SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
I had problems with MKV DTS audio tracks playing in double speed. Solved by replacing the DTS decoder from libavcodec to libdts in ffdshow audio configuration. My setup: Win7, MediaPortal 1.1RC1, SAF 4.0 Stable.

I have the same issue when trying to play MKV files with DTS-MA audio. Switching to the libdts decoder for DTS in ffdshow solves the issue, but I can't seem to understand why libavcodec causes the increased playback speed. Does anybody know why this issue happens? I've heard that it might be because Windows 7 has its own built in directshowfilters called Media Foundation which keeps trying to kick in unwantedly, but I have no idea if this is true or not.

o0X0o

Portal Pro
August 19, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Is anyone using a core i3 with the embedded Intel HD graphics?

I'm getting poor quality video with h264 mkv's where it looks a bit like there isn't enough colour depth and that the contrast/brightness seems to constantly shift. This happens in MP and WMP, but the same file looks fine in MPC-HC

It's running RC2 and SAF 4 final (unlocked) with the latest drivers from intel.

FYI for any other Core i3/5 users - I discovered this thread with screenshots of what I was experiencing, and the solution which was to use the PDVD10 codec for x264:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tions-about-case-components-81845/#post625674

JGT

Portal Pro
February 2, 2010
I use SAF v4 beta 22.
And can get my tv to work in MP on one computer ,on the other that not uses SAF tv works fine..
Firewall is not the problem.
And there should not be a problem to have two computers to use TV, connected to a tvserver ?
I am guessing it's something wrong I have done in the SAF installation.
Please help.. :confused:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have an .mp4 with x264 video and aac 5.1 audio, but I only get stereo. Do I have to remux them to an .mkv to get correct channel count?

Emph

ronnie_t

Portal Member
    December 11, 2007
    I have installed the latest saf4 (unlocked version) on mp1.1.0 rc4, but have problems with live tv H.264 (HD) channels. MPEG-channels (SD) work without a problem.

The picture is not correctly deinterlaced with the SAF POWERDVD codec (it's always like the middle picture in
    deinterlacing.jpg
    ). Did I do something wrong?

My setup:
    Windows XP (clean install)
    GeForce 9500GS
    DVB-C Twinhan Tuner

Video info according to mediainfo (from piece of recorded hdtv):

Code:
    ID                               : 48 (0x30)
    Menu ID                          : 137 (0x89)
    Format                           : AVC
    Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                   : Main@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames
    Duration                         : 1h 14mn
    Bit rate                         : 12.3 Mbps
    Width                            : 1920 pixels
    Height                           : 1080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
    Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
    Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
    Scan type                        : Interlaced
    Scan order                       : Top Field First

I can play the file correctly with windows media player under windows7

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have installed the latest saf4 (unlocked version) on mp1.1.0 rc4, but have problems with live tv H.264 (HD) channels. MPEG-channels (SD) work without a problem.

The picture is not correctly deinterlaced with the SAF POWERDVD codec (it's always like the middle picture in
    deinterlacing.jpg
    ). Did I do something wrong?

My setup:
    Windows XP (clean install)
    GeForce 9500GS
    DVB-C Twinhan Tuner

Video info according to mediainfo (from piece of recorded hdtv):

SAF itself didnt do any deinterlacing. SAF send interlaced video to GPU DXVA decoder and if deinterlacing didnt work correctly it is GPU drivers problem. So try to update GPU drivers or use older one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom