Scanning for channels hangs again (1 Viewer)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi to all,

I had the same problem the last weeks. I'm using also the satelitte Astra 19.2°E.

I installed on another hard drive Windows completely new, including all updates & patches. On this fresh system I installed MP with the latest SVN this weekend - The error is still alive.

Than I had a closer look to the logs and found that the crash always happened for the transponder 11856,V,27500. It was the 20th transponder which was scaned. Than I edited the file "19.2°E Astra 1C_1E_1F_1G_1H_2C.ini" and
deleted the line "29=11856,V,27500,34,DVB-S" and renumber all lines afterthat and changed the entry "0=77" to "0=76" which I guess is the number of transponders to follow.
The result was that the scan crashed now on another transponder much closer to the end (12402,V,27500). I deleted also the line "57=12402,V,27500,34,DVB-S" in the transponder ini file and did also the renumbering & changing the line "0=76"
now to "0=75".

SURPRISE: Now the whole transponder scan is working again on my machine.

I add the 2 log sets ( With / WithOut Error ) and the alterd transponder ini file.
I hope this help others also to get a workaround this crash problem.

Is this a bug or what is the reason for the crash on these 2 transponders? :confused:

noddy

i have had exact the same problem with astra. everytime on the same part tv-server was crashing. not only rc1 also a previus svn was crashing. i spend the whole need night, with configuring and stuff, trying to slove it. was not sucesfull;/

then i tried your 19.2°E Astra 1C_1E_1F_1G_1H_2C.ini and it works!!!!

now i can scan astra again without crashing. you helped me so, so so much with this.
a big thank you to you.

greetings

parkuhr

thomka02633

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Hello friends :)

I want to add some information:

I have got the same problem like described. I have windows xp x86, SP2 and a Skystar2 on TVServer (actual release 1.0.0 RC2).

I tryed the batch file, I tryed the ms updates and the rar file. Unfortunately MP hangs on every scan.

So I performed a new Windows XP installation, installed all my drivers, installed Skystar2 4.4.3 driver, Installed Service Pack 3 and all other updates. Finaly I have installed MP TVServer and I searched for chanels ---> and it works !!!!

Therefore the recommendations at all with these error. Please ensure that you are up-to-date (also a general recommendations as you can read in wiki) with your (Windows) Service Packs and Updates!

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom