[fixed] Scrambled DVB-T channels HVR-4400 & CI (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Fantastic! :D :D :D

I submitted the patch to the team and they asked me to make a small change, so I will compile that and post another test file later on this evening. That will be in 8 hours though, so there is no sense in staying up all night! *Thank you* once again for testing...

:D

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    mm,

Send it over when you have time.
    My wife has "Left the building" for a couple of days, so I might be able to test it on the main server without getting into too much trouble:)
    (Check how it behaves on the HVR-4400 also)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My apologies for the delay Nogge69 - I had a *very* long day at work. Its 2am and I just got home...

Nevertheless, here is the test file that I promised. The instructions are the same as before...

Attachments

• TVLibrary(v0.2)[1.2.0b_wintv_ci].zip
      159.4 KB

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    mm,

Upgraded my main server and one of my client pc's with 1.2.0B, and so far the testing have been good. Been running TV on the client for a couple of hours with only a minor problem(Could be something else). Really the only problem I've experienced, was trying to switch from a HD freeview channel to a Scrambeled channel , via the program guide. It wouldn't switch channel. But stopping and starting the program(playback) fixed the problem and I haven't seen it since.

Logs attached.

Will continue to test to see if something pops up.

Thank you for your efforts so far!:D

Attachments

• log_TVLibrary(v0.2)[1.2.0b_wintv_ci].zip
      100.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for testing! :)

Been running TV on the client for a couple of hours with only a minor problem(Could be something else)
    Is it just me, or does the EPG scanner seem to be causing trouble when trying to grab EPG from "NTV NRK Klassisk"? Several times it looks like the TV Service stops during tuning or EPG grabbing from that channel. What was the minor problem?

I'd like to get this patch committed as fast as possible, but I'd also like to fix the "card linking" in TV Server configuration if you still have that problem. So the issue is that the setting doesn't "stick", and sometimes you get tuners listed several times. Is that right?

mm

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The minor problem seems to related to network or client problem, and nothing to do with the tv server. (Not sure yet)

I had the server and client run all night, and so far it seems to be working stable. :)

"NTV NRK Klassisk" is a Radio channel. I'm never using it, so if that's casing any problems, I'll remove it from my setup when I'm done testing.

Tested a bit on the CI menu under server setttings, and selecting between the cards seems to be working(not 100% sure since I'm currently using just the DVB-T), but I still get the "Repeting" list of the tuners in the CI menu, when i do any changes to the tuners/ci.
    (I couldn't get screendumps from my server at the moment???, but it's the same problem as in picture 6 in the file I attached in post #9)
    As soon as i exit the Server configuration tool and start it again, the list is back to normal, so i'ts not a showstopper.

As mentioned earlier I would be happy to donate my spare WinTV-CI if needed for testing.

Current log files attached.

Attachments

• log_log_TVLibrary(v0.2)[1.2.0b_wintv_ci]_2.zip
      177.7 KB

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mm.

Been testing more or less all weekend on the 1.2.0B with your new TVLibarary, and and it's been wery stable so far. Eaven more stable than on my previous 1.1.3 setup:)
    I'll leave my main server on 1.2.0B for now.(Running 24/7)
    Let me know if you need additional testing.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Nogge69

It's good to hear that 1.2.0b is stable for you. :)

I am not satisfied with only fixing the WinTV CI decryption. As promised, I have attempted to fix the buggy tuner assignment in TV Server configuration. Please can you try it out and see if it works for you. Note that I have removed the need for the WinTV CI.xml configuration file (so the assigned tuner will be not be set when you first open TV Server configuration with these test files). The solution is simply to choose the tuner again. After that you should have no further problems. No duplicate tuners listed, no forgetting which tuner it is assigned to, no assigning to the wrong tuner. If you see any of that then please let me know and I will make further changes.

Instructions for use:
    1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll, SetupControls.dll and SetupTv.exe files in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached files into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Start TV Server.
    5. Test. :)

Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• WinTV_CI_Full_Fix[1.2.0b].zip
      872.3 KB

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mm,

Backed up/replaced the files, and tested a few things which usually created "a long list".
    First check, the CI wasen't enabeled om any card. I guess as expected, so I choose the DVB-T, and it worked fine.
    Moved around on the priority of a few of the cards: No long list issue anymore, and CI is sticking to the choosen card:)
    Disabled the CI under DVB-T and enabled it on the DVB-S: Worked as expected. Only freeview channels on DVB-T available:)
    Re-enabled the CI on DVB-T etc: Work fine. Scrambled channels are back on line:)

I'll report back if something pops up, but to me, it seems like you hit both the problems spot on:D

Logs attached.

Best regards
    Nogge

Attachments

• log_WinTV_CI_Full_Fix[1.2.0b].zip
      415.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Nogge69

I hope you are well. :)
    This is just a quick note to say that I have now committed the fix and it will definitely be included in 1.2.0rc.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom