SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Omny

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Can anyone send me an pm how to unlock SAF?

RippaN

Portal Member
January 10, 2008
It seems like my MediaPortal can play all formats except .avi xvid videos even tho they work in MPC-HC. I have followed SAF instructions and i have tried 4.0 unlocked and 5.x beta.

When i try to watch a xvid movie in MP nothing happens, the application just locks up and i have to Alt+F4.

EDIT: Forget this, this is caused when viewing multi-cd movies only in the X-face skin for some reason...

olavm

Portal Pro
November 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi, I finally got my radeon 5450 working, but have some issues to bitstream. DD and DTS works ok, but when trying a mkv with DTS-HD, the receiver shows DTS-HD Master audio but the audio stutters and video is extremely slow motion. TrueHD doesn't work at all. This with the SAF 4.0 release. Tried various 5.0 releases, the last one 11.3 works very well on all formats but no subtitles, so that is useless. The 4.3 release works on truehd, but still slow motion on dts-hd.

Anyone else having these problems?

Using win7 and catalyst 10.2 MP 1.1RC1.

I've attached saf logs and graphstudio graph.

anders.malm

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Sollentuna
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Here is screnshot from swedish Windows 7 Home premium

Attachments

• regedit.jpg
    regedit.jpg
    129.2 KB

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Audio sync fixed!

HI,
I thought I would share a solved problem:

On my new Asrock ION 330HT, working as a client with MP 1.1 RC1 and FTR plugin, I experienced audio sync problems with live TV as well as .ts files. The picture would slowly drift behind the sound.
As I could narrow this down to the power DVD decoder (since I only use cyperlink codec for TV), I tried deselecting DXVA.
And Voila, no audio sync problem.

So I guessed the audio sync problem (smooth video, by the way), was caused by post processing of the video.
I changed the following setting in Nvidia Control panel:

3D settings
- administer 3D settings
- Global settings
- Maximum pre processed frames: changed from 3 to 0 (zero). (this cancels any CPU treatment before video reached CPU).

This did it. I now have audio and video synced... :D

De-interlacing of 1080i works fine, by the way, with DXVA set to on.

Cheers,
Jacob

Zapp

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
South-West
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: Audio sync fixed!

HI,
I thought I would share a solved problem:

On my new Asrock ION 330HT, working as a client with MP 1.1 RC1 and FTR plugin, I experienced audio sync problems with live TV as well as .ts files. The picture would slowly drift behind the sound.
As I could narrow this down to the power DVD decoder (since I only use cyperlink codec for TV), I tried desecting DXVA.
And Voila, no audio sync problem.

So I guessed the audio sync problem (smooth video, by the way), was caused by post processing of the video.
I changed the following setting in Nvidia Control panel:

3D settings
- administer 3D settings
- Global settings
- Maximum pre processed frames: changed from 3 to 0 (zero). (this cancels any CPU treatment before video reached CPU).

This did it. I now have audio and video synced... :D

De-interlacing of 1080i works fine, by the way, with DXVA set to on.

Cheers,
Jacob

Great find!

I've changed my settings and installed SAF v4.00 stable again. I'll try it out tonight and get back with info on how it turns out.

/Jonas...

UPDATE: Looks like this cured my problem. Thanks.

cheapskate25

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
Im having a bit of an issue with SAF that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

Im having problems playing some of my bluray rips through MP, with an older version of SAF they play fine (circa beta 19) but with the most recent ones I get the refresh rate change, a black screen then it reverts back to the movie list. If I play any of the offending files through MPC-HC they are fine.

Is there anything obvious that could be causing this, subtitles possibly?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received as it is rather annoying!!!!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Im having a bit of an issue with SAF that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

Im having problems playing some of my bluray rips through MP, with an older version of SAF they play fine (circa beta 19) but with the most recent ones I get the refresh rate change, a black screen then it reverts back to the movie list. If I play any of the offending files through MPC-HC they are fine.

Open your file in Grpahstudio - does it play?

cheapskate25

Portal Member
July 27, 2008

Hmmm no it doesnt, ive always used MPC-HC to check files, graph studio does play other files successfully though.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hmmm no it doesnt, ive always used MPC-HC to check files, graph studio does play other files successfully though.

Use MKV merge to split your video and post small sample.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom