SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (14 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

siege

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Serious subtitles problem

I would first like to thank Hoborg for the time and effort spent on this pack.

I am getting very bad frame rates and jittery audio playback which is totally out of sync once I enable Subtitles under Video/Subtitles or add DirectVobSub under Video post processing. There are no subtitles being displayed after I install SAF 3.41, so I guess I would have to manually enable Subtitles in order for them to work.

Heres the graphedit screenshot,
outofsyncav5.jpg

subtitlesfiltercl1.jpg
[

Audio/Video playback works perfectly if Subtitles are not enabled.

DVXA is working with no subtitles loaded (CPU usage <10%) and CPU usage hovers around ~50% when I enable subtitles. This should be quite normal from what I have gathered so far in this thread.

Settings selected during SAF 3.41 installation are as follows,

1) MKV Subtitles enabled (Option selected - Full HD)
2) DXVA Enabled (ATi 3200)

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 5000X2
Motherboard: Asus M3A78 PRO w/ HDMI
GPU: ATi Radeon 3200
Video Driver: ATi Catalyst 8.5
Other settings: AMD C'n'Q disabled in BIOS, 512MB Shared memory assigned to GPU

I have tried Mediaportal 1.0 w/ SAF 3.3, Mediaportal 1.0 w/ latest SVN + SAF 3.4/3.41 but I get the same problem.

All settings under Mediaportal are configured as per Hoborg's instruction's in the first page of this thread.

Someone please shed some light on these issues, its driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance.

jo16v

Portal Pro
August 23, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I am getting very bad frame rates and jittery audio playback which is totally out of sync once I enable Subtitles under Video/Subtitles or add DirectVobSub under Video post processing. There are no subtitles being displayed after I install SAF 3.41, so I guess I would have to manually enable Subtitles in order for them to work.
I don't think you need DirectVobSub anymore- you can get DXVA with subtitles- see this thread.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
I didn't see any problem on your screenshots...

I am missing the "MPEG / AC3 Audio Decoder" option.

When I try to play any MKV I get this message:
"MKX
A decoder for the new track could not be found.
Track type: SRT/UTF-8"

This error have something to do with subtitles. Please, post video example.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
I didn't see any problem on your screenshots...

I am missing the "MPEG / AC3 Audio Decoder" option.

When I try to play any MKV I get this message:
"MKX
A decoder for the new track could not be found.
Track type: SRT/UTF-8"

See this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ated-certain-mkv-files-utf-8-subtitles-44904/. I have posted a patch in that thread for 1.0.

I never have this pop up problem - can anybody post video example with this pop up?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I don't think you need DirectVobSub anymore- you can get DXVA with subtitles- see this thread.

I can tell you that this integration in MPC is heaven! Even zoom in on 21:9 movies with subtitles works like a charm.
    DXVA makes your processors lazy at +/-10% on 1080p.

I still use SAF, which is great, but now i've found a few minor issues.

1) The newer version of PowerDVD8 which is mentioned on the pinned post is doing de-interlacing while the previous one did not. I prefer to have de-interlacing off.
    2) I need AC3filter for encoding audio from wmv-hd to 5.1 via spdif. So i install AC3filter after SAF (other way round is not allowed in SAF) After that i set audio decoding to AC3filter and in postprocessing i add AC3filter. Is it possible to do this with SAF?

the_ult

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi hoborg!

I have problems installing SAF 3.40.
    I have a fresh Windows XP SP3 install (Hungarian) and installed Haali splitter and Mediaportal 1.0 final, but I get two errors when trying to install SAF 3.40.
    The first says I have not installed MediaPortal, the second says, that I have not installed PowerDVD flter (but I did it).
    Then I tried SAF 3.30 and installed without any error.
    After that I tried to upgrade to v3.40, but the "MediaPortal not installed" error still comes up.

Can You help me?

Hi. To use SAF 3.40 you need to install MP1.0 + latest SVN.

second is not error - are you sure you place "CLVsd.ax" ony your C:\ root?

Why isn't it possible to use SAF > 3.40 without MediaPortal? Are there some MP resources that SAF uses or?
    Would be cool if you could use SAF without MediaPortal. I think a lot of people would love this great filter package even if they don't use MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom