Self Contained Web Server / Interface (8 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi Kev,

here is the German translation of the strings. Hope everything is correct.

There are some typos in the English strings i thing. Always is written with two L's and sometimes in the strings "Every Time ... " you change the upper and lower case.

MfG Jarod
Hi Jarod,

:D Thanks for the translation!:D

It would be great if you could do the HTML pages as well, then I can create a German install.

Regards
Kev

New Version 0.1.0.14

Change suggested by skiingwiz - now shows available space in GB where appropriate.

Minor fixes to translation... I fixed the "Allways" thing. If you are editing the MPTranslate.ini file directly - don't change things on the left of the "=" as the program looks for these strings to replace them (even if they are not correct!), just put your preferred message in on the right or use the Manager program.

Don't forget, you can use this facility to change the wording for English as well!

Regards
Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
German Language Version Now Available!

Hi Kev,

so i'm finished the translation of the html files. Hope i did everything right.
And now i can go to bed. *gg*

Mfg Jarod

:D :D :D :D :D

Fantastic! Thanks so much!

Hi All,

Thanks to Jarod's late night efforts, there is now a German version of the Web Interface.

Just download the installer again (I did not change the version number), and select the option for German when it first opens.

DON'T FORGET TO SELECT TO INSTALL ALL OF THE HTML PAGES AGAIN!
- these have all been translated by Jarod.

Anyone else who wants to send a translation for another language, I would be happy to include it in the installer!

Regards
Kev.

OgdenP

Portal Pro
August 12, 2007
Home Country
Big_Kev,

I've just installed v0.1.0.14 on my HTPC for the first time (never tried any previous versions).

A couple of comments...

1. There is a minor typo in the installer: "MySQL dll (MySQL only - if not on installing onTV Server PC)". I suggest this should read "MySQL dll (MySQL only - if not installing on TV Server PC)"

2. I followed the instructions and set up the MS SQL account OK and ran the installation, choosing English, which seemed to succeed. After installation, when it was supposed to run the Web Manager, it failed with the message "Cannot open file C:\Program Files\MP Web Interface\MPTranslate.ini". On checking, this file definitely did not yet exist.

I then ran the uninstallation procedure, which informed me that it was unable to uninstall everything. I then re-ran the installation. This time it gave me the message that it was updating the translation file and everything continued as expected.

EDIT: I just tried unistalling totally and removing all references to MP Web Interface from the registry and the installer did the same thing. It appears that the installer may be assuming the existence of a key in the registry that doesn't exist on the very first installation.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am definitely looking forward to the IIS plugin as I can not access alternate ports through my companies firewalls....for some reason Telstra are security freaks:D

OgdenP

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    After tinkering around with this utility, I am very impressed. Having come from using webscheduler, it was the one thing I found I missed - the convenience of a web interface.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Kev,

I did a quick translation of the strings to Swedish, see attachment. I hope you can incorporate this into the installation as well.

/Peter
    Thanks Peter!,

Could you have a look at the HTML pages as well so I can make a full install?

Tomorrow sometime I will be uploading a new version with translation strings for the manager program as well.

Regards
    Kev

Big_Kev,

I've just installed v0.1.0.14 on my HTPC for the first time (never tried any previous versions).

A couple of comments...

1. There is a minor typo in the installer: "MySQL dll (MySQL only - if not on installing onTV Server PC)". I suggest this should read "MySQL dll (MySQL only - if not installing on TV Server PC)"

2. I followed the instructions and set up the MS SQL account OK and ran the installation, choosing English, which seemed to succeed. After installation, when it was supposed to run the Web Manager, it failed with the message "Cannot open file C:\Program Files\MP Web Interface\MPTranslate.ini". On checking, this file definitely did not yet exist.

I then ran the uninstallation procedure, which informed me that it was unable to uninstall everything. I then re-ran the installation. This time it gave me the message that it was updating the translation file and everything continued as expected.

EDIT: I just tried unistalling totally and removing all references to MP Web Interface from the registry and the installer did the same thing. It appears that the installer may be assuming the existence of a key in the registry that doesn't exist on the very first installation.
    Thanks for the feedback, it has been a while since I have done a "clean" install. I will check it out.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey Big_Kev, I think I have another small issue :)
    I'm in Peru at the moment, and the internet in the hotel is a "little" bit slow.
    When I try and view the TV guide sometimes the page times out. When this happens, the web server seems to be dead and I have to restart the service from the web server management console.

This has happened a couple of times, but I haven't been able to upload any logs or anything due to the painful connections.

Basically, to recreate:
    1) go to TV guide on a very bad internet connection.
    2) scroll through a couple of days (click next or select a date from the drop down)
    3) if a page takes a long time to load or seems to be stuck, click a different page from the arrows that are still on the screen.
    4)you'll now get a "IE cannot load this page" type error message.
    5) the error will persist until the web service is re-started.

Hope this helps, sorry for the lack on any logs or anything...

Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom