Self Contained Web Server / Interface | Page 24

Discussion in 'WebService and Mobile Access' started by Big_Kev, August 31, 2007.

1. risu
    • Premium Supporter

risu MP Donator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Hi Kev,
    I've started modding my web interface layout and found out few things:

Now that I've put menu on top of all pages I can't get web interface version number anywhere but mainmenu, and I'm not using it as I want to get to program guide instantly when I open the page. Could there be a check on all pages for !!!Version!!! ?

Guide doesn't change date at 4.00 AM as it should with new vertical layout.

When you set a recording from guide, it would be logical that when you select the same entry again, you'd get shown detailrec.htm instead of detail.htm. Then user could cancel recording from guide instead of having to go to scheduled recordings. In my case as I'm using javascript pop ups, it would be great if you could do this with same showrec-html link automatically (webint would determine internally which html-page to load, not by entering different link to guide which would make things more difficuilt again).

I like keeping things simple, minimize needed menus etc so I'd like to be able change recording priority withing scheluder recordings. In fact priority screen with added program details would do for me, at least there could be an option?

For some reason, time and dates on program guide are always from on same format like "13.october.2007" instead of my preferred settings, this happened after you made time&date settings simples on setup. Before I could manually get it show stuff like weekdays there. I'm currently using 0.1.2.0 so I don't know if this has been corrected already.

Thanks again for this great piece of software!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. level20peon
    • Premium Supporter

level20peon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Big_Kev,

could you widen this field since it cuts the german translation because it is too small for it.

[​IMG]

-level20peon

4. risu
    • Premium Supporter

risu MP Donator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Is there a way making program guide entry like on new vertical view with Webint manager? I only need to add that javascript to original. So far with code below I get extra TD-fields I can't get rid of (it adds rows between progams making whole guide long) + I can't make programs currently on bolded. It also doesn't shorten program names (though I'd prefer getting rid of that nowrap and use of fixed table columnwidth for TV-channels).

Code (Text):
    1. <tr><th width=5%>!!!StartTime!!!</th>
    2. <td id="title" nowrap>
    3. <a href="javascript:load('showdetail?ID=!!!ProgID!!!')">!!!Title!!!</a>!!!RecordImage!!!</td>
    4. </tr>

5. risu
    • Premium Supporter

risu MP Donator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Here's a sample of my WIP to give better picture what I'm after. Dirty html-code I know but I'm no webdesigner :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. jerma

jerma Portal Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Hi Kev.

Just a quick info on the Channel Groups. As i change a channel group, the day resets to current. I would like it to stay on the date i'm on...

:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. est68

est68 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Great work !!! Installed it, used it, works !!!

If I could request an additional feature, I would like to have "onmouseover" screens (like MP WebInterface) in the Guide for the different movie entries.

So I do not need to click on each show to get the description.

Would obviously also helpful to switch it one or off in the configuration (since it makes the page much larger)

Thanks a lot for this great work !!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    I am not sure at the moment what the problem is - the only difference is some translation stuff.

Try loading 0.1.2.4 again and let me know if that works - then I'll know I have stuffed something up in the translations.

Regards
    Kev

9. mruane

mruane Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Kev, Can you provide access on your download site to previous versions. I do not have 1.2.4.

PS Don't worry - I figured out how to get the older versions.

Update:
    Kev, I now have the issue resolved. It appears that the database permissions became confused. When I logged onto the database using the "web" login, I could not see any of the TVLibrary tables, so it had to be a permissions issue. I reset the MS SQL Server 2005 Express Login attributes for "web" according to your documentation and the program started to work normally. It also no longer generates the exception error I reported above.

Not sure what happened to the permissions though...

Cheers Mike

10. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    This looks very good.

Thanks for your work and ideas.

I originally did not include the MP logo into the html templates as I thought it would be a bit pretentious for my little project. But I really like the look of what you are working on, so If the MP gurus don't mind, we could look at re-designing the non-PDA html template pages that are included in the install.

Regards
    Kev

Try enclosing this code in a table tag with id=prog...

Code (Text):
    1. <table id=prog width=100%><tr><th width=5%>!!!StartTime!!!</th>
    2. <td id="title" nowrap>
    3. <a href="javascript:load('showdetail?ID=!!!ProgID!!!')">!!!Title!!!</a>!!!RecordImage!!!</td>
    4. </tr><table>
    The custom HTML is placed into a detail cell in the main program guide table. So creating a table in the cell should make it space correctly.
    Kev

11. cheezey

cheezey Community Plugin Dev

Technical architect
    Ratings:
    +315 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great progress on this, a couple of points/questions ...

1. I get strange behaviour when navigating around in horizontal view, changing the time slots being viewed (00:00 - 06:00 -> 06:00 - 12:00 etc) reverts the page back to todays date if I've used the 'Prev' and 'Next' buttons to change the date being viewed. If I select the date being viewed using the dropdownlist the changing the time slot works as expected, i.e. shows the new time slot on the selected date.

2. I have channels which have been scanned but not selected in MP, whilst these are not shown in MP they are shown in the guide - with empty data as I do not collect EPG for them. Can such channels be ignored by the web interface?

3. I can't seem to get the channel logos working - it may be me but I can't add anything into the logo table. [EDIT] - DOH!! as per usual reading the comprehensive setup manual helps :confused: !!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!