Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
this was my experience so far:
install to c:\program files\mediaportal\MP Web Interface

this was my experience so far:
install to c:\program files\mediaportal\MP Web Interface
lots of illegal operations from the web server
config runs
web interface will not login saying that it could not connect to the server
install and reinstall to the default folder
mptranslate.ini (or something like that) is still installed to the previous folder
uninstall and remove left over registry keys, reinstall
now several files are installed to the app folder several to c:\ and timeformats.text is installed to the app folder but expected in c:\
service will not run at all
still trying to find a way to make it work.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
I got it working a bit better, files in the proper places and the login page works. when running on XP it will not connect to the server and when running on server 2003 inside VMware I got the main menu but nothing worked except for checking the TV server status

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Big_Kev, installed the Version 0.1.1.4 - 5/10/07 on a clean computer, installation went fine(default options used), started config & it complained about missing "MPTranslate.ini". I made a file called that & re run installation & this time config started, configured according to pdf & restarted, but nothing runs under http://mycomputername:8080.

Do i need to install something else as bottom installation(only use XP pro on comp)?

Regards
    Roy

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    second that ronilse, got exactly the same problem.

netstat don't show that the port is open

EDIT: Tried the previous version. The translation strings are there, but still nothing in explorer/firefox.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Rekenaar,

Did you select to install the latest HTML files for 0.1.1.4? There should be a "!!!GroupList!!!" entry in the page text.

If it is there, then I may have stuffed up the installer.

I will put in the version number display.

Kev

I can't see the new dropdown for channel groups. Hope I am not missing something obvious.
    I just installed new version over previous version - is this a problem?
    I have two groups defined and I am able to see them in MP.

Searching for the problem, I just thought of another suggestion. Can we have the version number visible somewhere? Maybe in the setup-program as well on the main menu web screen?

thank you

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I were having the same problem as ronilse and j1nx but after starting and stopping the service, and sometimes killing it off with task manager I could get it to work a little bit

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Big_Kev, installed the Version 0.1.1.4 - 5/10/07 on a clean computer, installation went fine(default options used), started config & it complained about missing "MPTranslate.ini". I made a file called that & re run installation & this time config started, configured according to pdf & restarted, but nothing runs under http://mycomputername:8080.

Do i need to install something else as bottom installation(only use XP pro on comp)?

Regards
    Roy

Hi Roy,

Does it say "Server Running" down in the bottom left of the configuration program? If no, does the server start when you click on "Start Server"?

If yes, did the "Reset" button work correctly on the "Logos" page of the configuration? - This would indicate that the database connected correctly, so it is not a log on problem with MSSQL.

If yes to the previous 2 questions, then it may be a firewall problem. Can you configure the Web Server to run on port 80 (be sure to reset the server after changing the port), then try http://localhost on the PC where the Web Interface is installed.

Check that MPWebInt.exe is listed as an allowed program in your firewall (an "exception" in Windows Firewall).

Are you getting a blank screen when you go to http://computername:8080, or an error screen.

A blank screen would indicate that it has found the server, but it has not served a page (connection error to SQL database). An error screen would indicate that it can not connect to the Web Server at all.

DON'T USE THE "TvScheduler" OPTION - it is only for testing at the moment!

Regards
    Kev

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    Big Kev,

I'm having the same problems, I tried it on 2 different PC's same thing, the web server is running, firewall is off & I've tried it on port 80 also plus resetting the server after each change, internet explorer says cannot display the webpage.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Does it say "Server Running" down in the bottom left of the configuration program? If no, does the server start when you click on "Start Server"?

Yes the server is running. The program says so, as well the services.msc from windows

If yes, did the "Reset" button work correctly on the "Logos" page of the configuration? - This would indicate that the database connected correctly, so it is not a log on problem with MSSQL.

Haven't done anything with the logos yet

If yes to the previous 2 questions, then it may be a firewall problem. Can you configure the Web Server to run on port 80 (be sure to reset the server after changing the port), then try http://localhost on the PC where the Web Interface is installed.

Tried a lot of ports and the firewall is off

Are you getting a blank screen when you go to http://computername:8080, or an error screen.

A blank screen would indicate that it has found the server, but it has not served a page (connection error to SQL database). An error screen would indicate that it can not connect to the Web Server at all.

It is an error page

As an addition. If you type "netstat -an" on the cmd line, it won't show an instance running on the specified port number.

btw, i'm running XP Pro SP2, fully updated.

Are there any logs? Can't find them.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes it shows that it is running & a restart it's done when i use "save" button.

Yup reset in Logos page works without errors.

Check that MPWebInt.exe is listed as an allowed program in your firewall (an "exception" in Windows Firewall).

It isn't the firewall that prevents this, localhost doesn't show up anything either, in IE only a error page with nothing found, cannot find server & a further check says nothing it's run on that port...

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom