Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure if this is by design: If I start a creation of the picture database in Mediaportal configuration and exit I am unable to re run Configuration unless I reboot the computer. It also is much slower now for database/ thumb creation across a network. About 1 sec per file/thumbnail. I haven't tried yet to re run configuration after the thumbnail creation finishes as I have about 22,000 files.

Azzuro's point is a good one. Nothing should have changed with picture thumbs. Also, you have reported a problem without logs, so we have no way to know what is going on.

In the interest of keeping this thread clean and focused, any issues reported that do not relate to the changes in this thread will simply be deleted. This is necessary so that Scythe can sort the 'real' reports, and deal with problems.

Reports without logs/screenshots (logs are always necessary, screenshots may help in some situations) may also be deleted if there isn't enough information to be able to reproduce a problem.

You give us good clear bug reports. We'll try to give you software without bugs!!!

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Scythe42
    Done some testing and must say even with fullinstaller it's not working on my Setup.
    Still Trouble with Resolution as I described in the other thread.
    First Logs are from a clean Installation with Testbuild Installer. ---> Resolution dosen't fit.
    After full deinstallation I installed 1.3 Final ---> Everything worked as expected. Resolution fits, so no jerky playback. Logs attached.

I also can provide you Logs after uprading from 1.3 Final to new testbuild, but the result was the same as after clean install of testbuild.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Scythe42
    Done some testing and must say even with fullinstaller it's not working on my Setup.
    First Logs are from a clean Installation with Testbuild Installer. ---> Resolution dosen't fit.
    After full deinstallation I installed 1.3 Final ---> Everything worked as expected. Resolution fits, so no jerky playback. Logs attached.

I also can provide you Logs after uprading from 1.3 Final to new testbuild, but the result was the same as after clean install of testbuild.
    Need to find out what is different on your setup.

From the logs I cannot see something but I am not sure how it related to your setup. We probably need to collect some more data.

Please describe to me again:
    - How many displays?
    - What resolution does each display use?
    - More than one GPU used?
    - How are displays connected?
    - How are they positioned?
    - Which one is the primary one (screen shot of windows setup where you see 1, 2, 3 etc. helps)
    - On which do you start MP?
    - Where is the taskkbar positioned of Windows?
    - Screenshot of the whole windows desktop when it is wrong. Not just MP, that does not elp me.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Please describe to me again: - How many displays? - What resolution does each display use? - More than one GPU used? - How are displays connected? - How are they positioned? - Which one is the primary one (screen shot of windows setup where you see 1, 2, 3 etc. helps) - On which do you start MP? - Where is the taskkbar positioned of Windows? - Screenshot of the whole windows desktop when it is wrong. Not just MP, that does not elp me
    make this as template on #2 Post ?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does this build contain the music player rework as well? I will probably install this anyway and start some testing.

Emph

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

The other thread was closed because we can't keep track of everything. Please don't refer back to it. As I stated in the first post, describe all problems as if they were new.

"it doesn't work" does not help us fix it.

Sorry to be taking a hard line here, but Scythe is spending a lot of his free time working on this, and he deserves to have good clean reporting to minimise the time he needs to spend.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - Screenshot of the whole windows desktop when it is wrong. Not just MP, that does not elp me.

Screenshot I Can't provide right now cause i have now 1.3 Final installed. I'll upload it as soon as possible.

I've got an 2 display Setup

Screen 1:LCD-TV
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Connection: HDMI
    Position: Left
    Primary: No
    MP-Start: Yes
    Taskbar: No

Screen 2: LCD-Monitor
    Resolution: 1920x1200
    Connection: DVI-D
    Position: Right
    Primary: Yes
    MP-Start: No
    Takbar: Yes

Multi GPU: No, only an Radeon HD 6850 is used

EDIT: Second Screen attached, hope it helps

Attachments

• Screen-Setup.JPG
      Screen-Setup.JPG
      183.7 KB
    • Screen.PNG
      Screen.PNG
      4.4 MB
    Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    - System Specs : HTPC
    - How many displays : 1
    - What resolution does each display use : 1024x768
    - More than one GPU used : NO
    - How are displays connected : Svideo
    - Skin Used : Default

1st Log Files : All plugins which I use are enabled
    Minidisplay don't turn OFF (Atmowin & Atmolight are started)
    2013 04 19 MP1.3 scythe w plugin.rar

2nd Log files made with WatchDog : all plugins disabled and MP exit with ALT+F4 (no GUI Powermenu)
    Minidisplay seems to be turning OFF without issue. (tested 2 times)
    MediaPortalLogs_19_04_13__23_27.zip

MediaPortalLogs_19_04_13__23_36.zip

3rt LOG files made with WatchDog : Plugin enabled excepted Atmolight & Atmowin
    Minidisplay turn OFF : OK
    MediaPortalLogs_19_04_13__23_44.zip

4* LOG files made with WatchDog : Plugin enabled (Atmolight = OFF / Atmowin= ON)
    Minidisplay turn OFF = OK
    MediaPortalLogs_19_04_13__23_58.zip

5* LOG files made with WatchDog : Plugin enabled (Atmolight = ON / Atmowin= ON)
    Minidisplay turn OFF = WRONG
    MediaPortalLogs_20_04_13__00_01.zip

6* LOG files made with WatchDog : Plugin enabled (Atmolight = ON / Atmowin= OFF)
    Minidisplay turn OFF = WRONG
    MediaPortalLogs_20_04_13__00_05.zip

Atmolight plugin seems to be the Big Bad Wolf (for me !) @disaster123 you use Ambilight system ?

@Owlsroost: if you has interested, many log from DvbSub3 in 1st Log !

Edit : I need (should) to test with patched Core (@legnod : have you make it ? )

Attachments

• 2013 04 19 MP1.3 scythe w plugin.rar
      130.3 KB
    Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah i got one...working fine more me but i dont use the mini display if you want to test it... LINK

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom