same.

One thing I'm curious about, is that it has been mentioned that the PDVD codec H.264 doesn't work with DXVA? But it seems to be working for me??

My CPU tilisation is about 10 - 20% top when watching either SD or HD :D

I installed ATI 8.9 drivers, but ATI info reports 8.7, with this version I can not find where I perform an overscan (to resize the screen). On newer versions I click on "Display and Desktop" and then click on "properties" for the display. When I do that on this version I just get an ATI splash type screen??? :(

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom