Scheduled Manual Recording does not work (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tklon said:
    2. I send the system to hibernate at 18:40:28
    what happens if you wait until the powerscheduler plugin hibernates the PC?

the team has the theory that this is caused by "manually sending the system into hibernate/standby"

:D for testing

btw. this looks definitly weird
    mediaportal.log said:
    06.07.2006 18:42:59 PowerScheduler: next scheduled event 01.01.2100 01:00:00 triggered by: Power Scheduler
    06.07.2006 18:42:59 PowerScheduler: Set wakeup timer at 01.01.2100 00:58:00

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I change the time to hibernate down to 4 minutes.

Heres the MediaPortal.log when MP sends the pc to hibernate.

MediaPortal.log said:
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: Shutdown timer expired
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: PreShutdownCheck()
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: GetNextRecordingStarttime()
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: Earliest valid starttime 06.07.2006 21:24:43
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: Next date/time:06.07.2006 16:05:00 Type:Weekdays KABEL 1 Star Trek - Das nächste Jahrhundert
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: GetNextRecordingStarttime() starttime 01.01.0001 00:00:00
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: ResetShutdownTimer()
    06.07.2006 21:24:43 PowerScheduler: Shutdown timer deactivated

When I look at these lines, I don't think MP will record Star Trek tomorrow (07.07.2006 - 16:05:00).

The next date/time is not valid, because it is before the earliest valid starttime.

Yesterday MP didn't record. Today the recording worked. Here a big MediaPortal.log (813 KB) from today. This is the MediaPortal.log from yesterday, where MP didn't wake up the htpc and didn't record.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    this logs were looking totaly weird :confused:
    i will have a work with the developers tomorrow.

btw. please you the TestTool to export the logs. And you do not have to upload the logs to your websapce, just attach them to your post, so we have a permanent record of this issue :)

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    infinityloop said:
    btw. please you the TestTool to export the logs. And you do not have to upload the logs to your websapce, just attach them to your post, so we have a permanent record of this issue :)
    Ok, will do this the next time. :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have spend more time with testing today and i am totaly unable to reproduce this issue.

question: have you all done a clean MediaPortal 0.2 installation?
    - NO old files
    - NO old databases used
    - NO svn applied?
    manual for updateing

Only confirmed issue atm is that if you use the Power Button on your remote or the Power Button on your PC case, you will get a problem with scheduled recordings.

But as long as you are using the Top Buttons on MediaPortal Homescreen or wait till powerscheduler hibernates your PC everything should be fine.

Btw. it could also be that the WindowsXP installation is causing the issues. If you have a earlier Windows Imgae please restore it and test again if clean install of MediaPortal has no effect

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I have clean install of Windows, and clean install of MP final 0.2.0.0 and as I said Schedule Manual Doesn't work! Few days ago, on clean win install I first tried RC 4 and schedule works fine, but after clean install (uninstall, delete old files and folder of RC4 before) of Final 0.2, manual schedule doesn't work. Actually I was very happy that day because final MP works faster and I made manual schedule to record one show, in the morning before job I take a look and there wasn't any dvr-ms file at all, even schedule was "finished". When I said finished I mean this was marked on schedule.
    Next day I tried again, and every time when record time came up schedule is still waiting, I suppose that after record time I will see finished writing on, but without record file. Because imprecise manual schedule timing, every test will take more than half hour (first wait few minutes to schedule start, than wait half hour to stop…)
    After that I uninstalled final and install RC4 and schedule works again. Sorry, but last few days I was very busy and I haven’t time to play with install and uninstall. Tomorrow, I hope I’ll try again, and if you wish I can use my windows image again and after that first install MP final, but if this is solution you will agreed it’s not the best and final solution.

Best regards,
    Zeljko

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Zeljko
    was your PC on when the scheduled recording was about to start? or was it in hibernate/standby and had to resume?

if you are suing hibernate/standby how do you send your PC to sleep? remote, mediaportal menue or with power button on PC?

slowly but surely i fear this is the reson for the problems -> Mantis 744

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    NO, my PC is always ON, I don't use screen saver, standby... Sometimes I use hibernation but in this case it was really clean install of MP final, restart after, just in case and test.

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    infinityloop said:
    @Zeljko
    was your PC on when the scheduled recording was about to start? or was it in hibernate/standby and had to resume?

if you are suing hibernate/standby how do you send your PC to sleep? remote, mediaportal menue or with power button on PC?

slowly but surely i fear this is the reson for the problems -> Mantis 744

I would like to say, if is this true how MP RC4 works?

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Here are my logs, as you can see I started MP, setup manual record to start at 12:05 with default pre-record time of 5min, in length of half hour. At 12:00 nothing happened but I wait until schedule should stop, and after 12:40 I take a look at schedule and it was "finished" but actually there is not any dvr-ms file. If you wish I can do some other test.

regards,
    Zeljko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom