SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

That means DXVA was not working.
Becouse if yes, your CPU usage will be ~10% max.

Of course, but don't overlook that the Cyberlink decoders are unable to play the Pirates of the Caribbean clip in SW or DXVA mode, so maybe there's other videos they can't play also.

I alwas sad to use MPC video decodet for local h.264 and Cyberlink one only for TV...

Yes I know. The point I'm trying to make is that on some systems, with good CPU but not great DXVA GPU (like my X3 720/HD3200) the DivX decoder seems to be a better option than MPC, as it allows the user to play more files.

On a low powered CPU with a DXVA GPU (like my P4/HD2600XT), the MPC decoder is still the better option as, although the DXVA isn't any better than the HD3200, it still helps to play some files that the CPU can't handle alone and there's not enough CPU power to play the complicated files with DivX anyway.

So I'm just suggesting that you might want to consider including the DivX decoder in SAF. It's easy enough to install it seperately, but it's always nice to have everything in one package :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Yes I know. The point I'm trying to make is that on some systems, with good CPU but not great DXVA GPU (like my X3 720/HD3200) the DivX decoder seems to be a better option than MPC, as it allows the user to play more files.

No way, i had 3200 before and it was capable to play h.264, VC-1 nad MPEG-2 by using DXVA perfectly, no problems at all. Only possible problem was missing VA deinterlacing if you had older CPU.
Give me one h.264 sample that MPC video decoder would not play...
DivX h.264 decoder is SW only, there are no reason to add another, there are already 4 of them in SAF - Cyberlink (DXVA/SW), MPC (DXVA/SW), FFDshow (SW, single/multi core) and FFDShow DXVA (DXVA, but hidden).

BTW, if you play h.264 video in MPC-HC player (installed by SAF), did you get DXVA logo in player?

@ALL
ATI 5450 is near - ideal for HTPC?
60223_6d7abf4662.jpg

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

@ Hoborg,

I have a quicky question; I have a bd dvdrip from robbie williams. 10BG of 1080p and dts in a collection of ts files (.ts, .ts.part1+part2, .ts.part3+part4, etc.).
When I play it, nothing happens in MP. In mpchc I see a torn image but it is playable. In MP it is just black. Should I rename the only .ts file to .m2ts to get it working? (and add the extention in MP ofcourse).
If it is not so simple, I might be able to create a sample or give other information you need.
Thanks in advance Hoborg. :)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country

No way, i had 3200 before and it was capable to play h.264, VC-1 nad MPEG-2 by using DXVA perfectly, no problems at all. Only possible problem was missing VA deinterlacing if you had older CPU.
DivX h.264 decoder is SW only, there are no reason to add another, there are already 4 of them in SAF - Cyberlink (DXVA/SW), MPC (DXVA/SW), FFDshow (SW, single/multi core) and FFDShow DXVA (DXVA, but hidden).

BTW, if you play h.264 video in MPC-HC player (installed by SAF), did you get DXVA logo in player?

I already mentioned three clips that MPC doesn't use DXVA for, Pirates of the Caribbean and Quantam of Solace which play OK in SW mode with high CPU and Planet Earth - Pole to Pole, which MPC can't play properly but DivX can. There does seem to be a limit of about 9m (calculated by height*width*ref frames) at which DXVA stops, on the HD3200 and 2600XT at least. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/index448.html#post561166

No DXVA logo in MPC but when I play I am Legend trailer, it says Playing (DXVA) in bottom left. Doesn't show DXVA for the three clips mentioned above.

Maybe FFDShow DXVA will be a better option than DivX. I'll have to test it when it's ready.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

@ Hoborg,

I have a quicky question; I have a bd dvdrip from robbie williams. 10BG of 1080p and dts in a collection of ts files (.ts, .ts.part1+part2, .ts.part3+part4, etc.).
When I play it, nothing happens in MP. In mpchc I see a torn image but it is playable. In MP it is just black. Should I rename the only .ts file to .m2ts to get it working? (and add the extention in MP ofcourse).
If it is not so simple, I might be able to create a sample or give other information you need.
Thanks in advance Hoborg. :)

Use SAF dsmux tool to mux TS to MKV. Then it should works :)

I already mentioned three clips that MPC doesn't use DXVA for, Pirates of the Caribbean and Quantam of Solace which play OK in SW mode with high CPU and Planet Earth - Pole to Pole, which MPC can't play properly but DivX can. There does seem to be a limit of about 9m (calculated by height*width*ref frames) at which DXVA stops, on the HD3200 and 2600XT at least. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/index448.html#post561166

No DXVA logo in MPC but when I play I am Legend trailer, it says Playing (DXVA) in bottom left. Doesn't show DXVA for the three clips mentioned above.

Maybe FFDShow DXVA will be a better option than DivX. I'll have to test it when it's ready.

ATI (at last 4xxx series) have limit hor h.264 in level 5.1 and 5ref. frames. If your video is 5.1 and have 6 or more ref. frames, it is not DXVA compatible for ATI.

FFDShow DXVA decoder is based on HPC decoder source, so it should works the same.

fortuna

Portal Member
October 27, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

hi hoborg and all

i installed latest SAF and set it up as described on the first page on my Win7 32bit Asrock ION machine. i have problems with some avi files (ntsc content). when i play them in MP (with refreshrate 59Hz) the video stutters from time to time. it is watchable but it is clearly noticable. when i exit MP and play the file with the windows media player everything is very smooth. i did not change any settings in ffdshow. i also changed the container to mkv without anby luck. thanks for any help!

p.s. Pal and 24p material plays fine in MP.

If your video play fine outside Media Portal, then it is MP problem... Did you tryed MP refresh changer?

by the way, disabling aero solved the problem for my ntsc problems. but it isn't really a solution because now i have the famous tearing with 24p material. would have been too easy...

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country

ATI (at last 4xxx series) have limit hor h.264 in level 5.1 and 5ref. frames. If your video is 5.1 and have 6 or more ref. frames, it is not DXVA compatible for ATI.

FFDShow DXVA decoder is based on HPC decoder source, so it should works the same.

It's not quite that simple. I've got a 5.1 with 8 Frames (AC3 6CH 48000hz - Deja Vu 2006.mkv) that plays using DXVA on my 2600XT and HD3200. Because it's only 1280*528 *8 = 5,406,720 which is under 9m which seems to be the limit it works OK.

Still, the point is for some files and with some GPUs, DivX works better than MPC.

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country

Morning all. I've got an mkv or two which have broken playback (looks like a corrupt file, same in MPC-HC and WMP), there's a few points in the movie where it just locks up, but if I take note of the run time and skip past it, it continues fine. What is the best software (preferably open source, or free), to repair the mkv without encoding it into another format?

Also, Hoborg since I got my 5750, I notice on my receiver that when I'm skipping through the menu's in MediaPortal my receiver flickers from Stereo to PCM but I don't hear those sounds (must be too short and too quick an audio change for it to process it). No problems with anything else, so it's only minor. I was just wondering if I should be changing sampling rates etc if that might be where the problem is? The GPU and receiver support up to DTS-HD MA and TrueHD etc..

=)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Hi hoborg!

I have ripped some Blu-Rays into .mkv Format! Is it possible to playback the PGS Subtitles?

Text #2
    ID : 6
    Format : PGS
    Codec-ID : S_HDMV/PGS
    Codec-ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
    Sprache : Deutsch

Best regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom