Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer)

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm struggeling with thumbnails in myvideos (use it to browse musicvideos) none of the vidoeos I have downloaded from youtube in online videos (mostly H.264) have thumbnails. What may be the reason for this?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When comes the new update with LAV 0.47. There is a good think for ATI User, now DXVA for ATI is supported...
    Soon.
    I am out of time right now :/
    It think it is possible to download LAV 0.47, replace the original files in c:\Program Files\SAF\LAVF\ (or c:\Program Files (x86)\SAF\LAVF\ on x64) and run the install*.bat files as administrator and you have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

LAV

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    manray: when you've set DXVA2 native in LAV, start the windows Task Manager, go to performance and check the CPU. Start MediaPortal and start a movie. The CPU should not get higher then around 25%. If it get's a lot higher, it's not working. I've tried it today and it's not perfect. I don't have a full hd screen, so 24p is running in 60, but with de LAV video decoder and dxva2 enabled movies are acting strange sometimes. I moved back to ffdshow DXVA decoder.

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Hoborg,
    i have a problem with mepo 1.2.2 and sav 6.0.2 and/or 6.07
    in many tv channels and avi files i don't have sound, only with some hd tv channels i have sound

everything works fine in graph studio
    avi and recordet tv channels
    i don't know where is the problem,
    i use pdvd 11 for video and lav for audio codec

i think i have the problem after upgrading ati radeon drivers or mepo from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1

if you need something else, tell me what you need to identify the problem

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i found an other posting, there was the same problem, some channels are muted, i must pressing m to unmute the channel
    i don't know why, couse i don't use this funktion, i use only mute from AVR
    now everything works fine with saf 6.0.7

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It think it is possible to download LAV 0.47, replace the original files in c:\Program Files\SAF\LAVF\ (or c:\Program Files (x86)\SAF\LAVF\ on x64) and run the install*.bat files as administrator and you have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

LAV
    I can't find LAVF folder inside SAF one... My LAV related .dll are installed inside C:\Windows\System32... :(

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't find LAVF folder inside SAF one... My LAV related .dll are installed inside C:\Windows\System32... :(
    Then you are using an older version. Since version 6.0.6 all codecs are in the program folder. Download and install 6.0.7 and then update LAV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom