Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

chrisv

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
If you have both lineups specified @ schedules direct then they are both
downloaded and processed with this plugin
I am not sure on your setup but if you give me more info I can try to help.

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with the family (holiday get-togethers). I now see all channels come in but I was looking for a way to setup each individual lineup in order to separate the few duplicate channels and did not realize all channels are imported automatically. Is there an easy way to separate the duplicates (a field that stores which lineup it is retrieved from, perhaps)? I did not notice any in the database.

Another problem I noticed is that I can't get the channels to appear ordered by channel number in MP. The sortOrder field in the Channel table is correct but the UI does not display it sorted (I restarted the TV Service and rebooted as well). I have a Server setup on one PC with the client installed as well, plus a client on a second machine and it is not sorted on either.

Thanks.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with the family (holiday get-togethers). I now see all channels come in but I was looking for a way to setup each individual lineup in order to separate the few duplicate channels and did not realize all channels are imported automatically. Is there an easy way to separate the duplicates (a field that stores which lineup it is retrieved from, perhaps)? I did not notice any in the database.
Sometimes for multiple lineups it is easier to setup/add one lineup at a time.

Basically, setup ONLY your first lineup @ SD (and in MP if needed), then let the plugin import the lineup/schedule.
Once you have that one worked out, ADD the second lineup @ SD (and setup in MP if needed) and let the plugin import that lineup/schedule also.

Another problem I noticed is that I can't get the channels to appear ordered by channel number in MP. The sortOrder field in the Channel table is correct but the UI does not display it sorted (I restarted the TV Service and rebooted as well). I have a Server setup on one PC with the client installed as well, plus a client on a second machine and it is not sorted on either.

Thanks.

Have you tried the sort option in the plugin? Other than that I do not know.
I added the sort option because I could not figure out how to get
the channels sorted via the setuptv either :)

HTH,
patrick

Germ

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Fixed.

Sorry for the delay. Christmas, etc... :rolleyes:

I updated MediaPortal and the TV Server to the Dec 26 builds, and the Schedules Direct plugin seems to work now. I had some difficulty getting the schedules to match up with the channels, but after some screwing around I got it. Thanks for the tip Patrick.

chrisv

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Sorry for the delay as well. Holidays + kids = very busy.

Patrick, I tried the sort option in the plugin. That didn't work either. Where is the actual channel number stored? I looked through the database tables but could not find just the channel number. It's probably just my tired eyes but if you can help me out that would be great.

Germ, did you manage to get your channels sorted in the guide?

Germ

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Channel Sorting

I didn't have an ordering problem with my channels. They all just showed up in order. I don't recall specifying an order anywhere either, but that doesn't mean that I didn't...

The_Rebel

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
how do i get this working with bell and dish (dvb-s)?

whenever i try it with default settings or a few other tweaks my channles get mapped to the wrong EPG info!

how can i resolve this?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

whenever i try it with default settings or a few other tweaks my channles get mapped to the wrong EPG info!

how can i resolve this?

Hi,

I will try to help, but I do not know if you are using MP stand alone, or TVE3 and I do not know what bell and dish are.
:)

For dish, I guess you mean Dish Sat?
If you are adding these Dish channels as external then make sure you have the plugin set to auto-add digital channels with the correct input.

Here is what I would do assuming bell is a cable or OTA provider and dish is Dish Sat
and you are getting bell channels via a tuner card of some sort and the dish channels
are coming in via an external input (S-Video, etc).

1. Delete all current channels in MP config
2. Only add bell lineup @ SD.
3. Scan/Auto-Tune the bell channels in MP config.
4. Run MP and let the mapping complete for the bell channels
5. Add the Dish lineup @ SD
6. Set the plugin to force update on next startup and auto-add digital channels in config.
7. Restart MP and let the channel adding occur for the Dish channels.
8. In MP config check that the auto-added channels are assigned to the correct card.

Tip: You may want to set the number of guide days to a small amount so the updates complete faster.
Once things are setup correctly then go back and up the days to what you want.

HTH,
patrick

The_Rebel

Portal Member
January 6, 2008

how can i resolve this?

Hi,

I will try to help, but I do not know if you are using MP stand alone, or TVE3 and I do not know what bell and dish are.
:)

For dish, I guess you mean Dish Sat?
If you are adding these Dish channels as external then make sure you have the plugin set to auto-add digital channels with the correct input.

Here is what I would do assuming bell is a cable or OTA provider and dish is Dish Sat
and you are getting bell channels via a tuner card of some sort and the dish channels
are coming in via an external input (S-Video, etc).

1. Delete all current channels in MP config
2. Only add bell lineup @ SD.
3. Scan/Auto-Tune the bell channels in MP config.
4. Run MP and let the mapping complete for the bell channels
5. Add the Dish lineup @ SD
6. Set the plugin to force update on next startup and auto-add digital channels in config.
7. Restart MP and let the channel adding occur for the Dish channels.
8. In MP config check that the auto-added channels are assigned to the correct card.

Tip: You may want to set the number of guide days to a small amount so the updates complete faster.
Once things are setup correctly then go back and up the days to what you want.

HTH,
patrick

Thanks for that but thats not really what i wanted to do, i eventually figured it out on my own.. i just need to replace the channel values with the correct Service ID's that way everything sync's up with SD.

I'll share the MS SQL syntax when i figure it out (im a total newb when it comes to these M$ db's, i have worked with mysql though)

Edit:

SQL Query:

Code:
UPDATE    TuningDetail
SET              channelNumber = serviceId
WHERE     (idChannel = channelNumber)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hey Patrick,

I got some feedback from a user of my TV Scheduler service that was using your plugin with MediaPortal.

Maybe much to ask, but would you consider doing a version of your plugin for TV Scheduler, so importing all guide data through its TvGuideService?

The TV Scheduler thread is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/rule_based_tvscheduler_service-t26158.html , and obviously I can provide the full API and some sample code :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom