Self Contained Web Server / Interface (3 Viewers)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi zukex,

I got a similar behaviour a while ago when I was displaying the TV guide in the default (vertical?) format. I then changed to horizontal mode and it works OK. I sent my db to Kev to look at but I'm not sure he has found this issue yet.

BTW the only way I got around the problem was to restart the webserver.

/Peter

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There is a problem in Vista where you get an error message "Cannot open file \TimeFormats.txt." if trying to open MP Web Manager as a normal user. You'll have to right click and select Run as administrator to run the manager. Perhaps the application should be forced to run as administrator in Vista?

Is it possible to choose to not load logos when in PDA mode? I wouldn't wanna download them over GPRS :)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    is anyone else getting 100% CPU usage and growing ram usage sometimes when opening the TV Guide?

i do get it, a few days ago it happened when i tried to access guide from 5.10.2007 or beyond, now it happens for today too... and the web interface stops responding too, and i have no clue what causes it
    Vertical or Horizontal View?

There could be some issues with the EPG data having some combinations that I have not allowed for - causing the program to loop.

If it has been happening on some days, this could be the cause.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.1.1.3

Is it possible to choose to not load logos when in PDA mode? I wouldn't wanna download them over GPRS :)

Thanks for the suggestion

New version gives you the option not to dowmload logos in PDA view. See the "logos" page in the Manager program.

Regards
    Kev

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Kev

Currently we are able to select a TV group while editing user-preferences in the configuration-program.

Will it be possible to add the following functionality:
    Add a dropdown box with all TV groups on the page where the schedule is displayed. Maybe underneath or above the time-radio-boxes. If the user is not limited by the configuration-program, he can then change the group he views on the fly, without changing it in the configuration-program.

What do you think?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Kev

Currently we are able to select a TV group while editing user-preferences in the configuration-program.

Will it be possible to add the following functionality:
    Add a dropdown box with all TV groups on the page where the schedule is displayed. Maybe underneath or above the time-radio-boxes. If the user is not limited by the configuration-program, he can then change the group he views on the fly, without changing it in the configuration-program.

What do you think?
    It should not be too difficult, I will give it a go and get back to you...

Regards
    Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.1.1.4

New Features:
    • Select channel groups from the guide page - new drop down box :D Rekenaar
    Changes:
    • Some changes to navigation on guide page to hopefully clean things up a little when jumping from date to date.
    Regards
    Kev

OgdenP

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Big_Kev,

I've been using this for a while now and am finding it invaluable. I really could not do without it now. Nevertheless, there are a couple of niggling little things that I was wondering if you could address If/When you have time (these things really are just "nice to have", not essential).

Firstly a little bit of background... I mostly use your web interface on a very old PC (usually while the kids are using my normal PC), I am using the vertical list layout and mostly using IE 7.0 (though I do use Firefox on other PC's).

As I am often browsing through the entire week's programming on this older PC with a poor display, I have to do a fair bit of scrolling. I was wondering if you might be able to duplicate the menu buttons that you have at the top of the list again at the bottom? This would allow me to easily move to the next page after scanning down through the page without having to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page.

Also, when I open an entry to read the description of a movie or whatever, the back button doesn't take me back to the page I was on, but actually back to the first day. Can this be made to return to where I clicked on the description (or is this something to do with the way IE has been configured)?

Thanks once again for this utility. It is a pearler! :D

EDIT: I just re-read your last post and realised that you said that you had changed some of the navigation. I haven't yet tried 0.1.1.4, so if you have already addressed these things, I apologise.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Kev

I can't see the new dropdown for channel groups. Hope I am not missing something obvious.
    I just installed new version over previous version - is this a problem?
    I have two groups defined and I am able to see them in MP.

Searching for the problem, I just thought of another suggestion. Can we have the version number visible somewhere? Maybe in the setup-program as well on the main menu web screen?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom