Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (3 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey there,

I feel like we're going in circles here :)

Let's try to nail down one channel. Pick a channel that has the wrong info and tell me the following:

1) what channel are you looking at?
    2) what channel's data are you seeing?

From this, I can look in the log you posted to see what's happening. Otherwise, the log shows me that a few channels are being properly mapped and guide data is being added for those channels.

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do we need a new version for 1.20 final? My guide data is now not populating.

I don't believe so. I'm not running the 1.2 Alpha or svn, but I installed the 1.2 Alpha on my dev machine and was able to load guide data.

If it fails because of the version, it typically fails BIG.

Post your logs if you're still having issues.

Cheers.

Geoff

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    It was working fine in the alpha so its probably something I did. I will mess around with it and post my logs if I cant get it working. Thanks for the quick response.

trahajopro86

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would like to +1 that. That was one of my biggest sources of frustration with MediaPortal. The channel mapping was a complete mess. I thought it was how Comcast was presenting the channels, but all others (Myth, NPVR, HDHomerun) found and mapped the channels just fine. As an act of desperation, I installed 1.2 alpha last night. The channel scan seemed to work really well with 1.2. There are still a few to map manually, but it works TONS better than 1.1.x.

Thanks for the work MP team.... can't wait to try out 2.x alpha

-Tracy

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi geoffstewart - I am just wondering if you have considering adding a listing to the MP Downloads Repository? It seems to be quite popular already and very visible. We get many requests from new users in North America wanting to know how to get their EPG data, and I think you offer one of the best solutions!

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi geoffstewart - I am just wondering if you have considering adding a listing to the MP Downloads Repository? It seems to be quite popular already and very visible. We get many requests from new users in North America wanting to know how to get their EPG data, and I think you offer one of the best solutions!

That sounds like a good idea. I have thought about that a few times but I'm easily distracted....hey, look a dog with a fluffy white tail! :)

I may be able to find time over the holidays to put it together.

Cheers.

Geoff

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    ok guys I am back for another go at this, going to do a clean install of MP (should I try the alpha)what schedules direct plugin should I use, last go around I couldn't get the channels to map correctly, the only ones that did were coming through my HD HomeRun. Thanks for your help guys.

trahajopro86- It would appear that I am having the same problem you had, just what did you do to fix it? Thanks

trahajopro86

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    trahajopro86- It would appear that I am having the same problem you had, just what did you do to fix it? Thanks

All I did was try 1.2 beta and it seemed to work better for scanning channels. Unfortunately, I was having other problems with 1.2 beta (mostly just addon compatibility) so I went back to 1.1.2. I did a fresh install and started from scratch. I had a ton of channels not mapped again. I just went through and manually set the xmlid.ch.schedulesdirect.org attribute on each channel and my EPG is working like a champ. I'd be willing to bet that if I was just using ATSC or other source, it would all work fine. I think my problem is how Comcast is presenting the QAM.... or at least I'd rather blame them than MP or SD. ;-)

-Tracy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom