Second Audio Channel (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

I like to record my dvd's to AVI's with two audio channels generally the main audio and then the director's comments. In Media Player Classic I can switch between audio channels, is there a way to do this in the MP movie player?

ssubo

Portal Member
January 15, 2005
Movie with 2 audio channels? How can I play just 1?

I have a movie with 2 audio streams, and MP plays both of them at the same time. In WMP I can select one or the other. How can I do this in MP?

Thanks,

Ssubo

Brainscanner

Portal Member
September 8, 2005
I don't know if your question is still up to date, but I just found a way to switch the audio channel.
In the mce skin press the yellow button on your Hauppauge remote (or the button to display the lower status bar where you can see the length of your movie, your position and the different buttons). Take the last of these buttons with the speaker on it. There you can change the language.

moh

Portal Member
February 12, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi *,
I have the same problem.
When trying to play an .avi containing two mp3-streams, _both_ of them are played (in my case: german + english). I didn't find a way to switch between the audio channels - the 'button with the speaker on it' doesn't provide this functionality.
I think the default should be that if there is more then one audio channel, only the first one should be played. And a way to switch to the others would be a nice option.
Is it possible to implement or does the latest cvs already contain this features?

thanks and regards,
moh

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you have to install the Haali Media Splitter:
    http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/

Then only one stream is played and in the MCE skin youn can switch the streams as Brainscanner described. Do not know, why this has been taken out of the BlueTwo skin.

Works on my machine without problems. :)

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently switched to be the main channel), but the graph stays the same in any of the possible scenarios. N.
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently...
    I had this problem in MP1, and could never solve it, which prompted me to switch to MP2, in which, blessedly, I did not have the...
    Replies
    Views
    Multiple Movies in any Single Video File Won't Scrap! All my Drive-In Videos, have multiple movies and won't scrap, it doesn't matter what container they are in. Drive-in - Ads + Short + Movie 1 + Movie2.mp4 It doesn't matter if its Double, Triple or Marathon Feature (Many Movies) scrapers just cant find any art or info. If I cut...
    Multiple Movies in any Single Video File Won't Scrap! All my Drive-In Videos, have multiple movies and won't scrap, it doesn't...
    I Just noticed that ISO's with two or more Movies, The Scrapers don't index any Graphics or Info if the ISO is named as: Movie...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom