Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yeah, but I do not want a iPhone only interface. Now there also is a PDA interface. I wanted to make a additional iPhone interface :)

And another reason to use another webserver is because this one isn't really stable :(

Ah, so you want to make an iPhone interface for this plugin. I also tried that (and failed) which is why I started iPiMP. What is it that this plugin does that iPiMP doesn't?

And yes - the lack of a 'proper' web server is restrictive, that's why iPiMP uses Apache.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, but I do not want a iPhone only interface. Now there also is a PDA interface. I wanted to make a additional iPhone interface :)

And another reason to use another webserver is because this one isn't really stable :(

Ah, so you want to make an iPhone interface for this plugin. I also tried that (and failed) which is why I started iPiMP. What is it that this plugin does that iPiMP doesn't?

And yes - the lack of a 'proper' web server is restrictive, that's why iPiMP uses Apache.
Well.. iPIMP is only for iPhone isn't it? Or is there also a 'desktop pc' theme?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
iPiMP is really for smartphones (not just the iPhone), it doesn't have a desktop interface although it does work well in the chrome browser. You may also want to look at MPWebServices - MediaPortal Forum but that again doesn't use a full web server but is more likely to serve css and js.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
iPiMP is really for smartphones (not just the iPhone), it doesn't have a desktop interface although it does work well in the chrome browser. You may also want to look at MPWebServices - MediaPortal Forum but that again doesn't use a full web server but is more likely to serve css and js.
Yah, I know MPWebServices. It wasn't really it. This is better :)

I may help you with the desktop version of iPIMP.. ?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Any help would be great. There is a place holder in iPiMP for a desktop interface as it's another thing on my list of things to do but is a bit out of my league and so is not the highest priority.

Have a look at the source and let me know what you think.

PontusBerg

Portal Member
September 29, 2009
Spånga
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I like the Web Interface a lot. I'm sure it has flaws but it does it's trick for me, until this recent update where I could no longer record series. I have done the classical error - fiddle, with no bread crumbs laid out to take me back ...

Could someone briefly describe hat the standard set-up on mptvdb -> schedule -> series is supposed to look?

I have:
Datatype: bit(1)
Not null: ticked
Autoinc: Not ticked
Flags: Unsigned
Default value: 'b'0''
Comment: Blank

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Does anyone know if Big_Kev release the source anywhere? There may be others that can take up the challenge!

RedTop

July 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Few days ago I got a word from Big_Kev that he's been busy but he's about to release new .Net based version of mp-web-interface.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't know if anyone reads this thread still... but I recently switched to 1.1.0.0 RC5 and made a clean reinstall, mit MySQL 5.1. However, when I try to schedule something over the web interface, I get this SQL error:
    Error: [AnyDAC][Phys][MySQL][LIBMYSQL] Field 'series' doesn't have a default value
    Don't really know what to do here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom