SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

kavven

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Interesting. Well this is a fresh XP SP3 install and I'm running an AMD 5200+ and my board has an integrated ATI 3200HD. I installed the Catalyst 8.5 drivers as suggested..

Hi,

I've got the same chipset and a similiar processor.
I'm using Catalyst 8.12 and have verified DXVA working with this driver (not working with 9.1 though).
Am I going to get problems with SAF and DXVA with 8.12?

// D

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
That cpu usage sounds high. When I'm using DXVA on my p4 3ghz I get about 5% cpu usage with a 1080p mkv file. Hmm..

Interesting. Well this is a fresh XP SP3 install and I'm running an AMD 5200+ and my board has an integrated ATI 3200HD. I installed the Catalyst 8.5 drivers as suggested..

Appreciate ideas on what I might have done wrong but in any case I'm happy that 1080p MKV's are actually running now.

Though as I said the main issue at the moment is that I'm not sure what audio codecs to install as per my post (few above). Palleeese heulp! Bigggg badda boom.

If you have hight CPU usage, your MKV can be wrongly made (no DXVA compatible). Please post example.

Brungle

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
The install does not detect my mediaportal installation correctly, is there a config file I can tweak to resolve this?

thanks

image attached.

Attachments

• BADTIMES.jpg
    BADTIMES.jpg
    25.8 KB

jo16v

Portal Pro
August 23, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That cpu usage sounds high. When I'm using DXVA on my p4 3ghz I get about 5% cpu usage with a 1080p mkv file. Hmm..

Hoborg should stop giving out this advice about 8.5- it is way too old and for 3200HD only 8.12 fixes the 2D browser lag problem. I advise you download 8.12 and use the ATi removal tool in Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs- restart then install.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I made a little progress today - by switching the audio output rendering device to SoundMax HD instead of the Default DirectSound, I now can get audio. AVIs and MKVs play just fine. But with H.264 1080p material, it is not.

The audio quality is very poor - 1) with AC3Filter (I know it is not a part of the SAF, but for S/PDIF, it is pretty good), the sound is out of sync and stutters; 2) with MPA Decoder, it drops out regularly so basically un-listenable. Since I have a old video card that does not support H.264 hardware decoding, my CPU usage is very high, could that have something to do with the stuttering and drop outs? For some reason, the AC3Filter is working better than the MPA Decoder in my present rig, does that provide any clue? Your comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Jaz

p.s. where are the graphedit screenshots stored? Can't seem to locate them after searching my hard drive...

where are the graphedit screenshots stored? in your mouse :)
    paste to Adobe or Paintshop..

Dude did you read my post....
    I recomend you to unistall evry last codex and filter
    install only SAF newst.. use the MPA Decoder, and set "direct show filter control to s/pdif" (in MP config)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Installing HD4800 on Catalyst 8.5

Hello all,

I'm sure there is a way to install my HD4830 card with Catalyst 8.5 drivers to enable DXVA acceleration, but couldnt find it :oops: . OS is WinXP by the way.

Can anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom