Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (5 Viewers)

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
August 26, 2010
Jayhawk Nation
I am not sure I follow you on manually setting the xmlid.ch.schedulesdirect.org part. Is that a file created by mediaportal?

forgot to ask what version of the schedules direct plugin are you using?

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am not sure I follow you on manually setting the xmlid.ch.schedulesdirect.org part. Is that a file created by mediaportal?

Sorry about that. I realized I was a little unclear just after I posted that and then got sidetracked. That value is actually in the database. I used MYSQL so I used MYSQL Workbench to manually edit the fields in the database with the proper EPG info from schedules direct.

I'm away at the moment so I'm not 100% on this info, but I think it is in the channel table and the field is like externalID or something like that.

I would tune to "UNknown..." in mediaportal and watch the channel until I could identify it (logo, station bumpers, etc). Once I knew what channel it was, I'd log in to my SD account and get the XMLID for the channel. Next I would open the database in MYSQL Workbench and edit the channels table. Once I found the "Unknown...." channel I had tuned to above, I would add <XMLID>.<Channel>.schedulesdirect.org in the externalID field for example 20118.4-1.schedulesdirect.org.

Once I populated that info I went into the SD plugin and told it to update next time the service starts, and then bounced the tvservice. All my EPG info populated perfectly after that.

Good luck!

-Tracy

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
Just login to SD and then click on "Edit" to edit your lineup. and then just hover over the channels and you should see a mouseover popup that will show you the XMLID. I use Firefox so I don't know how it shows with other browsers.

-Tracy

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
Not sure what file you mean. If you are talking about adding the xmlids to the channels? You will need to edit the database directly. Did you use SQL Express or MySQL?

trahajopro86

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
Home Country
Yeah open the "channels" table in edit mode and then just populate the "externalID" with <xmlid>.<channel>.schedulesdirect.org. I had it easier because SD populated some channels so I could see what the format was like.

Don't forget to check the option in the SD plugin to update on next service restart then restart the tvservice.

-Tracy

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
August 26, 2010
Jayhawk Nation
worked like a charm, thanks so much...took me long enough to figure out, but at least I learned along the way.

I had some populated too, all my HD stuff had to manually do the analog half. It was a pain in the butt but at least now its done. Now I guess its time to tweak and figure out how to set up comskip.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
Hi All,

While working on some recent changes to MP I found that the SD plugin no longer worked (errors in the log). I grabbed the source from the google site, updated with the latest MP binaries and the SD plugin wold not build. Did some quick investigation and found that changes were made to TvLibrary.Channel that broke the SD plugin. I made changes to the SD plugin on my PC, compiled and am able to use it again. I would like to contribute the changes if someone can please provide me with wraite access to the SD SVN.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom