Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) | Page 65

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by patrick, August 21, 2007.

1. HudsonHawk04

HudsonHawk04 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am not sure I follow you on manually setting the xmlid.ch.schedulesdirect.org part. Is that a file created by mediaportal?

forgot to ask what version of the schedules direct plugin are you using?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. trahajopro86

trahajopro86 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America

Sorry about that. I realized I was a little unclear just after I posted that and then got sidetracked. That value is actually in the database. I used MYSQL so I used MYSQL Workbench to manually edit the fields in the database with the proper EPG info from schedules direct.

I'm away at the moment so I'm not 100% on this info, but I think it is in the channel table and the field is like externalID or something like that.

I would tune to "UNknown..." in mediaportal and watch the channel until I could identify it (logo, station bumpers, etc). Once I knew what channel it was, I'd log in to my SD account and get the XMLID for the channel. Next I would open the database in MYSQL Workbench and edit the channels table. Once I found the "Unknown...." channel I had tuned to above, I would add <XMLID>.<Channel>.schedulesdirect.org in the externalID field for example 20118.4-1.schedulesdirect.org.

Once I populated that info I went into the SD plugin and told it to update next time the service starts, and then bounced the tvservice. All my EPG info populated perfectly after that.

Good luck!

-Tracy

4. HudsonHawk04

HudsonHawk04 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    finally going to see if I can figure this out, my only question is how do i find my channel xml id in schedules direct?

5. trahajopro86

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Just login to SD and then click on "Edit" to edit your lineup. and then just hover over the channels and you should see a mouseover popup that will show you the XMLID. I use Firefox so I don't know how it shows with other browsers.

-Tracy

6. HudsonHawk04

HudsonHawk04 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    one more question, what is the exact name of the file I am looking to open? I found channels or something along those lines but I just want to make sure.

7. trahajopro86

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Not sure what file you mean. If you are talking about adding the xmlids to the channels? You will need to edit the database directly. Did you use SQL Express or MySQL?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HudsonHawk04

HudsonHawk04 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I used sql and have workbench installed, I found channels, in the database I am assuming thats what I need to edit?

9. trahajopro86

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Yeah open the "channels" table in edit mode and then just populate the "externalID" with <xmlid>.<channel>.schedulesdirect.org. I had it easier because SD populated some channels so I could see what the format was like.

Don't forget to check the option in the SD plugin to update on next service restart then restart the tvservice.

-Tracy

10. HudsonHawk04

HudsonHawk04 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    worked like a charm, thanks so much...took me long enough to figure out, but at least I learned along the way.

I had some populated too, all my HD stuff had to manually do the analog half. It was a pain in the butt but at least now its done. Now I guess its time to tweak and figure out how to set up comskip.

11. ajp8164

ajp8164 Portal Pro

Consulting Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Hi All,

While working on some recent changes to MP I found that the SD plugin no longer worked (errors in the log). I grabbed the source from the google site, updated with the latest MP binaries and the SD plugin wold not build. Did some quick investigation and found that changes were made to TvLibrary.Channel that broke the SD plugin. I made changes to the SD plugin on my PC, compiled and am able to use it again. I would like to contribute the changes if someone can please provide me with wraite access to the SD SVN.

Thanks,

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!