SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hmmm... ok, i've reinstalled SAF, and selected passthrough.

It told me to ensure I addeed add "FFDShow Audio Filter to Media Portal PostProcessing".
It's not abundantly clear, but I found two places I could do this - sort of.
I have two filters that could meet this criteria:
FFDShow Audio Decoder
and
FFDShow Audio Processor

I didn't know which to choose, I noticed no difference playing my test record, so I've just enabled them both.

I enabled these in both:
- MP Config -> Videos -> Video Post Processing
and
- MP Config -> TV -> TV Post Processing

I don't notice any difference with having these enabled. My surround sound has always worked... and still does.

Is there a way I can tell if it's actually working?

PS: My testing was done using an episode of Generation Kill, which has surround sound, and was recorded yesterday (before I enabled the filters).

EDIT: Later on in the evening, i couldn't watch TV / Recorded TV. Ultimately, I turned off the postProcessing filters I'd turned on under the TV option, and things worked again.

!?!

milka

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Dear hoborg,

You, sir, are a legend. I spent the day yesterday getting hidef bitstreaming working on my primary media centre. Finally got it working via MPC-HC only to realise that everything I'd been working with was 64-bit (i'm on W7 x64), sort of pointless for Mediaportal.

So I downloaded SAF 4.0, installed it and uninstalled ffdshow-tryout x64 and lo and behold, bitstreaming joy! There's a very special feeling you get when you see Dolby TrueHD light up on your receiver when it's Mediaportal as the source.

My thanks and congratulations on a job well done. SAF is now a part of my SOE.

Cheers,
milka

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I know this has been asked before - I have searched and found loads of posts about (too many!) it, but.....

I'm struggling to play MOV files (taken by my Panasonic Lumix camera).

I am running SAF 4 (unlocked) with QT Alternative installed.

I can double click on them from Windows and they run.

But I can not get them to load in MePo or Graphstudio.

They simply come up with a window that states "video: M-jpeg" and "audio: pcm" in MePo, and "cant not render" in Graphstudio.

I don't want to move to SAF5 as I have trouble with it on live TV (SAF4 is working a treat for - bar these files).

I have attached my log file.

Many thanks,

J. :D

ayoa

August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with ffdshow in SAF when it comes to playing dvds or iso files.
    I have media portal 1.1 final release running on windows xp pro sp3. I removed all old codecs, installed SAF and all seemed fine until I tried to play dvd files / iso.
    I get a heavliy pixelated lines screen which shows ghost images of previous frames. sound is ok.

Changing the dvd video decoder in 'dvd disc / images codec' in MP config from 'ffdshow' to 'MPC-MPEG2 video decoder (Gabest)' seems to fix the problem, but dvd menus don't alway show, which makes it a 'hit or miss' (ffdshow always shows menus).

I have attached an image of what the screen looks like. I tried changing 'raw images' in ffdshow config to 'all supported' as suggested elsewhere for a different issue, but it has not made a difference.

Please could you tell me how to get this working in ffdshow if possible as I seem to have best results with SAF.

Thanks for you help

Ayo

Attachments

• pixel dvd.GIF
      pixel dvd.GIF
      147.8 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi guys,

I know this has been asked before - I have searched and found loads of posts about (too many!) it, but.....

I'm struggling to play MOV files (taken by my Panasonic Lumix camera).

I am running SAF 4 (unlocked) with QT Alternative installed.

I can double click on them from Windows and they run.

But I can not get them to load in MePo or Graphstudio.

They simply come up with a window that states "video: M-jpeg" and "audio: pcm" in MePo, and "cant not render" in Graphstudio.

I don't want to move to SAF5 as I have trouble with it on live TV (SAF4 is working a treat for - bar these files).

I have attached my log file.

Many thanks,

J. :D

Did you tryed to rename *.MOV to *.MOVSD?
    Can you provide small video sample?

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with ffdshow in SAF when it comes to playing dvds or iso files.
    I have media portal 1.1 final release running on windows xp pro sp3. I removed all old codecs, installed SAF and all seemed fine until I tried to play dvd files / iso.
    I get a heavliy pixelated lines screen which shows ghost images of previous frames. sound is ok.

Changing the dvd video decoder in 'dvd disc / images codec' in MP config from 'ffdshow' to 'MPC-MPEG2 video decoder (Gabest)' seems to fix the problem, but dvd menus don't alway show, which makes it a 'hit or miss' (ffdshow always shows menus).

I have attached an image of what the screen looks like. I tried changing 'raw images' in ffdshow config to 'all supported' as suggested elsewhere for a different issue, but it has not made a difference.

Please could you tell me how to get this working in ffdshow if possible as I seem to have best results with SAF.

Thanks for you help

Ayo

Try SAF 5
    If not help, post your SAF logs - do you have Intel GPU?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg,

Many thanks for replying :)

I have managed to "fix" my issue.

To be honest, it was not an actual issue as such. I was trying to play MOVs (movsd) via Gemx's Extended My Pictures plugin - but all I got was a black screen (or Codec error if the extension was just MOV).

Then I tried to play the MOV files via My Videos and it works (so your instructions/SAF 4.0 pack works great) :D

After some digging, Gemx's plugin (on my HTPC anyway) sees the MOV file as music (it tries to use the Music/Now Playing window to display the movie - hence a black screen??). I need to dig more and establish why its doing this behaviour.

PDVD10 (SAF5) is problematic for me - I can not get the required FPS, but SAF4 works great (I tried 5 and had to restore back to version 4)

Many thanks,

J.

Arador

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2007
    North Queensland
    Home Country
    Audio out of sync with many .MP4 movie files

Just a heads up for others as this bugged me for about 3 months.
    I found that when using SAF 4.0 (unlocked) installed as instructed, many of my MP4 files I have, were experiencing audio out of sync by about 5-8 sec. This was rather confusing as no other file type had the issue. At first I thought it was just bad files but it was happening to about 40% of my MP4's.

Well....I found the solution. The last Haali Media Splitter (included in SAF 4) had bugs.
    I dl'ed and installed the latest....released 20/05/2010, on top my 1.1 RC4 install.
    Now all the files I had problems with are back in sync! .... and I am one happy camper :D

Hope that helps others...
    Cheers

from Haali website....
    Haali Media Splitter Changes
    20/05/2010
    New Features:
    Added support for WebM files
    Fixed items:
    Fixed a lot of issues with mp4 muxer
    Better support for VC-1 in MPEG Transport streams

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Audio out of sync with many .MP4 movie files

Just a heads up for others as this bugged me for about 3 months.
    I found that when using SAF 4.0 (unlocked) installed as instructed, many of my MP4 files I have, were experiencing audio out of sync by about 5-8 sec. This was rather confusing as no other file type had the issue. At first I thought it was just bad files but it was happening to about 40% of my MP4's.

Well....I found the solution. The last Haali Media Splitter (included in SAF 4) had bugs.
    I dl'ed and installed the latest....released 20/05/2010, on top my 1.1 RC4 install.
    Now all the files I had problems with are back in sync! .... and I am one happy camper :D

Hope that helps others...
    Cheers

from Haali website....
    Haali Media Splitter Changes
    20/05/2010
    New Features:
    Added support for WebM files
    Fixed items:
    Fixed a lot of issues with mp4 muxer
    Better support for VC-1 in MPEG Transport streams

Why not to try SAF5? :)

Arador

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 3, 2007
    North Queensland
    Home Country
    Well, I did try it about 3 months ago, but had trouble with something pretty major. For the life of me I can't remember exactly what right now.
    Maybe I should give it another try.
    ....but you know that gooey MP feeling you get when everything you want is just working sweet, after months of tweaking! :)
    For now, I am very happy...but I will try it again when I get some time.
    Cheers

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did a re-install of SAF 4.xx today, and it throws an error about the installed MediaPortal version (it thinks that 1.1 is too old). :D Would it be possible to update the 4.xx final with the latest Haali splitter and an update to accept MePo 1.1?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom