Scrolling (patch included in MediaPortal RC2) (1 Viewer)

fk00gsr

Portal Member
April 18, 2010
Does anyone happen to have this patch so I can try it out and see if it solves my problems instead of moving to RC2?
Thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you be more specific? I have no idea what you're talking about.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry, I completely spaced out, but you should probably just upgrade to 1.1.2, it's considered a stable release.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This patch have been included for ages I think. But actually it has not helped me much. It got a bit better but there are still a huge difference in the scrolling of filmstripview in mov pics compared to tv series. In mov pics it is sluggish and in tv series it is smooth.

I have not bothered about this for a while. Maybe it has to do that the posters in tv series have lower resolution or smaller filesize? I have not checked. I am on latest mov pics and on MP 1.1.2 stable.

Any hints on how to get mov pics as smooth as tv series in filmstrip is appreciated.

Oh I am on a old old system for my HTPC Athlon XP 2200 :) but I have DXVA acceleration so I play 1080p movies without any problems.
Mediaportal is running along more or less perfect despite my old system.
Only flaw is the mov pics filmstrip view. Since it works in TV Series smoothly it should really work in mov pics.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Maybe it has to do that the posters in tv series have lower resolution or smaller filesize? I have not checked. I am on latest mov pics and on MP 1.1.2 stable.

Backup your artwork folder and run a batch tool on it that will reduce the cover and fanart images to the resolution you are actually using. Possibly tweak the compression rate to make filesize as small as possible (comparable to what MP-TVSeries images are).

There are options inside MovingPictures advanced settings to have this done automatically on import, but then you would have to delete your entire existing artwork collection to have it re-import with the new settings active. So using a batch tool will be much easier, and by backing up your existing artwork first, you can always undo any changes you do not like. If you search on the this forum you can find an old post from me where I wrote a batch file to do this, or you can use programs such as Paint Shop Pro that have batch processing options internal.

You can also tweak a lot of other MovingPictures advanced settings, such as the delay to load artwork, which will help a lot on any fast scrolling.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the tip. I tried. I think I had a lot of covers/backdrops from long time back which have not been resized correctly. Eventually it got better. I think so. :) I will try to switch back to original cover/backdrop to see if it was slower. (just to see if it was not a placebo effect).
    I might try the backdrop update delay as well.

mardup

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Toulouse
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Scrolling (patch included in MediaPortal RC2)

:sorry: for update this old post, put it seems that this scrolling problem is here again ... :(

I tried changing delays parameters in advanced settings, but not goods results ...

( I have all the latests versions of Media portal, moving pictures et Streamed MP )

Did someone notice the same thing ?

Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom