SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

jazbo8

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
China China
Need some help with .ts audio playback

I searched this forum and could not find a solution to my problem (or missed it somehow...) I followed the instruction and install SAF filters (with PDVD8 filter), setup MP per the screen shots (except for DirectShow with audio output set to SPDIF). Renamed .ts to .mkv, and fire'd up MP. The video is ok, but I got no audio at all. I have three audio tracks - DD5.1, DTS and Dobly Stereo, none of them work. Playing plain old .avi files work just fine, so I am stuck... Any suggestion what I should be looking at to get this problem solved?

Before I installed MP SVN 01-23-2009, and SAF, I was running plain MP 1.0, and I had audio but it stutter (wish I note down the audio filter it was using:confused:, perhaps AC3 Filter?) I don't have a sound card, just using the onboard HD sound chip with SPDIF connection, running XP SP3. Motherboard is Asus M2N.

Thanks,
Jaz

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I searched this forum and could not find a solution to my problem (or missed it somehow...) I followed the instruction and install SAF filters (with PDVD8 filter), setup MP per the screen shots (except for DirectShow with audio output set to SPDIF). Renamed .ts to .mkv, and fire'd up MP. The video is ok, but I got no audio at all. I have three audio tracks - DD5.1, DTS and Dobly Stereo, none of them work. Playing plain old .avi files work just fine, so I am stuck... Any suggestion what I should be looking at to get this problem solved?

Before I installed MP SVN 01-23-2009, and SAF, I was running plain MP 1.0, and I had audio but it stutter (wish I note down the audio filter it was using:confused:, perhaps AC3 Filter?) I don't have a sound card, just using the onboard HD sound chip with SPDIF connection, running XP SP3. Motherboard is Asus M2N.

Thanks,
Jaz

Hi to China!

First of all, try to connect graphstudio and check your graph.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I just wanted to point out that I found a memory leak in the MPCVideoDec DirectShow filter. I switched to the PowerDVD 8 H.264/AVC/VC1 decoder and played and stopped several 1080p H.264 videos. With the PowerDVD 8 decoder, memory is freed up as it should be and there is no apparent leak. With MPCVideoDec, there is a very clear memory leak.

Here are my results. The graph on the left is with the PowerDVD 8 decoder and the graph on the right is with the MPCVideoDec decoder. This is with hardware acceleration, on Vista, with EVR.

attachment.php

Try to post it in official MPC-HC thread: Media Player Classic Home Cinema - DXVA! - Doom9's Forum

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    weeee nice, thanks :)

Thanks,
    Jaz

Do you have sound on other formats?
    Mkv, DVD, AviS??

try use:
    How can i know what filters are in use in MP?
    Use Graphstudio - RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio
    Start MP in window mode.
    Start GraphStudio and File->Connect to remote graph and click connect (should be working on Vista too)

i have asus motherboard (P5Q-EM), onborard sound, and video.
    i use s/pdif (hdmi) and ONLY SAF 3.41, i have true 5.1 and DTS sound on all movies,files that have the sound tracks :)

By the way i just have: ASUS its the last time ever i use it..
    Nothing but problems.. Go whit Gigabyte next time :)

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    I rolled back my HTPC to XP SP3 from Vista Ultimate.

I installed Media Portal/SAF for the first time, and now I have a few questions. What I installed was Media Portal 1.0 (final release, not the latest SVN) and SAF 3.30. I am using the latest CLVsd.ax file too.

I'm not sure if everything has been installed properly. Though this is the first time I've been able to smoothly play 1080p MKV files, so I'm very happy about that. Still using about 60-70% CPU on average but at least they're playing. It would seem that I am missing the audio codecs as I get a message when I try to play the MKV files that it can't play the audio stream (think it's a DTS stream or something like that).

Also, TV tends to stutter quite a bit.

These are my screenshots, and they seem different to what is on the guide on the first page, thoughts?
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 18290184xj4.png
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 99049262tg1.png
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 62209277nz7.png
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 93485540tq3.png

Thanks

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just wanted to point out that I found a memory leak in the MPCVideoDec DirectShow filter. I switched to the PowerDVD 8 H.264/AVC/VC1 decoder and played and stopped several 1080p H.264 videos. With the PowerDVD 8 decoder, memory is freed up as it should be and there is no apparent leak. With MPCVideoDec, there is a very clear memory leak.

Here are my results. The graph on the left is with the PowerDVD 8 decoder and the graph on the right is with the MPCVideoDec decoder. This is with hardware acceleration, on Vista, with EVR.

attachment.php

Try to post it in official MPC-HC thread: Media Player Classic Home Cinema - DXVA! - Doom9's Forum

Thanks did that. Hopefully it gets the attention of the devs and they can fix it.

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not sure if everything has been installed properly. Though this is the first time I've been able to smoothly play 1080p MKV files, so I'm very happy about that. Still using about 60-70% CPU on average but at least they're playing. It would seem that I am missing the audio codecs as I get a message when I try to play the MKV files that it can't play the audio stream (think it's a DTS stream or something like that).

Also, TV tends to stutter quite a bit.

That cpu usage sounds high. When I'm using DXVA on my p4 3ghz I get about 5% cpu usage with a 1080p mkv file. Hmm..

jazbo8

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    China China
    I made a little progress today - by switching the audio output rendering device to SoundMax HD instead of the Default DirectSound, I now can get audio. AVIs and MKVs play just fine. But with H.264 1080p material, it is not.

The audio quality is very poor - 1) with AC3Filter (I know it is not a part of the SAF, but for S/PDIF, it is pretty good), the sound is out of sync and stutters; 2) with MPA Decoder, it drops out regularly so basically un-listenable. Since I have a old video card that does not support H.264 hardware decoding, my CPU usage is very high, could that have something to do with the stuttering and drop outs? For some reason, the AC3Filter is working better than the MPA Decoder in my present rig, does that provide any clue? Your comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Jaz

p.s. where are the graphedit screenshots stored? Can't seem to locate them after searching my hard drive...

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    That cpu usage sounds high. When I'm using DXVA on my p4 3ghz I get about 5% cpu usage with a 1080p mkv file. Hmm..

Interesting. Well this is a fresh XP SP3 install and I'm running an AMD 5200+ and my board has an integrated ATI 3200HD. I installed the Catalyst 8.5 drivers as suggested..

Appreciate ideas on what I might have done wrong but in any case I'm happy that 1080p MKV's are actually running now.

Though as I said the main issue at the moment is that I'm not sure what audio codecs to install as per my post (few above). Palleeese heulp! Bigggg badda boom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom