SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (5 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

hi hoborg,

i have an asrock ion 330 htpc and i'm not sure if the GPU has the capability of Vector Adaptive deinterlacing. is this a aproblem when i use ffdshow for mpeg-2? thanks for your help!

It is nVidia, then it should be OK.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

hi hoborg,

i have an asrock ion 330 htpc and i'm not sure if the GPU has the capability of Vector Adaptive deinterlacing. is this a aproblem when i use ffdshow for mpeg-2? thanks for your help!

The ION chipset has hardware de-interlacing capability, probably either motion adaptive or pixel adaptive (=ATI vector adaptive), but the nVidia control panel doesn't let you choose the mode like ATI does.

Check out the DXVA capabilities of your system with DXVA Checker.

When you run it, the 'Decoder Device' tab lists the DXVA decode capabilities, the 'Processor Device' tab lists the hardware deinterlacing capabilties.

Tony

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

I didnt think so, becouse it looks like your sample (maybe original DVD too) is broken. As i wrote, if you mux VOB to MKV, there is ugly glitch in exact time where VOB freeze = bug in MPEG-2 stream.

EDIT:
    If you run your sample as DVD, it will freeze, if you run "VTS_01_1.VOB" from ISO, it will be working = there is something wrong with DVD structure...

EDIT2:
    I remuxed your sample in Womble and now all is working without any problem. So your sample is simply damaged somehow.

vect

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Mainz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm using saf400beta23test2 (locked, i hope this doesn't matter) together with mp 1.1 (x-factor) and having the problem, that in my f9 menu of tvseries and movingpictures as well there is no Subtitle Option. I stored the srt file in the same folder as the movie file, but i't didn't work, still got no subtitle option. I didn't tired a mkv file yet. In mp config i've chosen MPC-HC in the subtitle categorie. and already tried reinstalling the codec.

I don't think it is a codec issue, because it works fine with MPC and manually loading the subtitle file, but maybe someone can help me. I already posted my problem in tvseries forum, but they say, it's a codec issue. Maybe i just missunderstood something.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

I'm using saf400beta23test2 (locked, i hope this doesn't matter) together with mp 1.1 (x-factor) and having the problem, that in my f9 menu of tvseries and movingpictures as well there is no Subtitle Option. I stored the srt file in the same folder as the movie file, but i't didn't work, still got no subtitle option. I didn't tired a mkv file yet. In mp config i've chosen MPC-HC in the subtitle categorie. and already tried reinstalling the codec.

I don't think it is a codec issue, because it works fine with MPC and manually loading the subtitle file, but maybe someone can help me. I already posted my problem in tvseries forum, but they say, it's a codec issue. Maybe i just missunderstood something.

Best you can do is mux subtitles in to MKV, Just run MKV merge, drag and drop video and subtitles, tag them by language tag and mux to MKV.

If you want to keep AVI format, make sure your subtitles have same name as video - for example "matrix.avi" and "matrix.srt".

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

I didnt think so, becouse it looks like your sample (maybe original DVD too) is broken. As i wrote, if you mux VOB to MKV, there is ugly glitch in exact time where VOB freeze = bug in MPEG-2 stream.

EDIT:
    If you run your sample as DVD, it will freeze, if you run "VTS_01_1.VOB" from ISO, it will be working = there is something wrong with DVD structure...

EDIT2:
    I remuxed your sample in Womble and now all is working without any problem. So your sample is simply damaged somehow.

Original DVD freezes on same location, so the problem is probably there too. Will try Womble after work. I find this strange as I've seen this problem on one or two other DVDs as well. Is " Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0" the program I must use?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Original DVD freezes on same location, so the problem is probably there too. Will try Womble after work. I find this strange as I've seen this problem on one or two other DVDs as well. Is " Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0" the program I must use?

Womble is MPEG-2 editing and DVD authoring software (30days trial). But it will not fix DVD bug without loosing original navigation, etc. If you do not care about navigation, rip your DVD to disk in folder structure, merge VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc in to one *.VOB file, open in Womble and save as MPG (to fix possible problems). It will do it without recompresion.

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

How do I merge all VOB to one *.VOB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom