[fixed] Scrambled DVB-T channels HVR-4400 & CI (1 Viewer)

Nogge69

Portal Pro
January 20, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Tried to do a clean install of 1.2.0 Alpha yesterday, and all went well until i tried to watch scrabled DVB-T channels.
I currently don't use DVB-S or Analog tuners on the card.
I configured the CI and enabled the CAM on the card, but i just got the message Channel is scrambeled.
Reverted back to 1.1.1 and it was working again. Did another clean install of 1.2.0, but scrambled cannels will not work.
(Same error on both server preview and on the clients.)
Testet WinTV7 at the same time as 1.2.0 and it works fine, so no problem with CI or cam.

WinTV HVR-4400 Driver: 1.47.28239.0
WinTV CI Driver: 1.3607.26283.0

Attached is the log from 1.2.0A

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
No change to situation after installing Windows 7. Still problems with CI-module.

- Not able to tune into any paytv channel (new issue with 1.2 alpha).
- Binding the module to a specific tuner very problematic (was so even when it sort of worked).
--> When I go to CI-module config, module is most often set to RadioWebStream Card. Also if I first go to CI-config and then to another part of TV-Server config and back, all tuners show twice in the list. If I do this again, list shows all tuners three times etc.

WinTV Nova-TD-500 driver: 3.11.27187.0
WinTV CI driver: 1.3607.26283.0

Nogge69

Portal Pro
January 20, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Binding the CI module to the correct tuner has also been a challenge for me, also on 1.1.1. (It's a bit of trial & error to get it to work)
I usally move priority of the the different tuners up and down,and disable some i don't use, until it sticks to the right tuner. (Involving a few restarts of the server etc.)
When you get it to stick on 1.1.1, it's working fine, but not on 1.2.0A

Been mentioned before:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    So this issue it's because of problems with getting CI to stick to card, because when i look in both logs(on has errors indicating broken setup) it doesn't seem to be same problems, but it could just be that Hauppauge CI is the cause.
    Nogge69, you have created a hybrid setup in TVServer Config & attached CI to DVB-T tuner or?

Regards
    Roy

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Ronlise
    No, i haven't configured a Hybrid setup in TVserver for the 4400 card.
    I have also had the exact same experience trying to link the CI using the Nova-TD-500(on MP1.1.1), it usually assigns the Radioweb to the CI, and trying to select something else, all tuners show up several times in the dropdown list for the WinTV-CI, until you exit Server config and restart the TVserver service.
    Then you have to move about on the priority and enable/disable some of the Tuners to get it to stick to the one you want. (With restart of the Service and Config in between every change you do)

To me, it doesen't look like the problem on 1.2.0A not descrambling the payTV channels has anything to do with the "Stick" problem, but could be more like a Graph problem. (Bit of guesswork, but don't want to test too much on my live server)

I could try set up another test server with 1.2.0A using the Nova-TD-500 I have lying around, and attach the CI to see how this behaves, but to get the CI I would have to wait until the rest of the family is gone to bed. (Just have one CI:)

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi ronilse

Not too much I've had time to test today, but have set up a test server on one of my laptops, and attached some screenshots of what is going on in Server setup when trying to select the WinTV-CI. (Need to get back to you on logs since it's getting late)
    These pictures are from MP 1.1.1
    Picture 1: Just after the installation
    Picture 2/3: Select the CI
    Picture 4: Going back to the CI after checking TV channels (Changed to RadioWebStream by itselves)
    Picture 5/6: Trying to select the WinTV-Nova stick, but the list expands.
    Picture 7: Restarting server and going back into ServerConfig, this time nothing is selected. (But this might vary)
    So if I try to select the Nova stick again, the list expands as in picture 5&6

So this is when I have to start to move about on the priority or Disable tuners to make it stick. (Usually remove the IPTV card and the RadioWebStream)

It's the same behaviour on the 4400 card i have on my main server both on 1.1.1 and 1.2.0A
    But on 1.2.0.A eaven if I make it stick, it still gives the message that cannels are scrambled.

I'll try to do some more testing tomorrow, so I can provide logs from both 1.1.1 and 1.2.0A on my test setup, to figure out what's going on with the PayTV channels.

Attachments

• ServerSetup.zip
      698.3 KB

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Have attached the logs from last night's testing on the testing server. (And some screendumps of the setup)
    1.1.1 works fine.(Apart that it takes some time to make the CI stick to the tuner as mentioned in the previous post)
    1.2.0A Looks the same in the setup after making it stick to the tuner.(Same challenge to make it stick as in 1.1.1)
    - Made sure that the tuner actually are locked to the tuner by doing a restart of the service and config.
    - Got error when trying to preview scrambled channels. (The free channels work fine)

Haven't looked too closely on the log yet, since it was quite late last night, but there is def. something wrong with the linking of the CI and the tuner.
    This is the same experience I had on the HVR-4400 the other day. (As I can recall)

Hope this helps:)

Attachments

• Server1.1.1.zip
      107.5 KB
    • Server1.2.0A.zip
      223.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom