Self Contained Web Server / Interface (3 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hey,

The fact that all the screens are customisable is fantastic, and I'm sure it wont be long before either you or someone else redesigns some of the screens to make them a bit fancier. I would like to see the TV Guide screen look more like this:

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/TV/static/MelbourneNight.html

Which is a website I use quite often to find out what's on tv. Note: I use firefox with adblock to remove all the junk from the above page.
Version 0.0.0.9

First draft of the horizontal program guide display.... This made my brain hurt!!

In the Configuratoin program, on the appearance tab, select the Horizontal Display option.

guidemain.htm has been changed slightly, so if you have edited that page, you will have to add in the changes - they are only minor - see "!!!TimeSpan!!!" added in and header table increased to 50% width...

As usual if you have made any changes to HTML pages, back them up first as they will be overwritten.

:sorry: Sorry but I still have not tracked down the annoying bug causing the service to GPF when you stop it if you have used it in the last 10 minutes (session timeout). I will keep looking!

If you open the Manager, stop the service, clear the errors and close the manager again before installing, it will install without any hassles (not that doing this first is not a hassle!)

Regards
Kev

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hi there.
    I'm still overseas, but looking very forward to trying this out.
    From the rate of development, it may be v5.0 that I will be installing. You're pretty amazing...

I have a couple of suggestions, but not sure if these are silly things, since I havent been able to try it yet.

1) TV cards - do you have access to the status of tv cards? May be good to have a screen that shows which cards are idle and which are active. Just might be nice to get this sort of info.
    2) Stats - is it possible to give the amount of disk space left on the recording drives? would be good to know that when checking in and scheduling recording from external.
    3) is there a way to have the login page on an external web page? I haven't looked to close and can't do any experimenting at the moment, but would like to embed tht on an external site. Probably not that important, these are just off the wall thoughts.
    4) Connections - is there a way to show which clients are connectd to the database? kind of a bit of extra info from the TV turner status request.

That's just a bit of brainstorming I cam up with. I figure since we are looking in from outside the house in most instances, it could be good to know some technical information as well.

Regards, and thanks for what appears to be a great app for MP (going by everyone elses reactions).

Marcus.

midiboy

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Hi Big_Kev,

great project, thanks. A few things I noticed with 0.0.0.7 (first version I tried):

1. The program guide only shows the programs from the current system time and later but not earlier. Right now it is 10pm here and the first program displayed is from 10pm.

2. Clicking on next in the program guide opens a blank page with a HTTP 500 "Internal Servererror" Same happens when going to another date in the program guide. Tried with Firefox, IE6 and IE7. Only the same day is displayed properly.

3. The channels displayed are the ones MP Server found and named during the channel scan. Those are wrong mostly (at least in my case). Would it be possible to display the "display names" instead ?

Thanks for your work !
    midiboy

Could you give me some more info?

Which version of TV Engine are you using?

Are you using MSSQL or MySQL database?

I can not reproduce those issues... the "500" error would indicate a crash in an SQL query and the blank page would indicate a rouge query that has not terminated but has not crashed.

There is possibly some sort of database mis-match here???

Regards
    Kev

Hi Kev,

I am using TV Server version V0.2.3.0 RC1 Snapshot 15641 (one of the recent).
    I am using the MSSQL database (SQL Express 2005 SP2)

But maybe the problem is that my TV server is running on Windows 2003 Server ?

By the way, today when logging on to my server via RDP (remote desktop) I found this message in eventlog:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
    Ereignisquelle: Application Error
    Ereigniskategorie: (100)
    Ereigniskennung: 1000
    Datum: 05.09.2007
    Zeit: 21:52:19
    Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
    Computer: MEDIASERVER
    Beschreibung:
    Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung MPWebInt.exe, Version 0.0.0.6, fehlgeschlagenes Modul unknown, Version 0.0.0.0, Fehleradresse 0x00000012.

It means that the MPwebInt.exe was closed due to an unkown error, the adress of the error is 0x00000012.

Then there was another entry in the eventlog:

Ereignistyp: Informationen
    Ereignisquelle: DrWatson
    Ereigniskategorie: Keine
    Ereigniskennung: 4097
    Datum: 05.09.2007
    Zeit: 21:52:19
    Beschreibung:
    Die Anwendung "C:\Programme\MP Web Interface\MPWebInt.exe" hat einen Programmfehler verursacht. Datum und Zeit des Fehlers: 05.09.2007 um 21:52:19.359 Ausnahme: c0000005 an Adresse 00000012 (<nosymbols>)

This one also says that an error had occured in MPwebint.exe and specifies time and date and exeption which is c0000005 an Adresse 00000012.

Maybe those things are related ?

Bye,
    Alex

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    It seems that the program is crashing...

How new is the TV Server back end (not the client front end which is the V 0.2.3.0 RC1). If it is from the last few weeks then that would not be the problem. I am using tvengine3-08-16-2007--01-22h--Rev15546.

You can try the web server on another machine on your network and set the name of the MSSQL server to the name of your 2003 server to see if that is the problem.

It still looks like a database structure problem to me...

Regards
    Kev

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big_Kev:
    Have you noticed that i introduced a db update with my last change ("Added grabbing the parental rating...")?
    There gets only 1 col added to the db named "parentalRating" in table "Program"
    Depending on the sql statement, that might cause a problem.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Big_Kev:
    Have you noticed that i introduced a db update with my last change ("Added grabbing the parental rating...")?
    Most of my select statements use "select * from" syntax and a few select specific fields that already exist. So it should not be a problem. The application uses "FieldByName" type commands to access the data.

What XML tag are you uploading this data from so I can add it to my EPG GUI (different application)?

Thanks for the update!

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Testing new DB...

Big_Kev:
    Just loaded and tested with latest version of TV Engine with new db changes (15769).

All seems to be working fine.

Kev

midiboy

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Hi Big_Kev,

How new is the TV Server back end (not the client front end which is the V 0.2.3.0 RC1). If it is from the last few weeks then that would not be the problem. I am using tvengine3-08-16-2007--01-22h--Rev15546.

You can try the web server on another machine on your network and set the name of the MSSQL server to the name of your 2003 server to see if that is the problem.

It still looks like a database structure problem to me...

I am using tvengine3-08-31-2007--01-23h--Rev15687 which is a pretty recent one. When Windows decides to close the application due to an error I saw that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) has closed the program. Maybe you would need to adapt the program to be compatible with DEP ?

I did just install the mpwebinterface on my Windows XP SP2 client, here the Program crashes instantly as soon as I configured the settings and clicked on save. (after the message "webserver running" appeared for about 1 sec.)

Bye,
    Alex

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Midiboy, have you got any special DEP settings?
    Maybe try with DEP for only essential windows services or else for all programs, but select the web app as an exclusion.

system/advanced/performance/DEP

midiboy

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Hi !

I have now excluded the application from DEP but it still crashes, this time in kernel32.dll:

Ereignistyp: Fehler
    Ereignisquelle: Application Error
    Ereigniskategorie: (100)
    Ereigniskennung: 1000
    Datum: 06.09.2007
    Zeit: 18:12:03
    Beschreibung:
    Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung MPWebInt.exe, Version 0.0.0.9, fehlgeschlagenes Modul kernel32.dll, Version 5.2.3790.4062, Fehleradresse 0x0000bee7.

Any further ideas ? :)

Thanks,
    midiboy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom