Scheduled Manual Recording does not work (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have turned off the powerschdeuler plugin and scheduled 20 recordings on my htpc.
    It seems that it didnt recorded all of them correctly.
    I need to take a closer lok at the logs and will report back.

:D for testing :)

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    If I can help with some more tests or anything else, just post instruction. I don’t use any other plugin like powerscheduler just clean install of MP 0.2. After test which log I posted, I tried last svn build but bug is still here.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Zeljko,
    Seems like you have an failure with your card, the analog part of it. It tries to use a encoder but fails. Is this a software card (the analog part only) & if it is can you disable this card in MP Setup (delete) & test with the digital part only?

Heres the error:
    8.7.2006 11:56:28 Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Regards
    Roy

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    ronilse said:
    Hi,
    Zeljko,
    Seems like you have an failure with your card, the analog part of it. It tries to use a encoder but fails. Is this a software card (the analog part only) & if it is can you disable this card in MP Setup (delete) & test with the digital part only?

Heres the error:
    8.7.2006 11:56:28 Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Regards
    Roy

As you can see I have Gigabyte Theater Hybrid Card and MP recognize it like two cards analog and digital. First I tried to use it without any change in setup, schedule didn’t work, after that I deleted analog card and test, schedule didn’t work. Third attempt, I deleted digital card to, add again only digital (DVB-T), auto tune channel (without change dvbt.xml) and test again, schedule doesn’t work.
    I must say again that RC4 work fine with same configuration, with same card (I left only DVB-T part).

Now I have idea :) In Manual schedule in MP 0.2 it’s new options:
    1 Quick record and
    2 Advanced.
    If I chose Advanced and setup time etc. what I should choose in Quality settings? Because I use DVB-T and I don’t really need any encoder? Maybe, bug is in this? MP tries to use encoder in DVB? Under MP setup->Television-> Capture Cards->Edit->Quality control I don't have turned on "Use Quality control".

I made another log.

Zeljko

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Zeljko,
    we know have found a new issue where no epg = no recording if it's manual scheduled, there are devs working on it so lets see what comes out of that first.

Thanks for testing & reporting

Regards
    Roy

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, in my country there isn't EPG :( and I tried to turn off EPG everywhere in MP, but schedule still doesn't work.
    Please send me a note when you change something and I'll try this SVN.

Maybe I didn’t say early but if I choose Record Now, MP records my TV program.

Regards,
    Zelko

Zeljko

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    How can I test it? Last CVN is mediaportal-svn-07-08-2006--01-02-Rev9399.rar and I tested it today without success.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Zeljko, the build will be out during the day i think. There are one more fix from another dev "rtv" which should solve the no epg = no recording. When this will be out exactly i don't know.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom