Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a problem with stuttering x264 playback with newest SAF 6.x (both on Cyberlink and ffdshow DXVA) with extended desktop configuration.
System ist core i5 & Nvidia GTX 560 TI - so performance should be OK.

If only one screen is used, playback seems smoother.
How can I get smooth playback with 2 screens connected - MP on the extended desktop?

I suggest you try v0084_part_DWM_dshowhelper, linked to here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nter-dshowhelper-community-development-81148/

I use dual-screen (with ATI though) and had loads of stuttering problems until I used this.

heikoh

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Will try that.
However, it it not "real" stuttering, but playback just looks more "fluid" on single screen configuration.
Will it solve that problem, too?

bizarro101

Portal Member
November 6, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Just installed SAF 6.0.6 on MediaPortal 1.2.2 running on E-350 platform.
No Problems playback of a tricky .mkv File with vc1.
Thank you Hoborg and ffdshow :)

pin_point

Portal Member
January 22, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

I've strugling with my media computer for the past week and it's driving me crazy tried multiple codec / filter packs and separate codecs: coreAVC, LAVF, PDVD11 codec (appeared in MP config af registering the .ax file in the PDVD folder), MPC HC, madVR.

But none gave me a working sollution with hardware acceleration, today i've tested with SAF 6.0.5 (friend recommended it) but now i get only audio and a green screen when playing MKV files.

HW i use:
Zotac NM10-DTX wifi
Intel Atom D525
3GB DDR2
ATI HD4850 (Catalyst 11.12)
500GB HDD

Drivers are all default after installing windows 7, only the ATI drivers are installed

I'm posting this here becouse i want it working with the SAF package.
Below a few screenshots

FFDshow DXVA config
ndk9iu.png

-When VC1 is ticked or unticked i can't play the cloudy with a change of meatballs file
-Rise of the planet of the apes plays (atleast i hear sound) but a green screen appears (see below)

2qi5p3r.png
full size:http://i39.tinypic.com/2qsayc9.png
GraphStudio shot of both files, looks good in my opinion

20a85sh.png
full size:http://i42.tinypic.com/2hdzf2p.png
-green screen of death when playing rise of the planet of the apes

166nmua.png

Taskmanager 'mediaportal' is not responding

Any help is much appreciated

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
@pin_point:
Firstly, test all directly in Graphstudio - just drag and drop your file in to graphstudio and hit play.
If you disable DXVA for h.264, does it works?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hoborg

When I looked into the ffdshow video decoder configuration, I saw that under rgb conversion the output is set to 0-255. Why not 16-235? Most people use a TV with that range I think.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @hoborg

When I looked into the ffdshow video decoder configuration, I saw that under rgb conversion the output is set to 0-255. Why not 16-235? Most people use a TV with that range I think.

Well, it is only affecting non h.264/VC-1/MPEG-2 formats (xvid/divx for example).
    But yes, anyone can change it.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @hoborg

Well, it is only affecting non h.264/VC-1/MPEG-2 formats (xvid/divx for example).
    But yes, anyone can change it.

I noticed this because my online videos were too dark.

Is it an option to let the installer ask what kind of screen is connected to the htpc (16-235 or 0-255). So that most people don't have issues with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom