[Bug] Schedules marked 24h too late (EPG & Timer) (1 Viewer)

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi arion,

unfortunately the schedules dont appear after a restart of the tvservice. i will test it later with an actual selfcompiled svn version.

nicx...

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
i tested it with the svn with no luck, the error is the same :(

could you please have a look at it again? thanks!

nicx...

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi arion,

i just have noticed that the bug in mantis was closed, but i still have this problem with an actual compiled svn :(

nicx...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Schedules marked 24h too late (EPG & Timer)

Weird thing is that we have many users using clickfinder and RC2 (including me) with no problems at all with weekly schedules. But will try this evening to double check, if its not there and I didnt recognize it.

Nicx, did you try a clean install with the provided new .dll from arion? Meaning real clean with a dropped db, maybe even an uninstall of whole sql server?

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes i did a really clean new install with a completly dropped db. the sql server itself i didnt reinstall, maybe i will test this (including a clean new win install) in the next few days.

btw: which sql version are you using? i am using win7 with sql 2008 express.

nicx...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Schedules marked 24h too late (EPG & Timer)

I'm on MySQL. Maybe there's the difference?! Maybe you should try MySQL too?

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sure there is the difference, because this bug (as you can see in mantis) only exists with mssql ;)

i dont want to use mysql because i need mssql dbs for other things, too.

nicx...

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes, the issue is MSSQL specific.

nicx:
    We are so close to RC3, so have some patience and try RC3 when it's out. If the problem persists, we'll see how to proceed in order to find out what is different in your setup.

The_Stig:
    In the mean time if you can do a test using MSSQL we could perhaps have some more feedback. Testing on virtual PC should be fine too. I did my tests using MSSQL 2005 Express not 2008, but I highly doubt it is an issue of 2005 vs 2008 as that would mean a great deal of applications using datepart() would break when upgrading to 2008.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Re: Schedules marked 24h too late (EPG & Timer)

sure there is the difference, because this bug (as you can see in mantis) only exists with mssql ;)

:oops: Overread that...

@The_Stig:
    In the mean time if you can do a test using MSSQL we could perhaps have some more feedback. Testing on virtual PC should be fine too. I did my tests using MSSQL 2005 Express not 2008, but I highly doubt it is an issue of 2005 vs 2008 as that would mean a great deal of applications using datepart() would break when upgrading to 2008.

Sorry, no virtual machine around and no time to do such a test. Maybe other testers have MS-SQL installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom