Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Kev,
    I've started modding my web interface layout and found out few things:

Now that I've put menu on top of all pages I can't get web interface version number anywhere but mainmenu, and I'm not using it as I want to get to program guide instantly when I open the page. Could there be a check on all pages for !!!Version!!! ?

Guide doesn't change date at 4.00 AM as it should with new vertical layout.

When you set a recording from guide, it would be logical that when you select the same entry again, you'd get shown detailrec.htm instead of detail.htm. Then user could cancel recording from guide instead of having to go to scheduled recordings. In my case as I'm using javascript pop ups, it would be great if you could do this with same showrec-html link automatically (webint would determine internally which html-page to load, not by entering different link to guide which would make things more difficuilt again).

I like keeping things simple, minimize needed menus etc so I'd like to be able change recording priority withing scheluder recordings. In fact priority screen with added program details would do for me, at least there could be an option?

For some reason, time and dates on program guide are always from on same format like "13.october.2007" instead of my preferred settings, this happened after you made time&date settings simples on setup. Before I could manually get it show stuff like weekdays there. I'm currently using 0.1.2.0 so I don't know if this has been corrected already.

Thanks again for this great piece of software!

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big_Kev,

could you widen this field since it cuts the german translation because it is too small for it.

wi.gif

-level20peon

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is there a way making program guide entry like on new vertical view with Webint manager? I only need to add that javascript to original. So far with code below I get extra TD-fields I can't get rid of (it adds rows between progams making whole guide long) + I can't make programs currently on bolded. It also doesn't shorten program names (though I'd prefer getting rid of that nowrap and use of fixed table columnwidth for TV-channels).

Code:
    <tr><th width=5%>!!!StartTime!!!</th>
    <td id="title" nowrap>
    <a href="javascript:load('showdetail?ID=!!!ProgID!!!')">!!!Title!!!</a>!!!RecordImage!!!</td>
    </tr>

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here's a sample of my WIP to give better picture what I'm after. Dirty html-code I know but I'm no webdesigner :)

jerma

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Vaasa
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Kev.

Just a quick info on the Channel Groups. As i change a channel group, the day resets to current. I would like it to stay on the date i'm on...

:D

est68

Portal Member
    May 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great work !!! Installed it, used it, works !!!

If I could request an additional feature, I would like to have "onmouseover" screens (like MP WebInterface) in the Guide for the different movie entries.

So I do not need to click on each show to get the description.

Would obviously also helpful to switch it one or off in the configuration (since it makes the page much larger)

Thanks a lot for this great work !!!! :D

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Kev

Must have missed something. After installing v1.2.6 I get a "cannot display page" error from IE after selecting the "Show Program Guide" button. In fact all of the button generate the same error. Has there been a dependency added that I could have missed. PS all was working fine in v1.0.14 but seems to have failed after moving to v1.2.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS The only menu option that works as expected is - TV Service Status... Plus I am now getting a number of Errors in the Event log i.e. szAppName : MPWebInt.exe szAppVer : 0.1.0.2 szModName : kernel32.dll
    szModVer : 5.1.2600.3119 offset : 00012a5b.

Cheers Mike
    I am not sure at the moment what the problem is - the only difference is some translation stuff.

Try loading 0.1.2.4 again and let me know if that works - then I'll know I have stuffed something up in the translations.

Regards
    Kev

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Kev, Can you provide access on your download site to previous versions. I do not have 1.2.4.

PS Don't worry - I figured out how to get the older versions.

Update:
    Kev, I now have the issue resolved. It appears that the database permissions became confused. When I logged onto the database using the "web" login, I could not see any of the TVLibrary tables, so it had to be a permissions issue. I reset the MS SQL Server 2005 Express Login attributes for "web" according to your documentation and the program started to work normally. It also no longer generates the exception error I reported above.

Not sure what happened to the permissions though...

Cheers Mike

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Here's a sample of my WIP to give better picture what I'm after. Dirty html-code I know but I'm no webdesigner :)
    This looks very good.

Thanks for your work and ideas.

I originally did not include the MP logo into the html templates as I thought it would be a bit pretentious for my little project. But I really like the look of what you are working on, so If the MP gurus don't mind, we could look at re-designing the non-PDA html template pages that are included in the install.

Regards
    Kev

Is there a way making program guide entry like on new vertical view with Webint manager? I only need to add that javascript to original. So far with code below I get extra TD-fields I can't get rid of (it adds rows between progams making whole guide long) + I can't make programs currently on bolded. It also doesn't shorten program names (though I'd prefer getting rid of that nowrap and use of fixed table columnwidth for TV-channels).

Code:
    <tr><th width=5%>!!!StartTime!!!</th>
    <td id="title" nowrap>
    <a href="javascript:load('showdetail?ID=!!!ProgID!!!')">!!!Title!!!</a>!!!RecordImage!!!</td>
    </tr>

Try enclosing this code in a table tag with id=prog...

Code:
    <table id=prog width=100%><tr><th width=5%>!!!StartTime!!!</th>
    <td id="title" nowrap>
    </tr><table>

The custom HTML is placed into a detail cell in the main program guide table. So creating a table in the cell should make it space correctly.
    Kev

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great progress on this, a couple of points/questions ...

1. I get strange behaviour when navigating around in horizontal view, changing the time slots being viewed (00:00 - 06:00 -> 06:00 - 12:00 etc) reverts the page back to todays date if I've used the 'Prev' and 'Next' buttons to change the date being viewed. If I select the date being viewed using the dropdownlist the changing the time slot works as expected, i.e. shows the new time slot on the selected date.

2. I have channels which have been scanned but not selected in MP, whilst these are not shown in MP they are shown in the guide - with empty data as I do not collect EPG for them. Can such channels be ignored by the web interface?

3. I can't seem to get the channel logos working - it may be me but I can't add anything into the logo table. [EDIT] - DOH!! as per usual reading the comprehensive setup manual helps :confused: !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom