SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (9 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just wanted to point out that I found a memory leak in the MPCVideoDec DirectShow filter. I switched to the PowerDVD 8 H.264/AVC/VC1 decoder and played and stopped several 1080p H.264 videos. With the PowerDVD 8 decoder, memory is freed up as it should be and there is no apparent leak. With MPCVideoDec, there is a very clear memory leak.

Here are my results. The graph on the left is with the PowerDVD 8 decoder and the graph on the right is with the MPCVideoDec decoder. This is with hardware acceleration, on Vista, with EVR.

attachment.php

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Ronald2oo2,

"Subtitles arent shown in the menu anymore." Where do you mean? I think you mean from within MP and not configuration.
    Do you have subtitles enabled in configuration.exe > video > Subtitles tab. ?

Im using SAF 3.40 and have the latest SVN (10-2-2009 - V21688) as well. I have no problems with subtitles. So it should work with you as well.

Thanks. Apparently I missed this setting after the fresh install of MP 1.0. Subtitels are now working again!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @Hoborg

Why do you check if MP SVN 21527 is installed.
    Is it impossible to use it for MP1 without SVN...

I dont want SVN, I only use Stable releases, and I realy love your codec pack
    Is it possible that you could remove the check?

Rgs.
    Providers

Hi.
    Use SAF 3.30
    In new MP SVN, there was a critical update, and SAF needs to be updated too.
    It is not possible to use SAF 3.40+ with MP1.0 without SVN.

I just wanted to point out that I found a memory leak in the MPCVideoDec DirectShow filter. I switched to the PowerDVD 8 H.264/AVC/VC1 decoder and played and stopped several 1080p H.264 videos. With the PowerDVD 8 decoder, memory is freed up as it should be and there is no apparent leak. With MPCVideoDec, there is a very clear memory leak.

Here are my results. The graph on the left is with the PowerDVD 8 decoder and the graph on the right is with the MPCVideoDec decoder. This is with hardware acceleration, on Vista, with EVR.

attachment.php

Report this to MPC-HC team. I really cannot do anything with this.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

attachment.php

Report this to MPC-HC team. I really cannot do anything with this.

I already did and I just wanted to let people here know that eventually MediaPortal might start to be unable to play videos when memory usage reaches very high.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, i have 2GB RAM and turned off swapfile and i newer have memory issue...

Are you running with hardware acceleration and MPCVideoDec for H.264 videos? Try playing and stopping a movie and then moving on to the next one. Do that 12-15 times and monitor your private bytes usage for MediaPortal. I only have this problem with hardware acceleration, on an ATI 3470 GPU.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Well, i have 2GB RAM and turned off swapfile and i newer have memory issue...

Are you running with hardware acceleration and MPCVideoDec for H.264 videos? Try playing and stopping a movie and then moving on to the next one. Do that 12-15 times and monitor your private bytes usage for MediaPortal. I only have this problem with hardware acceleration, on an ATI 3470 GPU.

Yes. But i am on XP, can be some Vista issue...

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

attachment.php

what is this nice proppeties thing you are yousing here on the images??
    link please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom