SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (12 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Or in ATI CCC panel go to VIDEO tab "All", there you see a section named "basic quality". Untick automatic deinterlacing and set it to the level you like it with the slider. The most right option is "vector adaptive". If your hardware can handle it, it produces the best quality.

[edit]
ah.. cr*p... Just read you own a NVidia card... I think finding CCC controle panel will be difficult. ;) Sorry for throwing you off like this. I dont know if there are similar settings in the nvidia controle panel.

ronnie_t

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
I have tried the newest (256-series) nvidia driver and the 191.07 driver, but the problem remains. I can't see any deinterlace setting in nvidia control panel.

Today I installed Windows 7 with the 256-driver, because I thought it might solve the problem, but unfortunatly it didn't.

Looks like i am bound to windows media center for live TV, which is shame, because MP rules.

I have installed the latest saf4 (unlocked version) on mp1.1.0 rc4, but have problems with live tv H.264 (HD) channels. MPEG-channels (SD) work without a problem.

The picture is not correctly deinterlaced with the SAF POWERDVD codec (it's always like the middle picture in
deinterlacing.jpg
). Did I do something wrong?

My setup:
Windows XP (clean install)
GeForce 9500GS
DVB-C Twinhan Tuner

Video info according to mediainfo (from piece of recorded hdtv):

SAF itself didnt do any deinterlacing. SAF send interlaced video to GPU DXVA decoder and if deinterlacing didnt work correctly it is GPU drivers problem. So try to update GPU drivers or use older one.

ronnie_t

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
I changed my GPU from Nvidia 9500GS to 8800GTS under Windows 7 and I finally can use hardware deinterlacing on Live TV HD Channels with SAF 4. When I check the 9500GS with DXVA checker, I only have a couple of supported routines, but with the 8800GTS I see a lot more. So probably the 9500GS doesn't support hardware deinterlacing for 1080i h.264 material.

Thank you Hoborg for your hard work :D

P.S. I still have problems with HD channels, just like the BBC HD problems, and the powerDVD 9 / 10 (saf 5). But this is unrelated to saf

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Or in ATI CCC panel go to VIDEO tab "All", there you see a section named "basic quality". Untick automatic deinterlacing and set it to the level you like it with the slider. The most right option is "vector adaptive". If your hardware can handle it, it produces the best quality.

What difference between Automatic and VA deinterlacing option in CCC?

I guess if i let automatic it's not the graphic card which deinterlaces but VA yes? Am i right?

If i ask ffdshow to do the job, what do the graphic card do and what is the best between them?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

What difference between Automatic and VA deinterlacing option in CCC?

I guess if i let automatic it's not the graphic card which deinterlaces but VA yes? Am i right?

If i ask ffdshow to do the job, what do the graphic card do and what is the best between them?

Simply use VA deinterlacing, is best you can have.
Just make sure you disabled "pull down decettion" - this causing strange effect if enabled for me.

mister_salsa

Portal Member
November 5, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've installed SAF 4 Stable but I don't get subtitles when watching a m2ts blu-ray movie. What goes wrong?
(playback the same movie with MPC-HC: subtitles are working and CUDA is working)

My settings are:
nvidia 9400 IGP computer with win7 64bit + SPDIF passthrough
SAF 4.0 Stable installed with SPDIF passthrough
CoreAVC 2.0 and followed the guide, mentioned in the first post (section Requirements) for using CoreAVC 2.0 CUDA to accelerate H.264 video's

skin: StreamedMP + Moving Pictures (with internal player)
MP configuration > codecs en renderer > TV codecs > H.264 video codec: MPC-HC
MP configuration > codecs en renderer > video codecs> H.264 video codec: MPC-HC
MP configuration > video > video post processing > ffdshow Audio Decoder
MP configuration > video > subtitle > MPC-HC engine (autoload subtitles enabled)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
i cant download saf4 unlocked, because my antivir eset says there is a Packed.themida/AAA troyaner in there...is this a wrong information?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I've installed SAF 4 Stable but I don't get subtitles when watching a m2ts blu-ray movie. What goes wrong?
(playback the same movie with MPC-HC: subtitles are working and CUDA is working)

My settings are:
CoreAVC 2.0 and followed the guide, mentioned in the first post (section Requirements) for using CoreAVC 2.0 CUDA to accelerate H.264 video's

MP configuration > video > subtitle > MPC-HC engine (autoload subtitles enabled)

Try SAF 5

i cant download saf4 unlocked, because my antivir eset says there is a Packed.themida/AAA troyaner in there...is this a wrong information?

Yes, it is false warning.

mister_salsa

Portal Member
November 5, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

My settings are:

Try SAF 5

Uninstalled SAF4 and installed SAF5, but still the same problem when playback m2ts bluray movie
I want to get subtitles with CUDA is active !

In MPC-HC: subtitles (and CUDA is active) >> OK
In MP: no subtitles (and CUDA is active) >> not OK
In MP + Bluray-handler 0.9.3 disabled: : no subtitles (and CUDA is active) >> not OK
In MP + Bluray-handler 0.9.3 enabled: : subtitles (but CUDA is not active) >> not OK

What goes wrong?

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for you work. I am trying to get SAF 4.00 stable working on my system.
    I have two small issues:
    1). my m4v videos will not play. Attached is an extract from the Mediaportal log file.
    The files do play in GraphStudio but not in MP or MPC.
    If I rename the files to be mp4 or mkv files then they will play in MP and GraphStudio but not in MPC.

2). My HD TV channels continue to get mild tearing. I have CCC 9.2 installed and have set the vertical refresh as always on.
    I also have set triple buffering enabled and interlacing set for vector adaptive.
    I am using the Cyberlink decoder as defined at the beginning of the post.

Any suggestion welcome.
    :D

Attachments

• mediaportal.txt
      5.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom