Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (3 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated April 2010)

I have looked at the source. SD does obviously provide episode name, but the plugin seems to drop it on the floor.

I'd like to put this source into a google project or something so the community can add patches.

I have a hacked up version that includes some thetvdb.com hooks and a fix for the dropped episode name but cannot really share it in its current state.

If I get some time this week/weekend, I'll see about setting up a common location for this very valuable plugin.

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

The SD feed doesn't specificaly has the episode name information. The closest thing it has is a "subtitle" field which could MAYBE have the episode name.

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/download/file.php?id=2

The next time that I'm in the code, I'll check it out. But don't get your hopes up.

JF

Hey JF,

Maybe we can collaborate on this...

I just now created a project on code.google.com: mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's obviously empty... I'll try to upload the source soon.

PM me if you're interested.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Here's a copy of a typical file I see. The Episode Name is there in the description before the colon if it were stripped. But then again, don't know whether it is in another field the plug-in isn't making available to us MP users. I wonder how the xmltv grabbers are doing in comparison - I liked how simple this was but...

UPDATE: I was able to locate the identical show recorded on separate HTPCs last week - one is MP 1.1.0.0 RC2 (before last week's update) and the other is what was being generated under MP 1.0.2 for so many years. I think the SD folks are supplying a good many fields and when the filenaming was broken under MP 1.0.2 it was fine to just have the program guide!

All of this is not so significant to me because MP keeps my recorded TV programs in a database so I never really need to know where they're stored or the exact filename, but I could see how those using plug-ins (like TV-Series and those that do much more) might need additional fields to properly characterize each file by series, season, episode name/number, etc.

Attachments

• Two and a Half Men - 2010-05-17 - E-.xml
      30.7 KB
    • CSI_ Crime Scene Investigation -S- 2010-05-13.xml
      30.8 KB
    • CSI_ Crime Scene Investigation - SEP00380341 - E1022.xml
      30.8 KB

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Here's a copy of a typical file I see. The Episode Name is there in the description before the colon if it were stripped. But then again, don't know whether it is in another field the plug-in isn't making available to us MP users. I wonder how the xmltv grabbers are doing in comparison - I liked how simple this was but...

OK,

I had a chance to test it out briefly. I've uploaded a version that has the behaviour as before PLUS it will properly save the Episode Name.

Stable SD Plugin - MP1.1RC3 and supports saving Episode Name

Next task: polish up thetvdb.org integration I've done so it can be used by others than just me.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers.

Geoff

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

A big :D for keeping this plugin going. I'm not ready to move to 1.1 yet (still using 1.0.2, maybe @rc4), but I can rest soundly knowing what to expect when I do. OTA ATSC is a major part of MP in my house, more compatibility with TV-Series naming rules is a big plus for me.

Great Job!!

Chuck

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country

awesome job guys, and many thanks. I havent tested it yet (set for install this weekend), but I'm very hopeful. I program in PHP and MySQL, so the source looks kinda familiar, but not quite :) so I'm hoping if I stare at it long enough I might be able to help :)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008

Its nice to see some new devs interested in this plugin. This can only be good for everyone else who uses SD. The one issue is now I don't know what version to download :p

Is the version on the google code site the most up to date or is it currently mostly for testing?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Its nice to see some new devs interested in this plugin. This can only be good for everyone else who uses SD. The one issue is now I don't know what version to download :p

Is the version on the google code site the most up to date or is it currently mostly for testing?

Hey jacc1234,

The latest version is on the google code site. It is the exact same as the latest available here except the one on google code has a bug fix to save the episode name.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers

Geoff

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey Geoff,

Any chance you can recompile for the RC4 release?

Thanks ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom