[TV] SD and HD channels are tuned only after 2nd attempt if transponder is changed (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Note also that when I try BBC HD, the channel switches and works fine for about 4 seconds. Then the image freezes (sound is OK). MP closed down.

had this problem also, with the newest svn (1.0.4.23978) something in TsReader.ax changed, with causes troubles with HDTV decoding with DXVA, i manually changed the TsReader.ax to the one from the svn build before (1.0.4.23908) and it was working as expected...

Known issue. Please tell all the codecs that you have tested and what the results are.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    tourettes said:
    Known issue. Please tell all the codecs that you have tested and what the results are.

For some reason, switching now appears to work fine, and is a little quicker too! Hmmm, I didn't touch anything but overnight it seems to have resolved itself. Are there any settings in config that effect the switching speed?

Codecs (I assume these are the H264 video decoder options under MP Config - TV General?) tested include:
    1. ATI Mpeg video decoder - crashes MP.
    2. Cyberlink H264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8) - works 'best? .The video freezes after 3-4 seconds but audio is OK.
    3. DivX Decoder - black screen, audio OK.
    4. DivX H264 decoder - as above.
    In all cases the MPEG2 decoder is PDVD8. I tried setting both MPEG2 and H264 to the ATI decoder, and this made no difference (BBC HD crashed MP).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Codecs (I assume these are the H264 video decoder options under MP Config - TV General?) tested include:
    1. ATI Mpeg video decoder - crashes MP.

No clue, could be a bug in the codec.

2. Cyberlink H264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8) - works 'best? .The video freezes after 3-4 seconds but audio is OK.

I'll upload a new TsReader to be tested at some point.

3. DivX Decoder - black screen, audio OK.
    4. DivX H264 decoder - as above.

Known issue: 0002280: TsReader won't work with DivX as H.264 decoder - MediaPortal Bugtracker

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi tourettes. Have you had the time to create a new tsreader yet?

Here's a quickly patched TsReader.ax. Please upload the TsReader.log after you have tried it with Cyberlink H.264 decoder.

Attachments

• TsReader.zip
      30.6 KB

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tried the new tsreader. The picture is now wierd looking on the lower part of the screen. I have attached tsreader.log

Thanks for your help

Mylle

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tried the new tsreader. The picture is now wierd looking on the lower part of the screen. I have attached tsreader.log

Could you check with graphedit that the MPC-HC H.264 filter was not used? As it has such corruption with TsReader. If not I'll continue some more test binaries (pretty slow as I cannot test the issue myself).

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Will do, but i do not have the MPC-HC H264 filter installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom