SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    H: im using newst i can find: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

is that not the newst one out??

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Anyone else that has experienced speedup when playing back some movies? So far I've experienced it on 2 movies, one of them is the "flawless" rip of "The Men Who Stare at Goats". It speeds up in Mediaportal, but not with VLC.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    I notice some less of fluidity (not smooth) on speed movements (like live football match) in TV. I use SAF 4 (Cyberlink PWD9), VRM9.

My config: ATI HD3200, CCC 10.3 , VSync On, HDTV 1280x720p 50Hz, Terratec 2400i DT (DVB-T tuner), XP SP3.

Is it a codec issue?

megsum

Portal Member
    March 18, 2009
    Unable to see forced subtitles in DVD rips - any idea why?

Hi,

I'm having problems with forced subtitles n DVD rips. I rip my DVDs to the straight VIDEO_TS folder using DVDFab. On a bog standard installation of MP 1.1.0 RC1 the movie plays perfectly with the forced subtitles showing up as expected. When I install SAF, the subtitles won't show up although it plays perfectly well in all other respects.

SAF is great as it sorts out all other codec issues I've ever had, but I'm confused about this subtitle thing. Subtitles play ok if I turn them on, but then it shows them all, not just the forced ones.

Has anyone else had this problem and sorted it? I'm testing with District 9 by the way.

Cheers,

Adam

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Re: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Thanks for sample. It seems to be problem in MPC AVI splitter - default OS AVI splitter working fine (on XP).
    I cannot test it on Win7, my SSD died - again :(

EDIT:
    Haali AVI splitter working fine too, so SAF 4.00 should play your sample without any problem.

Unfortunately not. SAF didnt play it out of the box. Probably have to check if haali gets used at all. On holidays now and will report back.

BTW: Under XP and SAF it did play indeed, but not with Win7 currently.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

I have a soundproblem.
    MediaPortal RC1 with SAF *unlocked* over HDMI to TV. 99% i hear the sound on TV. Only 2ch but
    if i watch a mkv h264 with AC3 oder DTS i can hear the sounds, the music, the effects but no speech.
    i think i only hear the front left and the front right speaker out of the 5.1 or more channels.
    what can i do to downmix the good sound to 2ch?

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

My guess would be that you have enabled audio pass-through during the SAF install, and your TV can't decode.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

nope. that's not the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom