SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (5 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

nope. that's not the problem.

Hi Schicksal,

Could you check up on what the settings are in windows itself in windows configuration screen? And can you specify what OS version you have. (What is WHS? W-XP/W-7)). Have you set HDMI as default audio out and is it set at 2ch stereo?
Do you have a fresh installed OS? When did you come encounter the problem for the first time, (What did you do to change that?) Do you have the correct drivers of the MoBo/sound-chip installed and have you selected the correct output type of the sound-chip?

There are a lot of questions here still, not a lot to go on. The best help is given when the right (amount) of information is available. :) What do you think the root of the problem might be?

Inside MediaPortal, you have a tab in the Codec section. You can specify the downmix thing there. Otherwise, you can also see FFDshow Audio and see how things are setup there. Should point to 2ch stereo.

Well, Im just fireing questions here. Hope to hear you have found it already.
Good luck.

T-Spark

January 1, 2009
Vilnius
Home Country
I had problems with MKV DTS audio tracks playing in double speed. Solved by replacing the DTS decoder from libavcodec to libdts in ffdshow audio configuration. My setup: Win7, MediaPortal 1.1RC1, SAF 4.0 Stable.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
February 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Ok, i try to answer all the questions.

WHS = Windows Home Server
Yes, i know it is not supported by MePo but here are not a lot but some users with such a machine.
There ist both on my system - TV server and Client. It is running not perfect but it's running and i give it a try.
i'm very new to MePo so it might be a little problem.

Driver:
i'm using the latest driver of the asrock homepage for this motherboard besides the networkdriver. this is the newest i found
for windows server.
i don't think it's a driver problem because i have windows sound, click sounds, xvid-, divx-sound if there is a 2ch MP3.
i would like to use the newest amd/ati driver 10.3 but the CCC is not working on the WHS. The video driver from asrock is
working with CCC....strange.
there is a driver for the soundcard and a sounddriver for hdmi.

connection:
my WHS is connected via HDMI to my stereo TV. that's enough for me for now. only 2ch out of the TV, no AV receiver.

soundoutput:
i chose directsound because if i take realtek hdmi it sounds like every sound comes twice. like stutter or like an echo really near together.
ok, i hear sound and direct sound works well...i think (besides 5.1 or more as AC3 or DTS....)

codecs:
only saf 4.00 stable unlocked and configured like on the first page.

the root of the problem might be:
i think i have to check something with the codecs for sound

i tried:
everything is using ffdshow audio, so i watched insinde ffdshow audio.
it should be ok, no passthrough, mixing on for stereo 2/0/0
but there is no correct downmix. it sounds like the codec take left for left and right for right but the otherchannels are not mixed to left and right.
same with the center where the speech mostly is found. so i hear musik and sounds..car, footsteps, explosion, etc. but no speech or very very very silent.
i tried to customize the mixer and it is a half solution. i can hear the speech but to much bass or everything sounds like coming out of a tincan or it sounds
dirty, noisy, not clear like it should.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Ok, i try to answer all the questions.

WHS = Windows Home Server
Yes, i know it is not supported by MePo but here are not a lot but some users with such a machine.
There ist both on my system - TV server and Client. It is running not perfect but it's running and i give it a try.
i'm very new to MePo so it might be a little problem.
I have no information or experience with home server. But I doubt this is the cause of the problem. Good to know anyways.

Driver:
i'm using the latest driver of the asrock homepage for this motherboard besides the networkdriver. this is the newest i found
for windows server.
i don't think it's a driver problem because i have windows sound, click sounds, xvid-, divx-sound if there is a 2ch MP3.
i would like to use the newest amd/ati driver 10.3 but the CCC is not working on the WHS. The video driver from asrock is
working with CCC....strange.
there is a driver for the soundcard and a sounddriver for hdmi.
Should be ok here too.

connection:
my WHS is connected via HDMI to my stereo TV. that's enough for me for now. only 2ch out of the TV, no AV receiver.

soundoutput:
i chose directsound because if i take realtek hdmi it sounds like every sound comes twice. like stutter or like an echo really near together.
ok, i hear sound and direct sound works well...i think (besides 5.1 or more as AC3 or DTS....)
Default directsound should be ok. This is in MePo itself. In windows; Have you configured in windows configuration > sound. the correct speaker setup? And do you find any settings in the realtec audio setup/config which says "swap/switch channels x x x"?

codecs:
only saf 4.00 stable unlocked and configured like on the first page.

the root of the problem might be:
i think i have to check something with the codecs for sound
You could try T-Spark's suggestion . If it doesnt work you can switch back again. See ffdshow audio > codec tab.

i tried:
everything is using ffdshow audio, so i watched insinde ffdshow audio.
it should be ok, no passthrough, mixing on for stereo 2/0/0
but there is no correct downmix. it sounds like the codec take left for left and right for right but the otherchannels are not mixed to left and right.
same with the center where the speech mostly is found. so i hear musik and sounds..car, footsteps, explosion, etc. but no speech or very very very silent.
i tried to customize the mixer and it is a half solution. i can hear the speech but to much bass or everything sounds like coming out of a tincan or it sounds
dirty, noisy, not clear like it should.
Just to be sure, have you ticked the [mixer] box in ffdshow? If it is unticked, the settings arent activated.
And in the 'output' tab, passthrough dts and ac3 are unticked right?
In MePo config > codecs .... > have you set ffdshow as MPEG/AC3 decoder and AAC decoder? Have you tried others which are availeble?
Did you notice a sub folder in that codecs ... section called AAC Audio decoder settings. Is that correct over there?

To see if it is a MePo problem only, you could try to play your mediafile in MPC-HC. You can find this in START > SAF 4.0 programm folder . If it runs ok there and have no sound issue, it is likely a mepo settings issue.

again, goodluck :)

Schicksal

Portal Pro
February 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Default directsound should be ok. This is in MePo itself. In windows; Have you configured in windows configuration > sound. the correct speaker setup? And do you find any settings in the realtec audio setup/config which says "swap/switch channels x x x"?

there is only the realtek menu (little icon near the clock)
there i can configure how many speakers are connected.
it's configured for 2ch. but i can't hear the testsound for those 2 speakers.
in the same window is 1x spdif and 1x hdmi. spdif got a button for some
settings but hdmi is nothing. i don't know if it has to look different or a button has to pop up... there is nothing but i have sound. hmmmm

You could try T-Spark's suggestion . If it doesnt work you can switch back again. See ffdshow audio > codec tab.

already tried, no change to the sound

Just to be sure, have you ticked the [mixer] box in ffdshow? If it is unticked, the settings arent activated.
And in the 'output' tab, passthrough dts and ac3 are unticked right?

right.

In MePo config > codecs .... > have you set ffdshow as MPEG/AC3 decoder and AAC decoder? Have you tried others which are availeble?
Did you notice a sub folder in that codecs ... section called AAC Audio decoder settings. Is that correct over there?

jepp, tried ffdshow , Monogram AAC and MPC-Realtek
the subfolder is only for the Monogramm AAC...i think but the settings are 2ch just in case...

To see if it is a MePo problem only, you could try to play your mediafile in MPC-HC. You can find this in START > SAF 4.0 programm folder . If it runs ok there and have no sound issue, it is likely a mepo settings issue.

hmmm, i have no picture in MPC-HC (.mkv with h.264, sound: DTS)
the sound is the same like in MePo. :(

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Schicksal

Man... Not even mpc-hc is giving you correct audio? This suggests a bigger problem, because in general, things are working great in mpc.
Maybe you could try to go to the realtek site and download the latest drivers of the audio chip. see link below.

Realtek

Hope this works for you, because I am running out of ideas now :( sorry.

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
hey guys.

Does Saf 4.0 allow for resizing of video files using ffdshow?

tried to setup resizing an Xvid and divx file to 1280x720 like i used to on my old PC and it doesnt seem to work anymore. I know FFdshow is being used as the OSD shows up on the videos but the output stays the same as the input ( as per the OSD details )

Also OSd doesnt seem to show with some Xvid or Divx films.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
February 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Schicksal

Man... Not even mpc-hc is giving you correct audio? This suggests a bigger problem, because in general, things are working great in mpc.
Maybe you could try to go to the realtek site and download the latest drivers of the audio chip. see link below.

Realtek

Hope this works for you, because I am running out of ideas now :( sorry.

i downloaded the newest driver but no change :(

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
hey guys.

tried to setup resizing an Xvid and divx file to 1280x720 like i used to on my old PC and it doesnt seem to work anymore. I know FFdshow is being used as the OSD shows up on the videos but the output stays the same as the input ( as per the OSD details )

Use SAF 5.0, resizing is enabled by default here.
I think there was/is some problem in MePo if resizing is enabled.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey guys.

There is an issue with the ffdshow version compiled with the SAF 4.00. I had the same issue & overwrote the *.ax file with one I knew upscaled & it worked. I had a post around somewhere stating what version I was using & also my profile registry settings for upscaling. Just search under my handle if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom