SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
What goes wrong?

If i am remember correctly CoreAVC have some troubles in MePo...
BTW, why you didnt use FFDShow DXVA decoder instead of CUDA?

Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for you work. I am trying to get SAF 4.00 stable working on my system.
I have two small issues:
1). my m4v videos will not play. Attached is an extract from the Mediaportal log file.
The files do play in GraphStudio but not in MP or MPC.
If I rename the files to be mp4 or mkv files then they will play in MP and GraphStudio but not in MPC.

Did you tryed SAF5? Can you send me such video sample to test?

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    H
    2). My HD TV channels continue to get mild tearing. I have CCC 9.2 installed and have set the vertical refresh as always on.

Is AERO disabled?

Thanks tourettes,

I missed that in this huge thread. I enabled it, rebooted and the tearing appears to be resloved.
    I really need to be able to see it when watching somthing like football to really tell. I will followup if it re-occurs.

:D

Hoborg,

I am running version 1.02 so I cannot try version 5
    "you need at last MP 1.1 RC2"

Any other suggestion. I really don't want to change MP until 1.1 if possible.

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hiya,

I haven't read all 538 pages, so forgive me if this has already been answered in the noobish language I need...

During installation of SAF, I selected "NO" to the question about 'passthrough' - AC3 passthrough was it?

Basically, I didn't understand what it was on about, so i figured 'NO' was the safe option.
    I have a tuner card (is that whats meant by receiver)
    I have an external sound system - but i'm pretty sure that's not what the 'external' comments were about.
    I use MP for watching / recording / playing live HD (and non-HD) TV.
    I'm using Cyberlink codecs

Can anyone explain in very simple terms, wether i'm supposed to enable passthrough or not?

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hiya,

I haven't read all 538 pages, so forgive me if this has already been answered in the noobish language I need...

During installation of SAF, I selected "NO" to the question about 'passthrough' - AC3 passthrough was it?

Basically, I didn't understand what it was on about, so i figured 'NO' was the safe option.
    I have a tuner card (is that whats meant by receiver)
    I have an external sound system - but i'm pretty sure that's not what the 'external' comments were about.
    I use MP for watching / recording / playing live HD (and non-HD) TV.
    I'm using Cyberlink codecs

Can anyone explain in very simple terms, wether i'm supposed to enable passthrough or not?

Hi,

Basically if you want your external amp to do the decoding you need to 'pass-through' the sound to your amp without decoding it. You will need to use a single RCA, SPDIF or COAX to connect to your amp to get this to work. If it's working correctly the surround indicator on the anp should come on, on mine it's a blue light in the middle.

Hope this helps

Ian

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm... ok, well my machine is connected to my amp via a little optical digital cable... will that work?

Presumably, the reason for doing it is to reduce the load on your 'machine' by letting the amp do what it does natively?

I'll give it a go. Presumably, the easiest way is to re-install SAF, and choose that option. I have no idea how to uninstall it, but hopefully....

(PS: My surround sound works anyway)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes the little optical cable is spdif, so you should use pass through which leaves the audio untouched. less load on the htpc , also by converting the sound signal to different formats you can potentially lower the quality.

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you run the SAF installer again it will do an uninstall, then just enable passthru when you install it again. works for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom