Screenshots of upcomming Moving Picture 1.0 support (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Here are some screenshots of upcoming Moving Picture 1.0 support in x-factor. I have gone on a bit different route then the other skins now available (category screen is like a dialog window and detail screen has tabs). Thank you bodiroga for the idea of using tabs in the design;)

EDIT;Spelling corrected, thanks Promark;)

Cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
      ScreenShot.jpg
      218.9 KB
    • ScreenShot001.jpg
      ScreenShot001.jpg
      492 KB
    • ScreenShot002.jpg
      ScreenShot002.jpg
      464.6 KB

Promark

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

cul8er, your spelling of upcoming reminds me, you also spelt it incorrectly in the scheduled tv recordings (if i remember correctly not in front to htpc at mo) it should only have one m in it.

I meant to let you know earlier but forgot all about it

Like the look of moving pics by the way

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    cul8er

Great work as always. I started with testing. Think I will leave my first comments here on the forum then other users can agree or disagree. Maybe I am only one to feel like this.

First impression is very good. However, after a few starts of the plugin, that 1st new screen, as in your 1st screenshot, starts to bother me. Most of the time when I enter MovingPictures I want to see the movies. Not select from submenu first.
    Don't get me wrong, it is very nice, but maybe, if possible, it should only ask once per MediaPortal session and then rather be accessible from a menu.
    What do you and other users think?

The tabs for Summary/Detail works great. Is it possible to focus "summary button" automatically first time? The summary screen is shown, but button not focussed before I make key press.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    From those very nice screen shots I have these questions/suggestions:

The backdrop in the first screen (The Holiday?), is it a randomly selected one from the fanart folder, or is it the first movie in the full list?
    The tabs look great, but which one is highlighted in that shot?

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi rekenaar,

Thanks for testing and your feedback. About the first screen. This is nothing that I can change in the skin. I can only skin how it should look like. In MP configuration you can choose if the category view should be used but if you have it checked it will show every time you enter the plugin. Perhaps I can add the skin property to remember last focused object. I will test and get back to you.

Focus on the detail view is set by the MP plugin to the Play button and I haven't found a way to change it and if I did the users wanting to play would have to go to the button instead of just pressing ok on the remote.

cheers
    cul8er

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    The tabs look great, but which one is highlighted in that shot?

The 2nd screenshot is the Summary tab.
    The 3rd screenshot is the Details tab.

The 2nd screenshot is basically my earlier suggestion to focus that Summary button.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Movie backdrop is controlled by Moving Picture (change when you select different items). In second image the first tab is selected but focus is on the Play button. Have no way of changing this, sorry.

best regards
    cul8er

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for testing and your feedback. About the first screen. This is nothing that I can change in the skin. I can only skin how it should look like. In MP configuration you can choose if the category view should be used but if you have it checked it will show every time you enter the plugin. Perhaps I can add the skin property to remember last focused object. I will test and get back to you.

aaahhhhh, silly me. Unchecking that option does indeed skip that screen. Problem now is that the filter menu is not nearly as nice as that screen. So now I can not use it at all. Only filter menu.

Focus on the detail view is set by the MP plugin to the Play button and I haven't found a way to change it and if I did the users wanting to play would have to go to the button instead of just pressing ok on the remote.
    Agree, Play is better to focus. Thank for clearing it up.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Possible to get that bottom black part of screenshot 2 & 3 same fading top as in music playing now screen?
    On second thought, maybe not a good idea. It is more a box than a solid black part, so it won't look as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom