SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yep that sounds somewhat similar to what im experiencing.

What I have found today is that if I try to play one of the offending files in graphstudio (ive narrowed it down to files with the default sound file being DTS-HD) it wont play initially but fdshow appears in my toolbar, if I then try to play it again it plays sucessfully. Its almost as if fdshow takes a little too long to load and because the filter hasnt got an audio decoder it stops playback.

I read some where on this forum (been reading multiple threads the last days...) that haali splitter has problems with DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD, which might explain the problem with mkv files.

I played a blu-ray disc today which had Dolby True HD audiotrack and pcm 5.1, directly in moving pictures 1.0.4
(my first blu-ray played in MP :D)

All went well...

I am now trying to rip to a m2ts file, then we will see.

Hoborg, can you confirm any of this??

Cheers,
Jacob

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hi hobotg!

I have playback issues with some .mkv files! The files are .ts recordings converted with DSmux to .mkv and i know, they are working fine some time ago with any SAF 4.0 RC! With 4.0 final playback starts only with sound and after ~ 1 min playback stops! Playback in Graphstudio is working well with MS DTV-DVD Video Decoder!
Attached are MP-Logs, SAF-Logs, two screenshots of Graphstudio (first MP -> not working playback; second playback in Graphstudio) and MediaInfo! I hope, you can help!

Best regards

Helios

Strange, you Win7 pregered decoders are not se correctly...
Please try SAF 5.0 experimentall...

Yep that sounds somewhat similar to what im experiencing.

What I have found today is that if I try to play one of the offending files in graphstudio (ive narrowed it down to files with the default sound file being DTS-HD) it wont play initially but fdshow appears in my toolbar, if I then try to play it again it plays sucessfully. Its almost as if fdshow takes a little too long to load and because the filter hasnt got an audio decoder it stops playback.

I read some where on this forum (been reading multiple threads the last days...) that haali splitter has problems with DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD, which might explain the problem with mkv files.

I played a blu-ray disc today which had Dolby True HD audiotrack and pcm 5.1, directly in moving pictures 1.0.4
(my first blu-ray played in MP :D)

All went well...

I am now trying to rip to a m2ts file, then we will see.

Hoborg, can you confirm any of this??

Cheers,
Jacob

Try SAF 5.0 experimental, MKV are not splitted by haali any more in the new version.

JACOB B

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hoborg,
What are the downsides to SAF 5.0 - I fear losing the working system I have right now for DVD + live TV.
It's my living room system - the Wife and kids will not be happy if I screw it up :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hoborg,
What are the downsides to SAF 5.0 - I fear losing the working system I have right now for DVD + live TV.
It's my living room system - the Wife and kids will not be happy if I screw it up :)

Only one i known about - subtiles. You need to apply MPC-HC subtitle engine splitters patches if you are using it.

heikoh

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007

Hi Hoborg,

Only one i known about - subtiles. You need to apply MPC-HC subtitle engine splitters patches if you are using it.

Does the setup give an option to "apply MPC-HC subtiltle engine splitters patches" during install like SAF4 does?
Or will I have to apply them manually? If so, could you please give short step by step instructions?

Thanks for your work,

Heiko

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hi Hoborg,

Does the setup give an option to "apply MPC-HC subtiltle engine splitters patches" during install like SAF4 does?
Or will I have to apply them manually? If so, could you please give short step by step instructions?

Thanks for your work,

Heiko

No,this have nothing to do with SAF, search for subtitle engine.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Will we see PDVD 10 codecs in unlocked version of SAF 4 or 5? They are (SD+HD) usable again through directshow / MP.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

oh ok in the german forum are some people who reported that it is working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom