safely disconnect external HDD (1 Viewer)

serak

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello,

How can I safely disconnect external usb HDD in MePo?

serak

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi serak,

i don't think we have an option for that, but i assume your windows option is still present in systray?
    Might be a bit unhandy if you'd like to keep MP open though... :oops:

serak

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Yes, it is not very comfortable to stop MePo and go back to windows desktop to safely remove device. Especially if I use remote controller only. I'm surprised, nobody miss this feature.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am in the middle of other tests but it would be interesting to see logs from just removing the device...
    Does MP Client stay alive?
    If it is a Server/Client, does it stay alive?
    Win 7 (unlike previous versions) will not lose files.. I do it all the time without Un-mounting first.

serak

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    I have just installed 1.6. Where can I find it? I notice, I use remote controler only. No F1-F12 keys.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i don't use MCE remote, but maybe the info button can open " context menu" available also with " F9", select your drive in plugins, and select " eject"

serak

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Found. Works great. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine. As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months. Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it...
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal...
    Hello english forum! Since my question, which I asked weeks ago in the German-speaking forum, has not been answered until today, I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Video Player DE
    It is not automatic like mp1 but you could set up the "Launcher" plugin and manually launch an external video player from mp2. I believe the Launcher plugin is included in the mp 2.4 install.
    It is not automatic like mp1 but you could set up the "Launcher" plugin and manually launch an external video player from mp2. I...
    Help Please: Here in the MP1 notes it shows how to use an use 'external (Video) player' Video Player Q1: But how do I access...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom