geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    njsteve,

Try the attached plugin... I added some more logs to try and figure out where it's crashing.

Do a restart with the Force checkbox on and upload hte logs.... the tv.log should have TEST entries in it.

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3-TEST.zip
      78.1 KB

wpjonesnh

May 5, 2012
    Maine
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good Day,
    I am new to the forums and MediaPortal myself and have also been struggling to get the SchedulesDirect plugin working. I took the liberty of downloading your TEST dll and what I received in the log file was the following:

Code:
    2012-05-19 18:43:46.938587 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(4)]: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
      at SchedulesDirect.SchedulesDirectWebService.SchedulesDirectWebServiceProxy.download(String startTime, String endTime)
      at SchedulesDirect.SchedulesDirectWebService.Download(DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime)
      at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.RunEpgImport()
    2012-05-19 18:43:46.939587 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(4)]: ReceiveFailure
    2012-05-19 18:43:46.948587 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(4)]: Scheduling next poll for 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
    2012-05-19 18:43:46.950588 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(4)]: Unable to process any channels, have you done an autotune in setup?

I have also attached my logfile as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey there wpjonesnh,

Sorry for the delay... I just had a chance to view your log.

The error is stating that the underlying connection is being forcibly closed... Typically, that means the schedules direct server kicked you out ... accidentally or intentionally.

Have you signed up with schedulesdirect.org? I see by the log you set a username and password... are you sure these match your account?

wpjonesnh

May 5, 2012
    Maine
    Home Country
    No worries, Geoff. I did double check that my username and password were correct but in the meantime I took a page out of your book and forced myself to finally sit down and setup 4TR. This actually works out better for me as well since now I can focus my recordings on new shows only and skip the re-runs. Thanks a lot for your reply though and if you like I can still give the plugin a shot. It could also be something with my firewall now that I think about it. Running smoothwall with IDS active and though it did not block SD it might have still terminated them though it is configured to block any ip it deems a threat. Will have to dig into that as a possibility as well.

Regards and Good day!

Wendell

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Glad you got going. No need to re-try the plugin... the error does sound consistent with a firewall, etc.

Cheers.

Geoff

STEVENJ

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Geoff:

Once again, I've been pulled away from this by other demands. Apologies for the delay.

I downloaded the zip file that you attached. I can see the x.dll file that's in it. My question now is into what directory should it be placed?

Steve

STEVENJ

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Geoff:

By the way, in answer to your earlier query - I have a home network with this computer plugged into a Linksys router that is then connected to a DSL modem.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That .dll goes into the TV Server plugins directory... you need to stop the TV service, copy the DLL (overwrite the existing one) and restart the TV service.

S

Steven Apel

Geoff:

I can't get the new file into the plugins directory. I keep getting the message that the action (of pasting over the existing file) cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program. However, I can find nothing else open. Any ideas?

Steve

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Steve,

You need to turn off the TV Service. Right-click on My Computer->Manage->Services->TV Service ... stop.

Copy the file.

Then restart the service.

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom