SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello.
I'm having a problem with Naruto Shippuuden episodes.
I'm under Windows XP SP3.
MediaPortal 1.0.1
SAF v.3.47
No use DXVA.

This is what appears in MediaPortal:

439828da48.jpg

And i can play in MPC-HC:

1196804e8e.jpg

What is the problem?

cheapskate25

Portal Member
July 27, 2008
I got my ATI 4550 in the post today so I have had a play around with SAF today and im really chuffed with what ive achieved. Ive been playing around with getting HD audio from Blu ray rips (uncompressed PCM and TrueHD) this week and ive finally got a setup which im happy with.

I havent used Haali as it wont deal with either of the formats but uninstalling it and using MPC-HC's own splitter now means I get 5.1 PCM from my graphics card to my amp and all through MP rather than installing an external player.

Still times when I get sound but no picture but I think I can live with that and getting the GPU to do the decoding is a struggle but its definately useable.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Just a brainstorm here; all the talk about DXVA, is it really that important if i have a powerful cpu? I got a Intel C2D E8400 (2x3GHz), and it's cooled down to 40-55°C, meanwhile my GPU (HD3650) has a passive cooling solution and passes 70°C easily.

So, in my case it might be better to disable DXVA? It doesn't increase the video quality, does it?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a brainstorm here; all the talk about DXVA, is it really that important if i have a powerful cpu? I got a Intel C2D E8400 (2x3GHz), and it's cooled down to 40-55°C, meanwhile my GPU (HD3650) has a passive cooling solution and passes 70°C easily.

So, in my case it might be better to disable DXVA? It doesn't increase the video quality, does it?

some of us rely on DXVA in order to watch HD material, i have a pants celly processor which is years old and a cheap motherboard which does the job nothing fancy, but my 4350 was carefully researched and bought, reason being i didnt need a massively powered system in order to play HD @ 1080p to my plasma, DXVA does its job it doesnt stutter and images are crisp, and therefore i have a capable HTPC which doesnt require alot of power to run, so even with a low end cpu you can watch the latest titles.

although your gfx temp seems kinda high, DXVA just makes video decoding more efficient which means you dont need up to date quad core cpu's, sucking massive power to run in order to watch HD titles

i think that makes sense...correct me if im wrong

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello.
    I'm having a problem with Naruto Shippuuden episodes.
    I'm under Windows XP SP3.
    MediaPortal 1.0.1
    SAF v.3.47
    No use DXVA.

This is what appears in MediaPortal:

439828da48.jpg

And i can play in MPC-HC:

1196804e8e.jpg

What is the problem?

Post small video example to test please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom